File Transfer...
18 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
18 Oct 2010
Passport Req..
23 Jun 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
Moonpie, I got the same letter too. My wife called the call center yesterday (the sponsor has to actually call) and explained the situation. The agent said she will contact Mississugua and tell them to forward the receipt to Buffalo.

I also sent a email to Buffalo with the scanned copy of the receipt, but haven't got any response. I am also planning to mail the receipt later this week, if I don't get any response.

In the december group this has happened to Jeff as well...

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys !

Congrats on getting your IA, that is a big step :)
Jeff did not get a proper receipt with the barcodes I believe, and the last we heard from him was that he was going to check the receipt. Let's hope Jeff could get back to us with more detail.

Did you guys send the proper receipt that has barcode etc, and requires the name of the sponsor and client ID etc? I am just trying to get an idea if Buffalo si just doing this randomly for everyone without checking, or is there a different way to send the receipt which probably we didn't follow. I am already wayyyy behind, and I don't want this thing to come up with my IA as well :(

palamr

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
8 Apr 2011
File Transfer...
18 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
18 Oct 2010
Passport Req..
23 Jun 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
I did send the proper receipt that has the barcodes, name of the sponsor, address and telephone.

Client ID is left empty since we don't have the client Id when we submit the application. The printout also says Official Receipt.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
palamr,

Doesn't your wife/sponsor have a client ID ? Because I remember, we had to put the sponsor's details, and I put my client ID on there.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also just called CIC (1-888-242-2100) and asked them about my file whether they sent the payment details to Buffalo, and they said yes, we sent them that information on January 25, which is when file was transfered. I don't think it was much useful, coz I believe it was sent for everyone the same way.

palamr

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
8 Apr 2011
File Transfer...
18 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
18 Oct 2010
Passport Req..
23 Jun 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
You get your client ID only after your Sponsorship is approved, but you pay the fees when you are submitting the application to Mississuaga (before teh sponsorship is approved) at which point you don't have the Client ID.

When did you pay your fees?

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I paid my fees when I submitted my application, but I guess, since I got my own PR two years back, I had a client ID number already. I am the sponsor, and I put my name and details on the receipt along with the client ID when I sent the application.

So you mean to say your wife got a client ID number after she was approved as a sponsor?

palamr

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
8 Apr 2011
File Transfer...
18 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
18 Oct 2010
Passport Req..
23 Jun 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
Yes, We got the Client ID from the sponsorship approval letter.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay..

I really hope you all get your PPR asap !! This gives me some hope too, although my e-cas still says "Application Received" :(

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Hi Moonpie and palamr my wife received the same letter it was dated May 25th IA completed without an interview her file on ecas now says in process letter is asking us to send the original police report which was already sent. Our attorney emailed buffalo to inform them they asked for this info by August 20

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
yay congrats to thoes who've made progress! and got IAs! hopefully we get ours soon :)

Jeff

Star Member
Aug 29, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
My wife only had the screen to print and did not receive anything to print with bar codes. We called the CIC call centre and asked them what was up. They said everything checks out on their end, verified payment was received fine, said Buffalo should have the information but they would send this to them immediately again. When we stated what we had printed and sent in they said that was fine and that if it wasn't enough they would have asked for that before sending to Buffalo.

I never heard a thing after that so I can only assume that in their impeccable procedures and knack for extreme accuracy they are all over it and everything is fine! :-X

So who knows...we sit and wait I guess. Into month six now (eight if you count our application sent in October being returned and resubmitted in December - our fault for incomplete info)...it's starting to take it's toll for sure.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeff, Looks like it was all fine at your end, and Buffalo just doesn't seem to acknowledge payments for some reason :(

It definitely has started taking it's toll. I live in this very small city away from family, just coz I am close to border. But unfortunately, the only way it helped us is we can easily see each other on weekends :(
I asked this question separately, but wanted to know if my husband can start living with me here on visitor visa. His job is an hour from here where he is currently living (in US). So can he reside here and then cross border daily to work ? He is on H1B work visa in US.

Any help is appreciated....

Since I cannot move there until his immigration is done, and I am tired of waiting now....just trying to figure out some alternatives.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
sparkle said:
Jeff, Looks like it was all fine at your end, and Buffalo just doesn't seem to acknowledge payments for some reason :(

It definitely has started taking it's toll. I live in this very small city away from family, just coz I am close to border. But unfortunately, the only way it helped us is we can easily see each other on weekends :(
I asked this question separately, but wanted to know if my husband can start living with me here on visitor visa. His job is an hour from here where he is currently living (in US). So can he reside here and then cross border daily to work ? He is on H1B work visa in US.

Any help is appreciated....

Since I cannot move there until his immigration is done, and I am tired of waiting now....just trying to figure out some alternatives.
The only Issue I can see is that there is no guarentees the border officers will allow him back across the border into Canada everyday. So at any time he could be denyed entry into Canada, and I dont think there is a way around that. He wouldn't be allowed to 'reside' here and would be considered a visitor.

This is what I think anyway, anyone more familiar with the process who knows more then I do can prolly give you more info

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Hi guys! I sent an email to buffalo asking for an update yesterday and I got the reply back saying that my application is in process :)) my e-cas still says "application received". :)