Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Ours has been received by CIC Mississauga. Here we go!

nez

Apr 14, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-04-12
File Transfer...
2010-05-17
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
2010-07-23
VISA ISSUED...
2010-08-02
My application to sponsor my wife arrived at the Mississauga office on April 12, 2010 (according to Canada post). Now the waiting game begins. We sent all the required documents along with pictures, passport stamps and flight information for the 5 times I've been to Brazil in the last year. Also the same for when she came to Canada in December 2009 and our wedding in March 2010 so hopefully there will be no issues with verification of our relationship.

Process times: I read somewhere on CIC that it can take up to 54 days to process the sponsorship application, but I also read another person getting approved in 30 days.

CIC office: Mississauga, ON
CIC International office: São Paulo, Brazil.

Good luck everyone!!

Nez.

rvymarta

Mar 5, 2010
Application sent April 14, 2010 to Mississauga via fedex. Delivered CPC April 15, 2010. The waiting begins, hopefully not too long :) Good luck to all of us!

Martin1

Apr 17, 2010
Bancroft, Ontario
Visa Office......
Manilla
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
Doc's Request.
26-10-2016
Med's Request
Re med 02-05-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Hi all. I just sent my application in yesterday afternoon (April 16). I sent it by way of Canada Post Express Post. I sent it to the PO Box 3000 (CPC-M), and I sent it so a signature will be required. Is this going to be a problem?

Martin

nez

Apr 14, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-04-12
File Transfer...
2010-05-17
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
2010-07-23
VISA ISSUED...
2010-08-02
Martin1 said:
Hi all. I just sent my application in yesterday afternoon (April 16). I sent it by way of Canada Post Express Post. I sent it to the PO Box 3000 (CPC-M), and I sent it so a signature will be required. Is this going to be a problem?

Martin
Martin I sent mine the same way. They did sign for it. Shouldn't be a problem.

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
ChristyandRob said:
Grrrr I just have to vent a little

I had to get police clearances from 5 countries (Australia, UK, Ukraine, Germany and Ireland). Two had to be sent direct by the police organisations concerned (Australia, UK).

The UK one was sent a few days before our application pack arrived in Mississauga, so Mississauga returned it to the UK police. The UK police immediately sent it again but it just arrived back in the UK, with a note from Mississauga saying there is no record of me (they received our pack a week ago, according to online postal tracking, so either there was a cross-over or they haven't logged the application yet).

The UK said they'll send it a third time, but now I'm worried that Mississauga will reject the whole application because it's incomplete at present (and the Australian one should have arrived there this week, I hope that won't be returned too, because it was a pain to get in the first place). The guideline for Australian certs state that it must be sent direct from the police to Mississauga, and the UK said this is also what needs to be done for the UK cert. So I'm surprised that there isn't some sort of 'holding file' for such certificates in Mississauga (I'm assuming this isn't the first time this has happened to someone).

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Update: This is getting very frustrating! Two weeks after our file arrived in Mississauga (according to online post tracking), they sent back one of the police certificates to me (it had been sent separately, as had two others, directly by the relevant police authority). I'm pretty sure that the other two have also been sent back to the relevant authorities: "We are returning the enclosed correspondence as we are unable to match it with an active application at this time". :eek:

I'm sure they deal with a fair volume of correspondence on a daily basis, but I would have thought that a) if a certificate is sent to them, it's clearly because it's for some application and b) that there would be some sort of 'holding file' to keep these things in (at least for a decent period of time) before being returned.

It's very frustrating, especially as I needed 5 certificates in total (UK, Australia, Ukraine, Ireland and Germany). On the CIC website, it states that for various countries, police certificates are sent directly to CIC by the relevant authorities. Yet when they're sent, they return them!

We have a tight timeframe because we're due to leave Germany at the end of September and had already begun planning for a move to Canada. Now we think we'll probably have to find new short-term jobs in Germany (including getting work permits) as I can't see all this being resolved by October.

Or am I overreacting?

Martin1

Apr 17, 2010
Bancroft, Ontario
Visa Office......
Manilla
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
Doc's Request.
26-10-2016
Med's Request
Re med 02-05-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
nez said:
Martin I sent mine the same way. They did sign for it. Shouldn't be a problem.
My application was signed for on April 19, my one year wedding anniversary. So CIC-M now has my app.

freckles4256

Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone my app was recived at mississauga on the 14 of april. I no its not in process at the moment as ive been
trying to check on it. On the website it states that they only up to feb 11 apps and thats taking 67days. So i guess
im in for a long wait to find out if my hubbby can sponsor me. Then will be in for a long wait to find out if i get approved.
Its not a very nice feeling waiting and hoping that the paperworks all fine. But i wish everyone the best of luck with there apps
:)
from freckles

KenKin

Apr 26, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
My partner and I just submitted our application and it was received in Mississauga on April 22, 2010. We're hearing conflicting opinions on how long each part of the process will take. Our immigration consultant is saying my approval as a sponsor will take 3-4 months. But colleagues I know who have gone through the same say it doesn't take nearly as long. My spouse is an American living in Texas and we've applied Outside of Canada as a married couple. Can anyone shed some light??? And once I'm approved and the file goes to Buffalo, our consultant says 9-10 months, but again, have heard shorter.

We don't want to pin our hopes on erroneous information. Any positive firsthand experience would be great!

Also, in terms of the processing times on the Immigration Canada site for Mississauga, does the February 11th date mean they won't even begin processing applications received after that date until all of the ones before that date are processed? We're confused on the Feb. 11th cut-off and 67-day current processing time.

One last question: Our consultant has instructed us to hold off on doing the FBI check until he gives us the word, as he says the form expires after six months. We're planning on doing the FBI part ASAP regardless, after learning how long the FBI check takes, and hoping my approval to sponsor moves faster than 3-4 months. Has anyone else deliberately waited? Will they send back the entire package if it's missing the FBI forms?

Have to say, this is such an incredibly stressful and anxious time, but it's reassuring to be amongst others going through the same ordeal.

Our best wishes to everyone, and happy to be part of the "submitted in April 2010" crowd. Here's hoping it goes by smoothly and quickly - for all of us!

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
KenKin

I think your consultant was trying to be conservative which I think every consultant will do.

It takes about a month to get approval for sponsorship and then they transfer file to appropriate local visa office for further processing and that's where it take time.

Please take a look of link below to understand Buffalo time line.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#west

Also check trackitt.com

You can also register yourself to ecas tracker which will automatically email you when your file is activated on ecas.

Hope this helps

Good luck...

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
MISSISSAUGA RECEIVED MY PACKAGE 6TH/ APRIL... AND THEIR ONLY PROCESSING FEB 11TH...... UGH..

I JUST WANT MY FIRST APPROVAL AND MY MIND WILL BE AT EASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :'(

freckles4256

Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey there everyone has anyone got any news yet? ive still got nothing the waiting is horrible.
Im off to calgary on wed 5th so i hope i here something in the next few weeks.

wishing everyone the best of luck

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nj123 said:
Hi all,

After a bit of drama i.e. send the package via DHL, arrived home and saw the photo's lying on the table, rushed back and sorted this out...
So finally, it's on it's way to Mississauga. Now the wait begins

whoa man good luck and you are very lucky they allowed you to reopen package and the package had not left the DHL store.

i had a friend of mine same issue. he could not find the package at canada postal office. they did not allow him to touch the package because it was canada post property after it leaves the customers hands. so what he ended up doing was prepared a new package only with the stuff missing and send again.