+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for MAY 2010 applications!!

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U just need to raise an application in the passport office and then u need to ask them u need ur spouse name to be added.
u can also show them the letter for passport request from immgration that will speed up ur process..
then u can even request the regional passport officer about our case..
i did in chandigarh passport office.. not sure abyout delhi but i m sure it wont take much time. beacause they just need to stamp on a page and with pen they write ur spouse name on it.. its just 5mins job

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
Ok so just to be clear you r being sponsored by ur wife and U have an INDIAN passport and u got this done>

Sorry and thnx again!!

p.s. what docs did u need??? (CDN marriage certificate work?)

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes my wife is in canada and i am sponsored by her.
U need to fill an application from which u can take from passport office.. it is the same form which we use while filling a new passport. u need to write an application as well that u want ur spouse name to be added in the passport.
you need to attach ur passport copy + marriage certificate copy and 2 photos on the form.

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
@Cool_5
Thanks Buddyyy!!

S

SaugaBoss

heatherusa said:
Nothing... makes me what to scream. Hopefully it will go fast once it is opened.
what did they say when u email or contact buffalo?

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
xyrus said:
Dont worry Rachel. Im only 15 kms away frm the Visa Office but in a different state (Gurgaon, Haryana) n the letter was delivered after 2 weeks!! It was dated July 8th n was delivered on 21st by regular post! Hang in there!!
Thank you Xyrus,for your consoling words! I dont know how long its gonna take for a letter to reach south india from ND via reg post...so how long can i wait? maybe a couple of more weeks? its already been 2 weeks since they have opened my file...so shall i email ND CHC n ask about my file status if i didnt hear even after 2 more weeks? what do u suggest?

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
@cool_5

did u receive PPR from ND? I think your file was taken on july 15th if i am not wrong...Mine was on july 14th...plz keep me posted if u hear anything from ND office...

S

SaugaBoss

For everyone who mailed their app to buffalo this is an update:

They emailed me this:

Yes, it means your file to date has not been created in Buffalo. We do
not confirm receipt of applications prior to creation. We are currently
creating family class applications received June 4, 2010.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Hello Americans in May--Did any of you hear anything from Buffalo this week? Also, can anyone please explain why London, New Delhi, Romania, and Manila have faster processing offices than Buffalo? They are all Canadian Consulates doing the processing aren't they? Why, then, are the offices in some far-flung areas of the world so much speedier than an office a few miles from the border?

It almost seems unfair in some ways, as it will be another three months after Permanent Residency before we can apply for OHIP. And, it make take a few months to find a suitable job. This wait, and being a burden on my new husband by not pulling the load equally is driving me crazy!!!

How are the rest of the Americans doing?

Let's raise a glass to a speed up in Buffalo, and wish them ease and peace at that office, so that the work goes smoothly. Do they need to hire more staff at that office?

CeeGee

S

SaugaBoss

CeeGee said:
Hello Americans in May--Did any of you hear anything from Buffalo this week? Also, can anyone please explain why London, New Delhi, Romania, and Manila have faster processing offices than Buffalo? They are all Canadian Consulates doing the processing aren't they? Why, then, are the offices in some far-flung areas of the world so much speedier than an office a few miles from the border?

It almost seems unfair in some ways, as it will be another three months after Permanent Residency before we can apply for OHIP. And, it make take a few months to find a suitable job. This wait, and being a burden on my new husband by not pulling the load equally is driving me crazy!!!

Let's raise a glass to a speed up in Buffalo, and wish them ease and peace at that office, so that the work goes smoothly. Do they need to hire more staff at that office?

CeeGee
i agree!! many countries are faster Buffalo

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
CeeGee said:

CeeGee
I'm a july applicant...so I'm crashing the May party here....

but don't forget, buffalo processes ALL american visas. Including student visas, skilled worker class visas, etc etc etc....someone on another thread suggested that buffalo may speed up again after the summer, because they are likely processing many student visas in the summer months - plus staff are probably taking summer holidays etc etc. Although, anecdotally - with the economy as bad as it is in the US, and with Canada's economy so strong, it seems like people who can leave the US for canada might be applying to do so now -- the DMP's office where my partner had his exam said that they've been SWAMPED with immigration cases lately, to the point that the dr's regular patients are having a hard time getting appointments.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
It's not that I'm not happy for other May people getting PPR and stuff, but it is hard to see that while we get absolutely NO word on our applications. If they can't handle their cases, they need to either hire more people or not allow people who have been admitted to Canada for a year (from any country) to apply through Buffalo. Obviously they can't handle it.

It's also frustrating to see people who applied around the beginning of the year who were finished in 3 months.. and we aren't even getting AOR!