Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
My application was sent on January 13th -- supposedly "overnight" Priority with Canada Post, to Missessauga from Nova Scotia. As of Friday evening, it was still "out for delivery" w/Canada Post, however. Meanwhile, also, the day after I mailed it my doctor (DMP) phoned to say that --- oooooooops -- they'd given me the wrong form to include with my application as proof of medical. Ugh. Arg. Ugh. So I think it's likely the entire application will be returned to me.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Do they automatically return the application to the sponsor or to whoever mailed it (the applicant)?

And bonacker I am so sorry. I can't believe the doctor called you the day after you mailed it. Talk about awful luck, right? Can't you just send the correct form now seperately? I'm not sure how that process works exactly, but I've heard of people sending in documents after mailing the initial package.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Hi Nyssa: Thank you!! I kind of tried to take a poll, to figure out if I should mail the correct form now. But since I don't even have an ID number yet or anything, I'm worried it would just get lost. So I'm going to try to phone Mississauga tomorrow. Ugh. (And to top things off, since the DMP had already used my good "passport size" photos on the WRONG documents they gave me, they didn't have any photos left to staple to the correct document -- so they sent me the "correct" document with b/w color xerox of the pix on it. great, right? I'm sure the immigration services will love a bad black-and-white xerox, huh? LOL.) GOOD LUCK w/your process.

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
wow.. bad luck!! im sorry..

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know its kind of early, but has anybody seen any status updates on ECAS, especially for those whose application was sent in early January?

C

cowtown gal

Ours was received 8 Jan, no ECAS update yet but the others here said it usually takes a few weeks. Trying our best to be patient...

:)

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
I phoned to ask how quickly I might be able to see the progress of it in the online immigration website thing-y, and was told it would take at least 30 days. dunno...

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
right now they just reviewed until dec 23 and is taking 37... i sent mine on dec 18 and it was reviewed on jan 11 so you need to wait... the only thing that you will know about your application is the information from the mail and the track ID....

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are sending ours on Friday, I can't wait! Sooo nervous though!!! I am a Canadian living in the UK with my British husband! I have lived over here for 2 years, we have been together for 4 years and married for 7 months. No children yet, so should hopefully be straightforward! I am also a registered nurse in Canada, so my wages won't be a problem, and no criminal convictions, husband has a degree and job offer already!!! Fingers crossed!!!! x

C

cowtown gal

FStone said:
We are sending ours on Friday, I can't wait! Sooo nervous though!!! I am a Canadian living in the UK with my British husband! I have lived over here for 2 years, we have been together for 4 years and married for 7 months. No children yet, so should hopefully be straightforward! I am also a registered nurse in Canada, so my wages won't be a problem, and no criminal convictions, husband has a degree and job offer already!!! Fingers crossed!!!! x
Hi there! I'm in a similar situation to you - I'm Canadian living in the UK with my British husband (I've been living here for over 5.5 years, we've been together just over 5 and married just over 2) and we're wanting to move back to Canada, so hopefully a straightforward case, too. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for both of us!!! Good luck sending it all in - if it helps, we sent ours Airsure on the first Monday in January (4th) and it arrived on the Friday (8th - even with the weather).
All the best!

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi cowtown_gal! Nice to meet you! Where are you two living? We are in Gloucestershire!

cowtown = calgary?

We are planning on going to DHL to send it off, am afraid at how much its going to cost, it is quite a lot of paper/evidence!

Actually, maybe you can help me with a question I have! On form IMM1344A, section E the 'Eligibility assessment', what did you fill out for question 3. Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

I filled out no, but am second guessing myself. As we are both abroad, I am assuming that 'no' is what we put? I keep second guessing myself on so much of these forms now that we are sending it off! SOoooooo annoying!

C

cowtown gal

FStone said:
Hi cowtown_gal! Nice to meet you! Where are you two living? We are in Gloucestershire!

cowtown = calgary?

We are planning on going to DHL to send it off, am afraid at how much its going to cost, it is quite a lot of paper/evidence!

Actually, maybe you can help me with a question I have! On form IMM1344A, section E the 'Eligibility assessment', what did you fill out for question 3. Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

I filled out no, but am second guessing myself. As we are both abroad, I am assuming that 'no' is what we put? I keep second guessing myself on so much of these forms now that we are sending it off! SOoooooo annoying!
Hi! Nice to meet you too! We are in Manchester and yes, I am from Calgary!! :D

I don't know if this will help, actually, because for that question on the form, I put 'yes'. I think spouse applications all come under family class anyway - even if you are both living abroad. I did put 'no' for the next question about living only in Canada and have tried to show evidence that I am living in the UK legally right now (including photocopy of British passport). I know the forms are supposed to be straight-forward but I find the wording of the questions can make them very tricky, and I tend to second-guess myself as well.

I'm pretty sure that if you put 'no' to question 3 they will say you're not eligible to sponsor. The writing at the start of the questions also says that if you answer 'no' to questions 1-4 you cannot sponsor (except question 4, of course! - sooooo complicated!)

Has this helped at all or just made matters worse for you?? Hope it was of some help at least! We had a few questions about the forms and managed to get my mom and dad to speak to an immigration lawyer in Canada about the answers for us, so fire away if you have any more questions, and if they were the same as ours, I might have an answer?

Talk to you soon! Good luck sending it all away!!

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey cowtown - we are in Cheltenham, and we are moving to Calgary when the PR is granted!!!
I am originally from Windsor, Ontario!

That has cleared it up for me - I knew I put 'yes' for a reason, and as you say, if you put 'no' you will be ineligible to sponsor so thanks for clearing that up! One less post-it note to take care of tomorrow!

I think that's pretty much it, thanks for your help on that! You are a star! x

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
mrsmissingmr said:
*bump* Anyone else sending this month?
....didn't want this thread to get buried too quickly.
Hi,

My husband is a PR holder and living in Ontario and he is sponsoring me, we sent our outland application in 19 January 2010 which is received at Mississauga 20 January 2010 by canadapost and I wish good luck to all my January 2010 fellows and Have faith on the blessings of Allah and hope for the best ;-)

Applications Sent: 19 Jan 2010
Received: 20 Jan 2010

regards,

Kha

C

cowtown gal

FStone said:
Hey cowtown - we are in Cheltenham, and we are moving to Calgary when the PR is granted!!!
I am originally from Windsor, Ontario!

That has cleared it up for me - I knew I put 'yes' for a reason, and as you say, if you put 'no' you will be ineligible to sponsor so thanks for clearing that up! One less post-it note to take care of tomorrow!

I think that's pretty much it, thanks for your help on that! You are a star! x
Happy to help!! Let us know when you get it all sent off okay. That's great you're moving to Calgary - I miss it so much, it's a great place to live (my personal opinion anyway!! haha!).

Are you nursing over here, too then? I'm doing a PhD in nursing in Manchester at the moment (but not a nurse by background). Anyway - best of luck with your application, look forward to hearing how you get on!

Talk soon!