+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
neelkanth said:
Thanks for your prompt reply fprince :) Should we expect an interview after the passport has been submitted or a direct decision made update because it has been over a month since her passport has been received bby New Delhi?
Just to let you know how my case went... We got PPR, then we got extradocuments requested related to our case and then we were called for an interview. At the interview it went well, we were notified about the decision and received the visa less than 2 weeks later.

However,

I have to caution, it is a common misconception that an IP "Immigration Officer" always makes their decision at the interview. Depending on the case or discretion of the officer, they can delay their decision to investigate further. There are at least 2 couples that I am aware of that have contacted me privately that a month later following interview, the decision is still pending. In short, an officer is not obligated (if doubts still exist following an interview) to render their decision on the spot.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Tamilian said:
AS PER CANADA GOVERNMENT RULES REGARDING PR APPLICATION STAGES

If all of the sponsorship requirements are met, we will

* process your spouse's or common‑law partner's application
* send your spouse or common‑law partner a letter stating whether he or she has been approved or whether more information is required
* conduct medical, security and background checks
* contact your spouse or common‑law partner for a permanent residence interview, at which time the final decision on permanent resident status will be made.

So buddy there to 50 to 50% chances of interview or it can be waived off too. Any ways if CHC has to conduct interview you will be intimated around 15-30 days advance, so keep on checking.

Wish u all the best in this waiting game.
Most of he mentioned above happens for Inland and not Outland.
And NO They do not always let u know 15-30 days in advance, i have seen cases on this forum with
less than 10 day notice from ND.

Gathering info from a website will not match the user experience on this forum.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
What is important to remember, is these are guidelines, not hardened rules. Under the best situation, everything should proceed this way. However, there is flexibility and discretion with the officers. So although ND has a commitment to 6 months of processing and and within this 6 months, they try to do an initial assesment within the first month of arrival and call for interviews within the 1 to 2 months of the file arrival. What is forgotten is that this timeline is for only 80% of their cases. That also means that cases are done before the 6 months and some take longer. Staying positive and strong is so important while waiting. It gets stressful especially when you feel you are in a holding pattern. But there is lots of support here, people who have been through the process (ones who were quite simple and then the horror stories). But all of these member can offer sound advice and support. Keep smiling!!!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
To add to Nylalisa's point again, i have also come across cases in this very forum where the interview happened 2-3 months ago and decision was still not made.
From this thread most interviews had these scenarios..2nd marriage, short time frame marriage, marriage happened in first visit etc...no one usually reveals a big age gap on this forum so not sure if this happened.
Yet all questions were related to their relationship and most of them had a seamless interview experience and were told that they were approved.

But they might randomly pick you for an interview even if your case is super simple...
all i am saying is...with ND always be prepared, don let your positive thoughts do things like..i will ask my wife to quit the job, i will buy airtickets etc...
hard to believe but i have seen people do this...
Unless your file is close to 3-4 months i do not even see why ppl worry seeing other lucky ones getting it sooner...it is just pure 100% ND Luck when it comes to processing..there is no FIFO.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
May I please know what additonal docs were asked and the day when file reached ND, after how many months the interview was conducted. If possible please also let me know after how many days of additional docs submission, the interview was conducted.?
thx in advance

nylalisa said:
Just to let you know how my case went... We got PPR, then we got extradocuments requested related to our case and then we were called for an interview. At the interview it went well, we were notified about the decision and received the visa less than 2 weeks later.

However,

I have to caution, it is a common misconception that an IP "Immigration Officer" always makes their decision at the interview. Depending on the case or discretion of the officer, they can delay their decision to investigate further. There are at least 2 couples that I am aware of that have contacted me privately that a month later following interview, the decision is still pending. In short, an officer is not obligated (if doubts still exist following an interview) to render their decision on the spot.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
thecoolguysam said:
May I please know what additonal docs were asked and the day when file reached ND, after how many months the interview was conducted. If possible please also let me know after how many days of additional docs submission, the interview was conducted.?
thx in advance
Hey,

Check my timeline, everythings there. I made sure to put accurate dates of when letters were dated and things were mailed. The docs in my case were related to a first marriage that took place. It was simple.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Alright. Thx a lot for the great info!
it means that when app was filed it took around 4 months for the interview
when additional docs were requested, after 2 months the interview was conducted.

nylalisa said:
Hey,

Check my timeline, everythings there. I made sure to put accurate dates of when letters were dated and things were mailed. The docs in my case were related to a first marriage that took place. It was simple.

nddec

Jun 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
File Transfer...
7-1-2011
Med's Done....
25-11-2010
Passport Req..
27-1-2011(Sent it in March. ND recd it on 10th March
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2011
I'm very happy to report that my status changed to decision made yest.. And i recd my passport as well the same day!
Would like to thank everone on this thread for your valuable inputs, and All the best to everyone!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
congratulations!!

nddec said:
I'm very happy to report that my status changed to decision made yest.. And i recd my passport as well the same day!
Would like to thank everone on this thread for your valuable inputs, and All the best to everyone!

Tamilian

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 MAR 2011
Doc's Request.
11 JUL 2011
AOR Received.
30 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
08 JUNE 2011
Med's Done....
14-FEB-2011
Interview........
WAIVED OFF
Passport Req..
21 JUN 2011
VISA ISSUED...
04 AUG 2011
LANDED..........
04 SEP 2011 - Flight# 9W 230
fprince said:
Most of he mentioned above happens for Inland and not Outland.
And NO They do not always let u know 15-30 days in advance, i have seen cases on this forum with
less than 10 day notice from ND.

Gathering info from a website will not match the user experience on this forum.
Hello fprince !

I dis-agree that gathering info from a website will not match the user experience on this forum. Its funny to hear from you buddy.

Canadians follow the rules and regulations as per the laid down procedures and more over the 15% Asians who are working in CHC are breaking them as you said you have seen some cases on the forum getting notice less than ten days.

At the same time I have seen lot of people in different and different forums getting there notice approx with 30 days in advance or intimating by phone call too in emergency cases.

I suggest you when ever you comment kindly elaborate with the rules in force and if your exposure with the rules and not with the individual experience coz every case is not unique buddy.

So that who ever new to this forum will get a clear picture and idea.

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
6-6-2011 Passport rcvd at ND- 12-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
Congrats dear.. Wish u a bright future in Canada...

I remember there was some sort of goof up on ND's part regarding ur meds.. I wanted to ask, hw did u cm to knw abt it and once known, wat approach did u take??? I also gt my meds done in Canada and I suspect ND is upto some nonsense again!!!

nddec said:

Tamilian

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 MAR 2011
Doc's Request.
11 JUL 2011
AOR Received.
30 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
08 JUNE 2011
Med's Done....
14-FEB-2011
Interview........
WAIVED OFF
Passport Req..
21 JUN 2011
VISA ISSUED...
04 AUG 2011
LANDED..........
Government of Canada ramps up citizenship revocations to tackle fraud

The Government of Canada is beginning the process to revoke the citizenship of up to 1,800 citizens who have obtained it fraudulently. Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced new details of the ongoing initiative today.

“Canadian citizenship is not for sale,” said Minister Kenney. “There are some around the world who would abuse Canada's openness and seek to devalue Canadian citizenship. We will apply the full force of Canadian law to punish those who have obtained citizenship fraudulently.”

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is increasing the number of revocations it pursues as a result of its ongoing investigations into residence fraud in Canada. To date, approximately 1,800 citizens may have obtained citizenship fraudulently, many by using the services of crooked consultants to misrepresent their residence in Canada.

“Canada welcomed 143,535 new citizens in 2010. Obviously, the vast majority of these new Canadians obtained their citizenship honestly. We are defending the interests of these law-abiding new citizens by taking action against the small number of those who seek to cheapen the value of Canadian citizenship by acquiring it illicitly,” the Minister added.

CIC has increased the resources dedicated to combating residence fraud in the past year. Many of the people under investigation are suspected of using consultants to falsely establish evidence of residence in Canada while continuing to live abroad most, or all, of the time. A family of five may pay upwards of $25,000 over four or more years to create the illusion of residence in Canada. Citizenship fraud is a global problem. To date, individuals from over 60 different countries have been implicated in this fraud.

The Government of Canada is taking action to crack down on the actions of crooked consultants during the immigration process. Bill C-35, originally introduced as the Cracking Down on Crooked Consultants Act, came into force on June 30, 2011. The Act imposes penalties on unauthorized representatives who provide, or offer to provide, advice or representation for a fee at any stage of an immigration application or proceeding.

Tamilian

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 MAR 2011
Doc's Request.
11 JUL 2011
AOR Received.
30 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
08 JUNE 2011
Med's Done....
14-FEB-2011
Interview........
WAIVED OFF
Passport Req..
21 JUN 2011
VISA ISSUED...
04 AUG 2011
LANDED..........
nddec said:
Hello nddec.

I'm really glad to hear that. Wishing you a lot of happiness & success for a new chapter of life in Canada.

Gods blessings up on you and your family members.

Time to celebrate :) Cheers !

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
@DNT, where the hell are you..its a long weekend here and you are enjoying in India..
8)
Whats up buddy..............hope she gets the Visa soon.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Tamilian said:
Hello fprince !

I dis-agree that gathering info from a website will not match the user experience on this forum. Its funny to hear from you buddy.

Canadians follow the rules and regulations as per the laid down procedures and more over the 15% Asians who are working in CHC are breaking them as you said you have seen some cases on the forum getting notice less than ten days.

At the same time I have seen lot of people in different and different forums getting there notice approx with 30 days in advance or intimating by phone call too in emergency cases.

I suggest you when ever you comment kindly elaborate with the rules in force and if your exposure with the rules and not with the individual experience coz every case is not unique buddy.

So that who ever new to this forum will get a clear picture and idea.
Time will tell, won't it buddy :)

1. lets stop debating abt if candians follow procedures or not...you do not live here hence you have no clue, and forget what you read on the internet/news abt what the western world is all abt and how perfect it is..once you come here, you will know it is not.
2. 15% asians break procudure? hahaha...says who? CIC? so why hire asians?
ohh wait i work Downtown in Toronto and i don think asians fall under visible minority in Toronto, do the papers/internet tell you this?..

All i am saying is if you want to assume cic.gc.ca as your bible what is the point of this forum?
Doesnt the rules tell you to wait for a min of 6 months before the issue a visa? so why be here? .....
right...to talk abt the screwups which happen, that is why we are here...we all read abt screwups and hope it does not happen to us..point blank.

When you find time, read the last 700 pages on this forum..then will be in a position to comment if a senior member is talking BS/or why they are cautioning you to be prepared.

we are here to help new members..but if all you want to hear from me if GOOD POSITIVE NEWS, sorry i talk my mind.

No Offence but senior members on this forum really do know the happiness of helping new members..and that is not by sweet talking what cic says, it is knowledge gained from user experience.

Again, time will tell...all the best.