+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for July 2011 applicants

M

magpie

Great news. Application received at VO 6 October, Approved 12th October and Passport required for Visa. We should be home for Christmas. We had to telephoned to confirm and yes its true. Permanent Residence approved. This has got to be the quickest approval I have know. 91 days total to approval

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
magpie said:
Great news. Application received at VO 6 October, Approved 12th October and Passport required for Visa. We should be home for Christmas. We had to telephoned to confirm and yes its true. Permanent Residence approved. This has got to be the quickest approval I have know. 91 days total to approval
super congrats.. :)

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
magpie said:
wat VO were u?

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know when CIC send you a approval with a E-mail what is there domain
@xxxxxxxx.xxx

I just want to make sure it doesn't go to the junk folder.

Thx

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
magpie said:
wow congrats

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Bilaldxb said:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know when CIC send you a approval with a E-mail what is there domain
@ xxxxxxxx.xxx

I just want to make sure it doesn't go to the junk folder.

Thx
cic.gc.ca is the domain from which my hubby received the approval email.

M

magpie

Aneyshar, If your situation is anything like mine it may be that they are processing both in Canada before forwarding over to the VO. When I called our VO they had informed me that the only thing they needed to do at their end was the medical which was done by the local DMP. Once that was received then approval was nothing. We will go to VO Thursday and Pick up Passport and Visa the following day. I do wish you luck Aneyshar as I understand the wait and what it can do to a person. God bless you and look upon Him and all will be fine.

Bluesteam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Langley
Visa Office......
Berlin
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sidkrose said:
I wish enough people on here applied through Berlin for there to be a Berlin thread!! Haha. Judging from past applicants and the official time line, it could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 9 months!!!! Makes it damn difficult to plan your life :p
Know exactly what you mean sidkrose.... Sitting here in southern Germany not knowing if I will be here for Christmas or if I should give up my apartment (need three months notice)... Just frustrating, but I guess we have no choice but to wait and see. Sure hope things move along soon.... What part of Germany are you from?

ghausia50

Star Member
May 26, 2009
magpie said:
WOW Congrats Magpie.... :) what is your VO ?

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
magpie said:
congrats... u have just made a world record....well done

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Wow congratulations magpie!! Wooohoo first julyian all approved! :)

M

magpie

We have arranged landing Mid January. Gives us three months to pack and put everything in order. Already tickets purchased now just have to land. I hope all goes well with everyone else.

kolafsso

May 18, 2011
How can I find out when (should I maybe say IF) my VO received my application? All ecas is showing is the date they received it in Missaussauga (i suspect i misspelled it :)

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magpie said:
Wow, magpie! I can't believe my eyes! Now can all VOs do the same "turbo" processing with our apps 8)?

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
magpie said:
Aneyshar, If your situation is anything like mine it may be that they are processing both in Canada before forwarding over to the VO. When I called our VO they had informed me that the only thing they needed to do at their end was the medical which was done by the local DMP. Once that was received then approval was nothing. We will go to VO Thursday and Pick up Passport and Visa the following day. I do wish you luck Aneyshar as I understand the wait and what it can do to a person. God bless you and look upon Him and all will be fine.
Thank you magpie and BIG congratulations for your quick resolution! I'm still not hearing anything from the CIC, either email or snail mail. Our phone calls to CPC-M or the VO don't get through, these people have instituted methods to avoid being reachable or providing information when we press them about it. I've submitted a formal inquiry to our VO but I feel somehow apprehensive and negative at the outcome. The query form I submitted responded with a terse "you will receive a response within 28 days...." not exactly what we wanted to hear. Anyways, all my energies and expectations are invested in this process, I find it exhausting and unrewarding.

I'll update if I get any news.

Your info updated.