+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications Sent to London

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JamesM said:
Does anyone have the London address that we're to use to forward documents for our application.
The mailing address for the Canadian visa office in London is:

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siouxie said:
I received an e-mail from London CIC this morning requesting an updated police certificate, background info and additioanl family information form for my son - with 30 days to reply. They state that they must receive the information within 30 days in order for everything to be completed before his medical expires.

Woohoo!!!!

It looks like (providing everything goes well) that I could be landing in January and my son 4 weeks later...

Finally!!!!!

If my son lands in February it will be 5 years since the application went in....

I am bouncing off the walls this morning with happiness!
CONGRATULATIONS SIOUXIE!!!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Siouxie said:
I received an e-mail from London CIC this morning requesting an updated police certificate, background info and additioanl family information form for my son - with 30 days to reply. They state that they must receive the information within 30 days in order for everything to be completed before his medical expires.

Woohoo!!!!

It looks like (providing everything goes well) that I could be landing in January and my son 4 weeks later...

Finally!!!!!

If my son lands in February it will be 5 years since the application went in....

I am bouncing off the walls this morning with happiness!
Congrats! :)

ikaros

Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
AOR Received.
November 26th 2009
File Transfer...
December 14th 2009
Med's Request
Repeated as expired, March 2010
Med's Done....
March 17th 2010
Hi, I just got a called from the immigration office in bufale and they told me that since I havent been in canada for a year they have to send my application to London. Thats really bad as we are living here now and now that this can make the process longer. We started the whole process with an immigration lawyer but to be honest I dont think he's got a clue on what to do. Please help me I want to be able to work the house is driving me crazy, plus I feel so limited I dont drive and here everything is so far, not like england that you can just jump on a bus. could i get a temporary work permit?

Niles81

Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/08/2009
Doc's Request.
14/09/2009
File Transfer...
11/03/2009
Here's where i'm at Sponsoring my wife that is in England:

08/11/2009 - Application sent to CPC-M
08/17/2009 - Received at CPC-M
09/14/2009 - Returned your application with a letter on September 14, 2009 (said to do medical)
10/07/2009 - Received the application that I resubmitted
10/09/2009 - Decision Made, Letter Sent - I'm approved as a Sponsor!
11/03/2009 - In Process.....

nice to see things are working out for people!

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
It looks like London have finally got their act together :)

I looked on Ecas and it said "decision made" !!

I called CIC and they told me my file had been finalised and that I will be granted PR (with my son) and to wait for a letter from my local office for an appointment to land.

Tears, jubiliation, excitement, relief, emotional as hell

Finally........ I applied 16th February 2005 (inland) with my son as a dependant (outland) and when my son lands it will be 5 years!

Don't give up hope my friends... dreams do come true!

I have now received the official letter and am awaiting my appointment for landing

:D ;D

This post shows why it took almost 5 years: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finally-after-4-years-11-months-and-1-week-t32025.0.html;msg197321#msg197321

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
After sending a fax to my local office on Friday asking very politely if there was a possibility of getting my landing interview expedited, I received a phone call yesterday inviting me for my landing interview at 1.30!

Mrs K was awesome, conducted the interview with laughter, jokes and the minimum of fuss. I am now officially a Permanant Resident!

She told me she would contact London to issue my son's PR Visa - and this morning I received an email requesting his passport!

Our family will soon be reunited...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

<does happy dance>
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

beans

Jan 23, 2010
Hello SadGirl,

Nationality: Pakistani
Application received in Mississauga Office: April 17, 2009
Processing of application starts: 7th May 2009
Decision Made CIC-M: 12th May 2009
Application Processing starts CIC-London: 28th May 2009.
Email Receiving for interview Required: 10 July 2009 (Just to show the contiune contact with Spouse)
No signs of interview since 7 months untill now. On every time contact they replied next 2-3 months due to long queue of interview :p.

EC27

May 4, 2009
EC27 said:
I am sponsoring my husband who's of Hungary nationality.
We both have lived in the UK for almost 4 years since 2006. In 2009, we submitted the application of which his part was processed in the end of July. Since then the application status on CIC website is "In Process" for a very long time with no further update.
A few days ago I sent an email to the Immigration and got a reply today telling us about the long queue of applicants and a date for an interview is to be scheduled.

We were optimistic about the processing time, but having read some of the "waiting experiences" posted on the forum, we're feeling disappointed now. :mad:

By the way, being asked for an interview means that our application or proof of our marriage is not "strong" enough???

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depends EC27, there are lots of reason why they can ask for an interview, maybe you should ask for CAIPS note, before you go to interview, just to be more prepared...

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
No news yet, but i have not checked Ecas for about 10 days and i intend not to until next Monday...