22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Welcome cuds!

Seems you may be among the first to learn of your first stage approval, so far May 4/5/6 are our earliest application dates.

I am compliling a list of everyone in the May thread with their timelines. Are GT and GTwifey the same person or a couple? I have both posters going through Port of Spain, but their application days differ - May 7 and May 13.

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for making a list bobshynoswife! Will make it interesting to see when people start getting approved :)

I check eCas every day .. and keep hoping to see something eventhough I know I will need to practise more patience

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Hey Bobshynoswife,

GT is a different person. ;)

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Allo all! Get ready for the novel. I'm American and being sponsored by my Canadian hubby (Ontario) along with my 8 yr old son from a previous relationship. We've been friends since 2002, and started dating in 2006, had a daughter together July 2007 and were married Aug 2007. I've actually been living here with him and the kids since Aug of 2007, initially on a 1 yr Visitor's Record. We were pretty irresponsible though and let my status lapse until I was busted at the border in Jan of this year. I was chewed out but issued a three month Visa and told to get things done. In April we went back and got another extension till Sept (so that we make sure to get my son another Student Visa this time). We finally submitted our application May 3rd and I'm just waiting to hear what's what. I too said to myself that once I sent off the App I wasn't going to be coming back to any forums (my other one closed boooooo) but here I am seeking solace in the collective misery once again lol Looks like I might be leading the pack!! CIC is saying they are processing apps submitted through April 23, 2010 with a wait time of 48 days. I have a feeling it'll be quicker though! When I sent off for my daughter's Citizenship Certificate they said it'd be a ten month wait but I think it was more like 6 months. Anyway, nice to meet ya!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Hopefully it will be quick for all of us!

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Vervain said:
Allo all! Get ready for the novel. I'm American and being sponsored by my Canadian hubby (Ontario) along with my 8 yr old son from a previous relationship. We've been friends since 2002, and started dating in 2006, had a daughter together July 2007 and were married Aug 2007. I've actually been living here with him and the kids since Aug of 2007, initially on a 1 yr Visitor's Record. We were pretty irresponsible though and let my status lapse until I was busted at the border in Jan of this year. I was chewed out but issued a three month Visa and told to get things done. In April we went back and got another extension till Sept (so that we make sure to get my son another Student Visa this time). We finally submitted our application May 3rd and I'm just waiting to hear what's what. I too said to myself that once I sent off the App I wasn't going to be coming back to any forums (my other one closed boooooo) but here I am seeking solace in the collective misery once again lol Looks like I might be leading the pack!! CIC is saying they are processing apps submitted through April 23, 2010 with a wait time of 48 days. I have a feeling it'll be quicker though! When I sent off for my daughter's Citizenship Certificate they said it'd be a ten month wait but I think it was more like 6 months. Anyway, nice to meet ya!
Did you return to the US to have your baby? (just wondering why she needs a Cert if you are living in Canada). We mailed our app on May 3rd also, and it arrived there on May 5th. Hoping to hear something soon! Good luck to you.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Have any early May people tried to log onto ECAS? I can't get in yet. :mad:

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I keep trying (multiple times a day 8)) but nothing yet here

Application was received May 6

idris_halai

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Toronto
I need your advise whether I should proceed with the applocation.

I got an approval from NS on 4th march

Education - Post Graduate in business Management ( PGDBM )
Age 28
Work ex - 5 + years
IELTS - L - 7.5 R - 6 W - 6.5 -S - 7
Spouse education is less than 10 years

I have attempted IELTS 4 times and got 6.5 band in reading twice but last attempt I got suffiiceint in rest of the module except reading....

Shall I go with the all the TRF explaining the situation...I am running out of time...

pls help

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I know I would be trying to log into ecas several times a day, so I have avoided it altogether!

I've decided to use our PR processing time to make some positive changes, so I started a diet last Saturday. My goal is to lose 90 pounds before he lands next year, so that I will be in great shape to start making babies! We're planning my next trip to Nigeria for the fall, and I will have the majority of the weight off by then. I can't imagine his face when he sees me and puts his arms around me for the first time!

Unfortunately, the only thing that makes time go slower is when you're on a diet! LOL

Hope everyone in the May 2010 club has a great weekend!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Good for you, bobswife! I lost 100lbs over the last few years (with the help of a gastric band though) and you really do feel so much better!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
^^^^ and good for you! I looked into the lap-band surgery and could not afford it, it's around $20,000 in Canada.

I am doing a low-carb, high protein diet that is medically supervised. My friend started 7 weeks ago and is already down 35lbs, and not only looks thinner, but years younger! Her skin is glowing, and she is so energetic.

When I first met Bob (not his real name, for anyone who is interested - lol!) I weighed about 40lbs less. He was okay with me being a big girl, liked the curves, but still would have preferred me to be down a few sizes. In fact, when he first saw my pics online, he said I was beautiful, but should lose some weight! He did say that he was fine with how I was, as long as I didn't gain weight. Well, after nearly 2 years apart, the loneliness and stress of it caused me to eat and gain 40lbs. The really funny thing is, he didn't even notice! Amazing what love can do to a man! It wasn't until we were looking at pictures to send in for evidence that he realized I had gained so much.

Really, he just wants me to be healthy. He spent 27 out of 33 years of his life in Nigeria eating a natural, non-processed diet. His mother and father are still very active and healthy at 77 and 73 years old. His grandfather lived to be 106! So likely he has a long life ahead of him, and I would hate to compromise his happiness by leaving him early because of complications from obesity.

Plus, we are planning to have 2 children (to add to my three already!) and the new legislation in Alberta regarding midwives makes it nearly impossible for me to have a homebirth at my weight. My other children were born at home, and it was an experience I can't wait to share with Bob.

Plus, I have heard the sex gets way better after losing weight! :p I can't imagine it being any better than it is, so that is exciting!

ps. just noticed that the 'tongue out' emoticon looks a bit different in the middle of a sentence about sex! I guess it's been a month since I've been kissed, so I'm starting to see everything in a different way... :D

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Yeah, my insurance paid for my surgery 100%.. but I actually had the band loosened a bit knowing that they will basically do nothing for it up there. Don't want to get up there and have problems and then be stuck with them!

Stress is a killer.. I had that big loss but I'm still overweight and I haven't really lost any within the past year with everything going on.. I'm hoping the Canadian lifestyle will help. I honestly have to say I very much dislike Canadian food!! I'm a southern girl and there's really no comparison to the food in the southern states and in Canada. (I'd rather starve than eat an ENGLISH MUFFIN in the morning!! BISCUITS all the way!!!) When my hubby is here he gains a huge amount of weight in a short time because he has to fill up on good food before he goes back to blah land :p Also the city life with transit and more walking and stuff will hopefully help. Where I live, if you want to basically ever leave your house to go anywhere you are driving because there's nothing within walking distance!

L

Laura357

Hey Everyone!

I am From London, England and my Common Law Partner of 3 years is a Canadian Citizen. We are applying outland and sent our application to Mississauga May 19th 2010.. Should we receive a letter at some point from Mississauga saying whether or not she has been approved as a sponsor and will they let us know when the application has been sent to London?
Not sure how this all works after this point?

Thanks ;D