+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
rrv said:
Hi fprince,

Could u please tell me whether I can get my supporting documents attested by a Justice of Peace or they are supposed to be notarized by a notary public?

Thanks!
Hi,
You are not required to send any notarized copies to CHC ND ..a photocoy of all documents is more than enough, trust me...

The only orginals you need to send are PCC & Medicals. Do not send any other originals, photocopies are enough.
Send pics loose and phone bills, boarding pass, hotel receipts etc - you can send the original bills.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2011 (Letter Recd: 20 Apr 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
5 May 2011 (Passport Recd: 11 May 2011)
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
Hey guys...finally got through 150 pages of posts in the forum during the time I was away.

Wow - lot has happened - CONGRATS to all of you that have received the visa :)

A special mention goes to fprince - I'm soooooooooo glad for you dude :D

And welcome to all the new members that have joined the forum.

I returned to Canada on Jun 4 along with my wife 8) It is so good to be with her now after such a long wait. Thanks for all of your support in the long drawn process.

Oh and I also found out from the CAIPS/FOSS notes that super long delay in our PPR was not due to CHC ND, but due to IPS. Apparently, CHC ND had sent out our PPR within a week after they received our file in ND, but that PPR was never received by my wife. Go figure. It was only the subsequent PPR they sent after my CSEs that she received.

Also, the COPR she received was the 3 pages carbon copy type with the top one having her photo. When we landed, she had to sign it along with the immigration officer and they stapled the last copy of it to her passport.

When she had received her passport back from CHC ND, along with her COPR they sent her a welcome letter and returned back about two thrids of photographs we had sent to them. They kept everything else we had sent to them as part of the application.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
fprince said:
Good news for people who don drive and can't buy beer ( or have to carry your PP each time ) 8)

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/photo-card.shtml

Ontario is introducing a new photo card that will provide government-issued identification to more than 1.5 million Ontarians who do not drive. The Ontario photo card will make it easier for non-drivers to perform everyday transactions such as cashing a cheque or returning merchandise to a store. The voluntary card will be available this summer to individuals 16 years of age and over who do not hold a driver's licence.
I am surprised that this is being intorduced now in Ontario. Alberta has had this in existence for a long time, longer than the 13 years I have been in Canada. I would have thought Ontario would have had it as well :eek:

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
fprince said:
To apply for OHIP your hubby needs to take his PP and COPR to the office which is easy.

The issue is with the adress proof, which new immigrants wont have for at least 1 month unless you get a DL the next day.
You need to take a bank statement with address or the DL which will have the address ( the paper one until they send u the card which can take 4 weeks )

Regardless since you are in ON, the health care will only begin on day 91 after landing.
Hmm...does the 90 day wait period apply for new immigrants as well? In Alberta, you can apply for Alberta Health Care coverage anytime after you land and it is effective the day you landed as an immigrant.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
fprince said:
Need detailed help from applicants who changed the surname in India.

Can you please tell me what the procedure to get a Detailed affidavit - Surname change after marriage is?
I dont think we need to publish anything in the paper as it is not a legal name change..

whom do we go to ?
what do we need to bring?
What do they give us in the Detailed affidavit

Thanks in advance.
The name change on my wife's passport was done with just our marriage certificate and a notarized declaration on a stamp paper (with joint photograph) of the following declaration: http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXURED_woman.htm. We did not do any publication in newspaper or anything else.

Stuckguy

Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
May 18 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
fprince said:
Go there before 9 and get a ticket.
They will see you 11-12.
I went to the embassy yesterday, and they said that the website is not showing the correct information somehow, the decision has not yet been made, they do have my passports with them.
This makes me even more worried, a month since the interview and no decision yet :(
The guy at the counter was pretty rude and said why did i even come here i should've just emailed.

benjo

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2010
Doc's Request.
21/Jan/2011
AOR Received.
18/03/2011
File Transfer...
28/03/2011
Med's Done....
17/02/2011
Interview........
14/06/2011
Passport Req..
07/04/2011 - received on 13/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Guys,

My ecas status chaged to in process today with more details.

Application received on 28/03/2011
Medical recieved
We started processing on 14/06/2011
Interview scheduled on 14/06/2011

Ben

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Welcome back, I hope you've had a great flight with your lovely... I wish to experience the very day... hopefully very soon...

So how was the landing experience? What questions did they ask you at the airport? Were you able to stand right beside your wife while the IO was talking to her? More on this would be great :)

Thanks

DNT2003

avibis said:
Hey guys...finally got through 150 pages of posts in the forum during the time I was away.

I returned to Canada on Jun 4 along with my wife 8) It is so good to be with her now after such a long wait. Thanks for all of your support in the long drawn process.

Oh and I also found out from the CAIPS/FOSS notes that super long delay in our PPR was not due to CHC ND, but due to IPS. Apparently, CHC ND had sent out our PPR within a week after they received our file in ND, but that PPR was never received by my wife. Go figure. It was only the subsequent PPR they sent after my CSEs that she received.

Also, the COPR she received was the 3 pages carbon copy type with the top one having her photo. When we landed, she had to sign it along with the immigration officer and they stapled the last copy of it to her passport.

When she had received her passport back from CHC ND, along with her COPR they sent her a welcome letter and returned back about two thrids of photographs we had sent to them. They kept everything else we had sent to them as part of the application.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oh man I hear your pain, did you specifically mention to him that you were promised the visa? Also is it just one guy on the counter or there is more than one? You should have also mentioned the part about CSE you sent them.. and tell him you did not reply to my CSE, hence I came here.

What did he say to do now?

DNT2003

Stuckguy said:
I went to the embassy yesterday, and they said that the website is not showing the correct information somehow, the decision has not yet been made, they do have my passports with them.
This makes me even more worried, a month since the interview and no decision yet :(
The guy at the counter was pretty rude and said why did i even come here i should've just emailed.

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
avibis said:

@ DNT 2003 - you think perhaps the IPS is also the reason your wife hasn't received the PPR? Any response to the CSEs?

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I'm pretty sure this mean.. this weekend a DECISION MADE coming for you!!!

Congrats Ben...

DNT2003

benjo said:
Hi Guys,

My ecas status chaged to in process today with more details.

Application received on 28/03/2011
Medical recieved
We started processing on 14/06/2011
Interview scheduled on 14/06/2011

Ben

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
girl.. I was thinking the same, but I think they haven't even looked / opened my file yet, thats what my dil (heart) tells me... they haven't replied bak to both of the CSE yet, nor replied to the email.. and I think we'll wait until next Thursday / Friday then its gonna be the MP, as fprince mentioned you can tell MP about how they ignored your 2 CSE and EMAIL. (we both share the same MP)

DNT2003

cdngrl said:
@ DNT 2003 - you think perhaps the IPS is also the reason your wife hasn't received the PPR? Any response to the CSEs?

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It has been a while... I still remember this one day where I woke up and it was Saturday.. (it was a long-weekend) and people were posting here.. Decision after Decision.......... I couldn't eveb keep up with updating everyone at that time... so I paused until everyone has had posted.

Can it be this weekend? Or are they gonna wait until the long weekend.. make everyone happy on Canada Day?

ND the time has come............ reply to my email/cse..

DNT2003

fprince said:
Need more good news this Saturday !
Been a while since i saw batch updates...come on CHC ND

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
DNT2003 said:
girl.. I was thinking the same, but I think they haven't even looked / opened my file yet, thats what my dil (heart) tells me... they haven't replied bak to both of the CSE yet, nor replied to the email.. and I think we'll wait until next Thursday / Friday then its gonna be the MP, as fprince mentioned you can tell MP about how they ignored your 2 CSE and EMAIL. (we both share the same MP)

DNT2003
Why wait for next thurs/fri? Do it on Monday.. enough is enough! You deserve at the least a response.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If I can I'd do it right now, the only issue is I've sent them the LAST - CSE / E-MAIL on Friday night our time (aka Saturday morning in India) they take on average about 2 weeks to reply. I want to make sure they are given 2 weeks before I goto the MP and tell them about how they ignored CSE 2 times and Email 1 time...

DNT2003

cdngrl said:
Why wait for next thurs/fri? Do it on Monday.. enough is enough! You deserve at the least a response.