+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for MAY 2010 applications!!

S

SaugaBoss

sbwv09 said:
Good news, moo!

My ecas changed today to reflect the file transfer. No news other than that.

I'm trying to cut back on the forums... I just get myself upset and worked up and that doesn't do anyone any good :)

so it says file transfered to NYC?

i always tell my self i wont log on but i do i guess makes day go by faster :) but im going to Canada in 18days and from there going to drive to Buffalo for my PPR which will happen by September 24 ;D ;D ;D ;D (i wish)

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Yeah, that's exactly what it says.

I looked on trackitt, and there aren't many NYC cases.. but the ones that were there had PPR within a month or so after the transfer! That was awhile ago though, but at least it's sort of in keeping with the other US cases.. all the offices have slowed down a bit, but hopefully it won't be much longer!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
Hi my long-lost May buddies!!!

Thought I stop-by and say "HELLO" to all!!! Seems like lots of progress and good news from lots of you...awesome!!!

I'm waiting for my PP back with visa...everyone around me in New Delhi already have Maple Leaf stamped...im hoping in coming weeks this ordeal with be over!!!

Good luck to all!!!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
hi minku! hope your passport is returned soon!

lovebajan, looking forward to hearing about the safe arrival of your bundle of joy!

As for me, I could just scream. Husband is leaving Nigeria at 3am MST. He gets to the airport and is told he cannot check-in without a UK transit visa. This is complete bullshit, as having COPR from Canada allows him to transit through UK without a visa. He calls me at midnight to find the link and email it to him so he can show the woman. She then tells him it is not transiting because he is not taking the FIRST available flight out of London to Canada. Well, he is taking the first available flight to Edmonton, but she doesn't care, she says he has to transit to anywhere in Canada immediately. WTF? Finally she allows him in, and I fall asleep at 2am, hoping his flight is not delayed.

No such luck. I wake up this morning to find out his flight was delayed 4 hours because the airline was 'trying to find fuel'. Yes, the airline he is travelling on owes so much money to so many companies that the airport was refusing to fuel the plane!

I have gotten word that he is in the air now. Thank God he is out of Nigeria! That country is such a wreck, and it is so sad because it is beautiful with wonderful people who are just getting screwed over and over by corrupt government and corporations.

Now he has to go through the hassle of UK border services, who aren't known to be the friendliest people, if you know what I mean.

I will finally relax a little when he is on the Air Canada flight to Toronto.

Hope all of you are well today!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
No worries, bob'swife! Soon you will be making that baby you guys want so much! :p :p :p :p

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
OOOHHH! Got an email today from CIC!

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:Canadian Consulate General Detroit, Michigan. The Canadian Consulate General in Detroit will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.

The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit. Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.

All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.

Anyone know anything about Detroit?? I am going to do some research now!! I am PRAYING that I can go there in person for my PR because it is literally 5 minutes from my house ;) How convenient!!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Vervain, join our satellite offices thread!! There's another lady there who had her file sent to Detroit :) Mine is in NYC now.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-transfer-from-buffalo-to-a-satellite-office-nyc-seattle-la-detroit-t48654.0.html

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ARGH! The more I hear of other people's cases actually doing something, the more I want to spit blood! I can't believe there has been no activity on our case in a month. They won't respond to emails. I wonder if they took my second FBI letter and just tossed it in a shredder. I think at this point it is probably a good thing I don't own a shotgun and Heather has the car. :mad:

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I'd rather have mine still in Buffalo where I could drop off the passport instead of trusting it to the mail system.. *shudder*

Here's to hoping you hear something soon, wmaitner

moo48

Jan 17, 2010
SaugaBoss and Heatherusa - They emailed me on Friday, at 3 pm. I just didn't check my email till Monday night. Wasn't expecting to hear from Buffalo through email, because I hadn't emailed them since before I sent my application.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
my husband landed in toronto 40 minutes ago! i imagine right now he is at immgration signing his permanent resident papers.

i wish he didn't have to transfer through toronto, because he won't be in edmonton for another 7 hours. gives me time for pedicure, waxing and hair cut and colour though. i figured i'd better find a way to stay busy today so i don't go crazy.

my friend just came over and dropped off a picnic basket with wine, cheese, hummus, pitas, fruit, salami and chocolates. she figured we would probably miss dinner tonight, and by the time we are ready to eat take-out will be closed. it was so thoughtful.

i am trying not to get my expectations too high, i know he will be tired after travelling for 40 hours to get here.

still wishing good things for all my may buddies!

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobshynoswife said:
my husband landed in toronto 40 minutes ago! i imagine right now he is at immgration signing his permanent resident papers.

i wish he didn't have to transfer through toronto, because he won't be in edmonton for another 7 hours. gives me time for pedicure, waxing and hair cut and colour though. i figured i'd better find a way to stay busy today so i don't go crazy.

my friend just came over and dropped off a picnic basket with wine, cheese, hummus, pitas, fruit, salami and chocolates. she figured we would probably miss dinner tonight, and by the time we are ready to eat take-out will be closed. it was so thoughtful.

i am trying not to get my expectations too high, i know he will be tired after travelling for 40 hours to get here.

still wishing good things for all my may buddies!
ur cute

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Bobshynoswife- So happy for you!!! I am soooooo very glad everything went so quickly in your case. You seem like such a lovely person and it was so hard to think you would be so far apart with a wait time that was RIDICULOUS!! Have fun tonight ;)

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vervain said:
Bobshynoswife- So happy for you!!! I am soooooo very glad everything went so quickly in your case. You seem like such a lovely person and it was so hard to think you would be so far apart with a wait time that was RIDICULOUS!! Have fun tonight ;)
:p

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobshynoswife (and anyone else in Edmonton), maybe once I get up there maybe a few of the people who survived this ordeal should get together for dinner or a couple drinks. What do you think?