1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
dutchboy54 said:
Well folks, I did not go to get favortism nor did I cry about the plight in Ukraine, I went to see my MP regarding a matter of a threat from a worker at foreign affairs threating to derail my application. I personally don't think that it was any of your business. That person is now under investigation and could lose her job. Thats not funny. My MP put a little pressure on CIC regarding that matter and it was CIC that suggested to do my application while on the phone. It was CIC that also mentioned about the political turmoil in Ukraine and how some ambassadors are being recalled. Our country also has some very serious words to say so I guess if you want to really gripe gripe at them. I would have gladly waited my turn like anyone else and I do not play games or if I play them I do not play them unfairly. I did not have to explain anything as I am not accountable to you or anyone else except my family. I got lucky and I was not looking for it.

Go and kick some one else in the teeth it seems to make you feel better.. Report this to the moderator I have done nothing to deserve this.
Well to be honest Dutchboy thats not how you made it look on your post before when you went on about political unrest and such, it looked like from what you said that was exactly why you got your sponsership through quicker.
I cant speak for other posters here but if you had been honest in the first place, and I dont mean you had to go into details, but instead of you making it sound like you had got your sponsership approved because of what was happening in Ukraine, then you wouldnt have got peoples backs up.

To be honest if I had been in the same situation (as the above explanation) then yeah i would have got my MP to have called, but you cant say that your MP and yourself wasnt hoping for the outcome that you got. Perhaps try being a little more honest about things in the future and not put down that (and i quote you here.)
"Yes there was two reasons, One is the political turmoil right now in Ukraine regarding the former prime minister and the current president. The political instability is in a volitile state but the second reason is private and I will not discuss. Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Anna_sol

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Canada, Vaughan
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
File Transfer...
27-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-06-2011
Passport Req..
11-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2012
interesting..... now there are two different versions.
Second one sounds like a fairy tail to me LOL

shamsia, im trying to be nice and patient :-*

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Alright folks, let's move on, we're halfway through our waiting period anyway, so let's think positive and put those issues behind us.

To be honest with you, I'm looking forward to next week as I hope that the processing times will improve and things will get moving a bit faster. I had made plans anyways to allow approximately 2 full months waiting for first stage approval, so I'm still within that timeframe.

Let's walk the high road, not allowing negative feelings intoxicate our heads. On the contrary, nothing has been lost and our solidarity is still strong.

I leave you with three wise sayings from a wise man as food for thought:

• Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one.

[*]Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

[*]A good conscience is a continual Christmas.

Benjamin Franklin

rozine

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 July-2011
File Transfer...
8 Sep- 2011
Passport Req..
14 Oct- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan - 2012
i agree, we should move on :) and i am hoping to see good number next week.

well, weekends here, any interesting plans?? i think i am gonna be watching some good movies, haven't done that in a long time..

D

dutchboy54

Aneyshar, please remove me from the graph as I am not returning here anymore.

Thank you

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
dutchboy54 said:
Well folks, I did not go to get favortism nor did I cry about the plight in Ukraine, I went to see my MP regarding a matter of a threat from a worker at foreign affairs threating to derail my application. I personally don't think that it was any of your business. That person is now under investigation and could lose her job. Thats not funny. My MP put a little pressure on CIC regarding that matter and it was CIC that suggested to do my application while on the phone. It was CIC that also mentioned about the political turmoil in Ukraine and how some ambassadors are being recalled. Our country also has some very serious words to say so I guess if you want to really gripe gripe at them. I would have gladly waited my turn like anyone else and I do not play games or if I play them I do not play them unfairly. I did not have to explain anything as I am not accountable to you or anyone else except my family. I got lucky and I was not looking for it.

Go and kick some one else in the teeth it seems to make you feel better.. Report this to the moderator I have done nothing to deserve this.
Your actions meant no harm, just the effect of it would make others feel bad. Anyways I don't feel bad I am used to going the short ways in different phases. Cheers to you! :) I'm happily waiting for my turn.

Anna_sol

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Canada, Vaughan
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
File Transfer...
27-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-06-2011
Passport Req..
11-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2012
Aneyshar said:
Alright folks, let's move on, we're halfway through our waiting period anyway, so let's think positive and put those issues behind us.
it is already behind..... ;) anxiously waiting for next wednesday!!!

throwmyapples

Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-19-11
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-26-11
File Transfer...
09-27-11
Med's Done....
06-17-11
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-11
LANDED..........
06-01-12
Oy. As we've only been waiting for a little while, I obviously can't relate to the wait some have had. But good lord, the bitterness flying around is dampening. However unfair anything may seem with timing and prioritizing, I'm really happy to hear that some people are getting through quickly and painlessly. The sense of support in this community has me excited for ANYONE that makes it through okay, plus it gives me hope that any of us could end up with great luck. Congrats, DutchBoy. 8)

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
rozine said:
i agree, we should move on :) and i am hoping to see good number next week.

well, weekends here, any interesting plans?? i think i am gonna be watching some good movies, haven't done that in a long time..
yes rozine, i'm taking the kids to the science museum, other family will go as well so hopefully it'll be fun! the kids are all excited, so am I. I plan to take lotsa pictures, funny how every time I go somewhere with the family I bring the camera thinking I'll need the pics as evidence of a genuine relationship, LOL. This PR process has changed my life.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
hiya folks!

Here's something to cheer you up for the weekend, try to enjoy life with your significant other and/or family. Things are not as bad, we can make it better ;)

Enjoy!

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
Ha! Yep, but Canada is sort of half American / half British though, the date format here is (most of the time) DD/MM/YYYY like in the UK.
Canadians do Celsius, not Farenheit, Kilometers, not miles, etc..
;D

MandyUK said:
he is getting us used to doing everything the other way round, lol So next on the list, driving! :p

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
I don't think anybody is angry here, there's nothing wrong with peaceful disagreement.

M

magpie

from what I have read the words have displayed a lot of anger... I am a newbie but I was a little set back at the words.

I was under the understanding that this was a support forum.

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Anyone else having a hard time trying to explain this process to people who know nothing about it?

I have had to explain to so many friends and family members, why it takes so long, all the paper work we had to do, and they still don't really get it.

I hate being apart from my partner after we lived together for so long. And the different time zones situation is killing me :( We were never a long distance couple and now that's what we are. It's just hard.

Sorry I'm being so whiny, haha. Sometimes I just want to complain about this whole process, and like I said before, no one understands! :p

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
magpie said:
from what I have read the words have displayed a lot of anger... I am a newbie but I was a little set back at the words.

I was under the understanding that this was a support forum.
Hello Magpie! Its unfortunate that that happened, but I feel the anger was not for one person getting his approval per se. Its just that being away from your better half takes it toll on you and you let it out when you find a catalyst...

We just need to work on being in each other's shoes & learn to respond & not react to situations :) Otherwise, I think this is a pretty awesome forum, with loads of helpful friendly people around ;D