+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Stuck

Aug 17, 2010
DNT2003 said:
Thats great, how much was it and what date?

Enjoy the summmmmmer!!!!!

DNT2003
Thanks DNT2003.... It was $842 (One Way from Delhi to Toronto) for 19th of June...

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
hi there:

was there a specific reason that you were asked for an interview? if yes, please let me know the same.
They will NEVER tell you why they call you for an interview.

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
benjo said:
I got my Interview letter...

scheduled on 14/06/2011 at 10.30 am

Your sponsor must be available for a possible phone interview at the same time that ur interview is being held in new delhi.

If ur sponsor in india he/she should accompany u to the interview.

Not all sponsors will be contacted as it may not be necessary.

If sponsored by your husband/wife bring ur engagement and wedding photographs and wedding invitation cards, if available.

Also bring all evidence of communication with ur sponsor, eg. cards/letters, telephone bills. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable proof.

and some attachment of interpretation servces for languages and prices for those services.

Ben

@ benjo,

good luck for the interview.... :)

stay positive and everything will be ok :)

keep us posted.....

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
Thanks fprince. You have been a great help to me in this difficult time.

When we applied for visitor visa, I sent her an invitation letter mentioning the I know her. But I did not tell that we are going to get married. May be I should have.

But I think the reason for visa rejection was that - a) she does not have property in India in her name b) was only working for last 2 years. So no big assets in India, which can be intrepreted as she might not come back to India.

Cheers,

fprince said:
Not really but did they not give you a reason, cos usually they do in the rejection letter.

When you sent the VISA application out did they know that her Hubby was in Canada and that is why they rejected it?
If so, this is what they usually do and there is nothing wrong with this...and is very very common.
They want us to take the direct route which is Immigration than a visitor visa.

You are all good my friend :D

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
FebPR said:
@ Fprince

You are right. Thanks for the advice. A CSE at this point will unnecessarily delay the case and it might not achieve the intended purpose. So it's better to wait. I should not be very impatient as DNT2003 with same timelines still have not received PPR. I hope after May they will have more time to finalize our cases.

Cheers

@ febpr

i guess it is a good to wait little bit more as chc new delhi might be close to looking @ ur file....

all the best and good luck...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
asurania said:
actually i am wondering the same....any insight how the passport comes, and how long
I figured it takes 3 to 4 days from descion made...but not sure if it is 3 to 4 days from when ecas updates, or from when it was actually approved in Visa office

it all depends on the location of the applicant...sometimes....e-cas gets updated after the applicant receives the pp or sometimes it's vice versa...so there is no fix timeline as to when the pp is delivered to the applicant once the decision is made....

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Stuck said:
Thanks DNT2003.... It was $842 (One Way from Delhi to Toronto) for 19th of June...
I was checking June 21 as that was the plan but still did not receive the PP.
The price was INR 35873 from Chennai-Toronto...hopefully...we will see :D

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ fprince

what airline are u looking?
JET my friend...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
Stuck said:
Hi Folks,

Quick question for you guys, if possible....

My spouse is coming next month, so I need to book a ticket... Which Airline will be good from DELHI to TORONTO...? I am considering 2 options, Jet Airways or British Airways... So what's your suggestion for this?

A travel agent told me with both flights we can check-In 2 luggages of 23 kg. (each), but in British Airways we have the advantage of carry upto 23kg. in carry bagage :eek:.. as comapre to only 7 kg. in Jet Airways.... Is it true?

Also, in British Airways we need to change the plane but in Jet Airways we don't need to change the plane. Is changing plane in British Airways is an issue? I mean, does it take more efforts or its easy to change plane with British Airways...

Anyone by himself or their spouse has recently travelled through these Airlines (from Delhi to Toronto) :)..Your inputs will be really appreciated...

@ stuck

both airlines are good....i usually fly with BA but wih their new Terminal 5...it probably would be hard to come own their own...

Jet: i have heard good reviews about them....they r punctual, clean, organized, entertainment, cuisine etc....

i would consider Jet as because the person is coming from India and the commuication will be easy to follow...

good luck with the booking :)