djmonay

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
britincanada said:
Djmonay: Can you not log into E-CAS yet?? Have you tried logging in with the receipt number?
I tried many times with no success at all so I called CIC again and asked...they said the whole application was sent back to me and I shall receive it today or some time next week.:)

Maybe I could join July threads then.. :p

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Oh no!! That's lame.. but at least you didn't get lost in the shuffle.

About the person who asked about education credentials.. I have just seen a few things on here about them wanting that stuff, but I don't really have more info than that, so I guess it's possible.

No news here.. I keep hoping to hear from Buffalo soon but I see over on the Buffalo thread that they have slowed down a bit :(

robby1075

Oct 31, 2009
Atlanta-GA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15 2010/July 5 2010
Med's Done....
March 02 2010
That stinks djmonay, as I am in the same boat. Just got our app back on Monday and sent back to them on Monday. I could have just screamed. I guess were the May/July people.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
britincanada said:
You are welcome Missmyhoney..Just wish I could solve my own predicament! I overstayed in 2007 for 16 months..left without being deported or removal order..but didnt spell it out to the IO in my application..now I have a little voice in my head saying " your going to be denied PR because you stayed too long and didnt directly tell them!!" Although I did state when I entered and exited Canada and when I had my VR's issued to me...I didnt write "I overstayed" now I am worried they might think I lied to them!! Or tried to hide it!
I sooo sympathise. I pointed out my extra long stay to them (applied for extension to vistor visa, but somehow the copy of my passport was missing so they sent it back incomplete, which of course took ages, so I then had to apply for restoration of status, which fortunately I got. I hope they won't hold it against me either, but there is that little voice isn't there? Gah, wish I could just forget all about it for a few months......

djmonay

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't do anything but to wait. :'( Why don't they just process the application and ask me to send them the medical copy of my husband (the green form)..pfft Hate the officer who checked our apps :mad:

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
britincanada said:
You are welcome Missmyhoney..Just wish I could solve my own predicament! I overstayed in 2007 for 16 months..left without being deported or removal order..but didnt spell it out to the IO in my application..now I have a little voice in my head saying " your going to be denied PR because you stayed too long and didnt directly tell them!!" Although I did state when I entered and exited Canada and when I had my VR's issued to me...I didnt write "I overstayed" now I am worried they might think I lied to them!! Or tried to hide it!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. They don't really have a record of when you left. I overstayed myself. My one year VR expired in Aug 2008 and I stuck around till I got in trouble crossing the border in January of this year. They chewed me out for 15 minutes then just issued me another VR. She gave me three months to get my app in and I didn't make it as my medical was delayed because the Dr was sick!!! So they chewed me out for 20 minutes and issued me a new one :p Now I need to go back at the end of Aug with proof it's in process AND to make sure I get a Student Visa for my son. I've been stupid this whole process but I am not stressing about it till they say NO. Then I'll appeal :p

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
New update! We have received AOR letter by email today (unclassified) but they have received our app from CPC-M on Jul 2 (on e-cas says starting the PR process on Jun 29). It seems that Sydney office (Australia) has the different communication between the office and applicants. That is why we did not receive any AOR letter by postal but have received it by email instead (We prefer seeing AOR letter to the email one but that is ok). We are not sure if Sydney office may notify us both by email and by postal. Anyone experiences this?

From this letter given by email ("unclassified" header is written on the email of this acknowledgement receipt and the immigration ID # given), it says my name and the Sydney Immigration File Ref # is xxxxxxxxxx. This number must be quoted on all correspondence with this office. We estimate that processing a Family Class case to conclusion may take up to six months, or slightly longer if an interview is required.

Due to the volume of applications, telephone calls and correspondence we receive, we are unable to respond to case status requests or requests for confirmation of receipt of your correspondence. Please do not write about the status of your application unless you have not heard from this office for at least 16 weeks.

IMPORTANT: If there are changes in your family status (eg. marriage, divorce, birth of children etc.), address, phone number, or if you have other important information, please notify our office in writing immediately giving the file number shown at the top of this letter.

Generally, it is similar to the AOR letter by postal that most people have received. Surprisingly, the PR timeline is between 3 and 9 months, but they already approximately assuming our case would take up to 4-6 months as mentioned and where we mentioned we will return to Canada by the end of this year. We hope they will not ask any more proof of my husband's employment (he's been living/working exclusively outside Canada, and we have been currently living together in Australia), so we are not too sure if his letter submitted does not say the exact date when to return to Canada that might make them hold the process? (just assuming if they will just wait and ask us by that time, my medical result will be expired in early Mar). I heard some cases, the IO may ask the passport and issue the PR visa where is close to the expiry date of medical results in some offices, but hope it' s not our case. Hope this will be useful for applicants who have received the AOR letter by email

Anyone has received the AOR letter informed by email? or anyone filed the app in Sydney and receive this type of email?

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
We just checked the e-cas with IMM 5401 receipt# is still able to log on but the Immigration ID# informed by email did not let us to log on(the heading of email says "unclassified"). Does it mean they will still send us the AOR letter by postal?

If they have sent us the email with that immigration#, why can't we log on with that number given by the IO? Anyone experiences this?

Thanks

Aucknz

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
Doc's Request.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
17-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-08-2010
Hi Guys

My lawyer received the letter stating that my sponsorship has been approved and my file has been sent to SYDNEY.And now the coundown begins .I send my application on 28/05 and they receive on 31/05 .date on letter was 29 june,so which was really quick.

i hope everyone gets there approval soon and wish gudluck to everyone. i have one more reason to be happy becoz my wife is coming to visit me on aug 4 from Canada awwwwwwwwwwwwwww so nice of her :D .

i also very scare after reading that all horrible stories . :( hope everyone gets there visas .

Annieann13 is gud to know that your office is also sydney :D

Thanks

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Aucknz said:
Annieann13 is gud to know that your office is also sydney :D

Thanks
Yeah, I think our app and timelines would be similar. Do you use the lawyer to deal with your app? I'd guess that must be expensive! Have you already got the AOR letter by yourself as well? Have you got any communication sent to your sponsor's email by Sydney office?

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are u guys getting problem in logging in cic - checking ur application status.

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
YEs! ecas is not working????/

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
lynw said:
I sooo sympathise. I pointed out my extra long stay to them (applied for extension to vistor visa, but somehow the copy of my passport was missing so they sent it back incomplete, which of course took ages, so I then had to apply for restoration of status, which fortunately I got. I hope they won't hold it against me either, but there is that little voice isn't there? Gah, wish I could just forget all about it for a few months......
Thank you lynw..I am fully expecting and interview, I expect CIC have heard all kinds of stories in the past..

Mine boils down to making a stupid mistake and the wrong decision, I panicked because my daughters birth took 2 months to register and then I needed her British passport, buy the time I realized what a mistake I had really made I was past my 90 days for restoration of Status! We hit bad financial difficulties which is ultimately why it took me so long to leave..I am really hoping the fact that I left of my own accord when we finally got the money together to do so will go in my favour..I also didnt work or study without authorization..or commit any crimes!!

I just gotta hold on and hope for the best!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
Nothing.....nothing......anyone hear for 2nd stage ïn process"yet????? anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!