Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I can't imagine what you guys must be going through, I really can't. It is just not fair at all. lnl applied in Dec and is still waiting, yet even April applicants are starting to receive PPRs in the london group.

I had a pretty stressful time with the process. Even though in the end things went quite smoothly. Things are good now and once you get that magical PPR, the weight will be lifted. It will vanish once you actually land. You won't believe how good it feels to have that stress gone.

I am honestly so thankful that this process is over for me. Although i visit this forum most days still to offer advice and answer questions if I can.

Thinking of all of you who are still waiting, especially my fellow Decemberers and Londoners.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Thanks Pinklady for sharing. I try not to look at the negative side of things and become even more frustrated, am I anxious at times? certainly, but I understand its a process and that most of the information is posted as far as how the VO's will proceed They said that 80% of the cases will be processed within 11 months going thru Buffalo so I expect that my case may be one of those, If it come thru sooner I would be happy but I resign myself to the fact that the process can take some time so I find other things to do to prepare for when the time comes, they say they will not respond to case specific emails unless it has exceeded the processing times so I understand that. I send email to prompt them if they respond fine if not well, they did say they would not respond. They set the rules I don't so I don't expect the rules to be changed to benefit me.

Having being a senior executive with a large corporation and now being a business owner my self I understand rules and protocol so I learn to adapt knowing that things can change in a moment.

QuakingAspen can you share your overall experience with the process and the feeling now that you have landed?

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
I have my fingers crossed for you lot, really really unfair.

Jeff

Star Member
Aug 29, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
spiritrac said:
Having being a senior executive with a large corporation and now being a business owner my self I understand rules and protocol so I learn to adapt knowing that things can change in a moment.
Coming from similar background...one of my first thoughts was "Damn, this process is broken and they need a shakeup and some more transparency." ;D

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know why people are making excuses for the immigration officers. They are overworked, understaffed, whatever... so are a lot of people. If I made the mistakes they make at my job, I'd be fired long ago. Does anyone actually know how much they work? When I worked for a government institution in Canada, the permanent employees spend more time on drinking coffee and playing cards than on actual work. I am not saying that's what they are doing in Buffalo, but sometimes it seems like it...

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
I am not taking up for the Immigration officers but expressing my own opinion and how I handle this process. I certainly said that I get frustrated at times but then I go back to the stated times on the process. If they said that 80% of the applications are processed in 11 months then I expect that out of the 18 persons that applied in December going thru Buffalo my file can be one of them that would be completed by November, if by some chance it gets completed before that time I am happy. If they say that they will not respond to email then why should I get upset if there is no response to my email .. They stated it in the first place. Thats how I relate to things Once I know the rules I play by them.

Jeff I said the same thing but others have said the same thing about companies that we have worked for also. but those early Monday morning executive meetings told how much though went into governance that lower level managers never saw and now that we have our own businesses they are still persons thinking and saying we are not doing this or that, and that we should be doing this or that trust me managing a staff of over 500 in one place was not easy each person has a different perspective and a different expectation

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
One other reason that I do not allow this process to trouble me too much is because I have been down this road before. When my wife sponsored me from Canada to the US in 1990 it took 2 1/2 years for the sponsorship to be completed and I would call frequently and in the US visit the visa office only to be given the same response "A visa number is not available" we bought a home in Tampa thinking that as a Canadian I could move there and start to work and enjoy life together, boy was I surprise, no such thing I ended up going back to Canada and back to my Job as a Financial Comptroller lucky then to get my job back

That process and the experiences gained over the years have helped to keep us relaxed during this process knowing that we have done all we can let the process take care of it self.

So my advice to all who are experiencing anxieties of one kind or another is to hang in there, let the process take care of itself it will all work out in the end. Remember 80 percent of applicants are process by buffalo in 11 months 80% by Port Of Spain in 15 months I said before (HOPE FOR THE BEST PLAN FOR THE WORST) we don't control the process.

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
after re-sending the receipt for RPRF, and requesting that, given their loss of our receipt (paid upfront) and wrong address TWICE, leading to 2.5 months of delay, that they please expedite things- Buffalo responded today with this generic and useless reply:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

I have a likely job offer for early August that rides on this... :/

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
spiritrac said:
One other reason that I do not allow this process to trouble me too much is because I have been down this road before. When my wife sponsored me from Canada to the US in 1990 it took 2 1/2 years for the sponsorship to be completed and I would call frequently and in the US visit the visa office only to be given the same response "A visa number is not available" we bought a home in Tampa thinking that as a Canadian I could move there and start to work and enjoy life together, boy was I surprise, no such thing I ended up going back to Canada and back to my Job as a Financial Comptroller lucky then to get my job back

That process and the experiences gained over the years have helped to keep us relaxed during this process knowing that we have done all we can let the process take care of it self.

So my advice to all who are experiencing anxieties of one kind or another is to hang in there, let the process take care of itself it will all work out in the end. Remember 80 percent of applicants are process by buffalo in 11 months 80% by Port Of Spain in 15 months I said before (HOPE FOR THE BEST PLAN FOR THE WORST) we don't control the process.
Financial Comptroller....Nice!! That is a good position, I come from Accounting/Finance background as well.that too in 1990. Are you still working in Canada?

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Have my own business now 2 localities 1 in Barbados and 1 in Fort Lauderdale Florida hoping to open in Toronto once this process is completed. Lets say I live in 3 countries Barbados, USA and Canada for now

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
spiritrac said:
Have my own business now 2 localities 1 in Barbados and 1 in Fort Lauderdale Florida hoping to open in Toronto once this process is completed. Lets say I live in 3 countries Barbados, USA and Canada for now
3 countries....That is not bad at all :)

Jeff

Star Member
Aug 29, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
I think most of the frustration isn't necessarily the wait but more so the seemingly mishandling of everything. There is a clear issue starting late November into around late January I believe where things have been all messed up. From delays, to missing paperwork, and now that you see a good number of people being approved that applied MONTHS after you. Whether it's normal or not, the perception is that something has been screwed up during their systems switch. *shrug*

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
Jeff said:
I think most of the frustration isn't necessarily the wait but more so the seemingly mishandling of everything. There is a clear issue starting late November into around late January I believe where things have been all messed up. From delays, to missing paperwork, and now that you see a good number of people being approved that applied MONTHS after you. Whether it's normal or not, the perception is that something has been screwed up during their systems switch. *shrug*
I've been watching your guys' progress and I agree completely. ALL the December ones should be in process LONG before people who applied in March!! It really isn't fair at all. Obviously there are some complicated cases that may take longer than usual, but I don't think EVERYONE from December can be complicated!!! :eek: :eek: I completely understand your frustration with the whole process. I would be spitting mad too.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Jeff.. I hear you Just for the fun of it lets check some of the previous months forum's and see some of the things they were discussing I just looked at July and September 2010 and you know what, they were experiencing some of the same things and the same emotions especially when people who applied after them got thru before them I guess its a human emotion

how are things sent from CIC to the Visa Offices can it be that we are blaming the VO's for mishandling paper work when in fact it never left Mississauga? Yes its very frustrating when paper work is mishandled and generally its by clerical staff For the last 2 years my wife and I filed our income tax return in the USA and sent additional documents as instructed everything filed together both years IRS made the same mistake its coded as received but on further checking they could not find the actual document and it becomes frustrated for me but I learn to understand that anything is possible

Just trying to look at the brighter side its better for us

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
spiritrac said:
how are things sent from CIC to the Visa Offices
They use their own special diplomatic courier.