+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
good luck mate u will easily do it
brin said:
Interview tomorrow....!!!! (Actually tonight!!!! )

God...can't count the knots in my stomach right now!!! :(

waiting4it

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
Thanks a lot guys. I got the COPR. I also got a letter telling me about the procedures and stuff to do after I land although they have not put any file number on that. Is it necessary to put the file number on that letter? File number column on that has been left empty. So basically I only need my passport with visa and COPR only after landing. Is that right? Also there are these three weird lists on the top of my COPR named - "ENFORCEMENT DOCUMENTS", "CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE" and "OTHER DOCUMENTS". Can anyone please explain me what are these? I am just nervous and don't want to miss out on anything!! Any ideas about flights?

waiting4it

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
There are also two columns "NAME FLAG:" and "FAMILY STATUS:" on my COPR that have been left empty. I wonder what they are? Sorry for being a stickler but its just that I don't want to miss out on anything.

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
nddec said:
Hi,
I have been going through this forum for some time now, and finally decided to post my timelines.
Would appreciate an insight into my case.

Applied for Permanent Residency on: 1 Dec 2010
Sponsorship approval letter recd. on: Jan 6th 2011
Case transferred to New Delhi.
Received letter asking to submit my passport, police clearance, and to pay the landin fee: 27 jan 2011
Passport sent on 8th March 2011. (As I was in Canada on a visit visa till end of Feb. 2011)
Passport received by ND on 10th March 2011.

E cas status shows: In process (Application recd on Jan 17th 2011, started processing on Feb 17 2011.)
Its been more than 3 months since I submitted my passport, and more than 6 months since we applied in Missisauga.

We have a representative in Toronto, and he has emailed them asking for an update, but hasn't got a reply so far.

Could anyone tell me if its normal for them to keep my passport for so long?? they have not asked me for any additional docs or anything. We did get a call from them on March 7th 2011, saying that my papers are ready and I've not yet submitted my passport. My passport was sent the very next day.

Any suggestions??

it's kind of long time now...as per ur timeline since u sent the pp to delhi....i would say that u should order CAIPS notes or contact ur representative in toronto and ask him/her to send a CSE to chc nd...

if you have travel background then this might delay a bit simply because of the background check...

hope this helps...

keep us posted and good luck....

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
cdngrl said:
hubby arrived safely on friday... immigration was a breeze... he was asked to sign the COPR and they asked him a few simple questions like date of wedding, who all attended.. etc. It was a easy process he was out in 10 mins.

dnt.. just one more day :)

keep us updated!

congrats.... glad to hear everything went smooth :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
My wifey got one original of COPR and that is it. @ Pearson she was given a duplicate after she signed the original.
Some members get carbon copies, not to worry.

@ fprince....

i agree....my cousin sister also got one original copy of COPR along with her stamped PP and the pics that she sent them...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
Since i was off for a week from here ...here is an update of what was done after landing.

SIN - PP/COPR - 10 minutes done, will be only issued to the name on COPR...Later you can show your marriage certificate and change the last name if you want or you can do it during the first time application

Health Card - ON, was told very strictly that they will ONLY accept address proof which is Bank monthly statment or CC statement so have to wait for 2 more weeks, regardless coverage only starts on day 91 after landing...and thanks to Canada Post SIN/PR Card will be delayed and ETA is 4-5 weeks after the strike ends is what i was told.

Licence - TBD

Bank A/C/ CC - Done, just need PP/COPR...got her in TD and since i know a guy there he got her a CC with a 1000$ limit, if you really do not know anyone they will only issue you a secured CC...always try to push them and they will get you one.. @ RBC banking is free for one year and CC will be issued without a credit history

and...she made me waste so much $ to beautify the kitchen..............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
women and kitchen !
??? ??? ???

thanks for sharing :)

nddec

Jun 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
File Transfer...
7-1-2011
Med's Done....
25-11-2010
Passport Req..
27-1-2011(Sent it in March. ND recd it on 10th March
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2011
gagansingh said:
it's kind of long time now...as per ur timeline since u sent the pp to delhi....i would say that u should order CAIPS notes or contact ur representative in toronto and ask him/her to send a CSE to chc nd...

if you have travel background then this might delay a bit simply because of the background check...

hope this helps...

keep us posted and good luck....
i will follow up more with my lawyer. Not sure about CAIPs, dont they take 6 weeks to reach us, im hoping to my visa beofre that. Do u think if my husband would get in touch with his local MP in canada, would it help or worsen the case?
Also i havent travelled much, but was in toronto for 5months early ths yr. Would that affect the case in any way?
Thank u!!

nddec

Jun 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
File Transfer...
7-1-2011
Med's Done....
25-11-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2011
fprince said:
Hi, Yes it is normal.
There are members here who have submitted PP 4-5 months before and are still waiting and none of their CSE has been answered.
Be cool, it will happen soon..i still believe they are caught up with the student visa applications, once done we will see batch updates on this thread.
So to answer your question, nothing is required from your end..just hang in tight and don't send them too many communications.
Thank u!!!

nddec

Jun 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
File Transfer...
7-1-2011
Med's Done....
25-11-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2011
manisha10 said:
we cant really predict what ND is upto.. did u let ND knw beforehand that there would be a delay in mailing the pp??? my PPR letter also does nt mention any send in date.. just wait for your lawyer to get some response.. dont bombard ND with emails.. u ll be fine.. :) if you luk at many other member's timelines, u wld see that ND does keep the passport for a long time in many cases...
Thank u!!!
Such forums really help!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Guys check this out about background check and for police clearance:

http://www.immigration1services.com/engweb/questions5.htm

Complete guide:
http://www.immigration1services.com/engweb/efaq.htm

@nddec this info is specially for you. I hope if this helps!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
waiting4it said:
There are also two columns "NAME FLAG:" and "FAMILY STATUS:" on my COPR that have been left empty. I wonder what they are? Sorry for being a stickler but its just that I don't want to miss out on anything.
My wifey flags are empty as well, you are all set ALL you need is a paper saying COPR, don worry about contents.
Just make sure name, dob, place of birth and PP number is correct as this is the only document which plays a key role when you apply for citizenship after 3 years.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
nddec said:
i will follow up more with my lawyer. Not sure about CAIPs, dont they take 6 weeks to reach us, im hoping to my visa beofre that. Do u think if my husband would get in touch with his local MP in canada, would it help or worsen the case?
Also i havent travelled much, but was in toronto for 5months early ths yr. Would that affect the case in any way?
Thank u!!
You don need CAIPS as usually they wont call you for an interview after these many months, Delhi does interviews within 2 months...so CAIPS won be of any help but will ONLY delay the processing at this point of time.

Yes a MP can help is he in Toronto? he would need to send them a email or meet them in person and they can send an email on your behalf which will get a solid reply.

5 months in TO...well that could be a reason for a extensive BC..but no idea, we can just speculate..but i think you are all set and will get the visa very soon as they did not ask you for any additional docs which means your case is straight forward and is just waiting a dumb officer's approval . :p

All the very best.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Just checked with local Immigration service provider. They said, some people get VISA even after In process and without decision made.
PPR request before In process or after PPR does not make any difference.

Embassy does not simply refuse the visa without interview, even if its security concern, they will call for security interview.
Thus for the people who have got decision made means that visa is only the way.... cheers!!
:D ;) :) 8) ::)