+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
fprince said:
Not really but did they not give you a reason, cos usually they do in the rejection letter.

When you sent the VISA application out did they know that her Hubby was in Canada and that is why they rejected it?
If so, this is what they usually do and there is nothing wrong with this...and is very very common.
They want us to take the direct route which is Immigration than a visitor visa.

You are all good my friend :D
FebPR, this reply was for you...sorry looks confusing as sam is also talking about his issues with visa.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Fprince,

I can see that you have received the "pp" request already! That's good, congrats!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
mapledreams said:
Fprince,

I can see that you have received the "pp" request already! That's good, congrats!
Thank You. actually decision made on May 23 but still not trusting CHC ND until my wife gets the visa stamped.
You do know my luck with CHC ND :mad:

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Oh don't worry, you should be good.

I'm assuming she should get her passport back by tom (Friday) or Saturday!

Cheers!

Stuck

Aug 17, 2010
Hi Folks,

Quick question for you guys, if possible....

My spouse is coming next month, so I need to book a ticket... Which Airline will be good from DELHI to TORONTO...? I am considering 2 options, Jet Airways or British Airways... So what's your suggestion for this?

A travel agent told me with both flights we can check-In 2 luggages of 23 kg. (each), but in British Airways we have the advantage of carry upto 23kg. in carry bagage :eek:.. as comapre to only 7 kg. in Jet Airways.... Is it true?

Also, in British Airways we need to change the plane but in Jet Airways we don't need to change the plane. Is changing plane in British Airways is an issue? I mean, does it take more efforts or its easy to change plane with British Airways...

Anyone by himself or their spouse has recently travelled through these Airlines (from Delhi to Toronto) :)..Your inputs will be really appreciated...

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Stuck said:
Hi Folks,

Quick question for you guys, if possible....

My spouse is coming next month, so I need to book a ticket... Which Airline will be good from DELHI to TORONTO...? I am considering 2 options, Jet Airways or British Airways... So what's your suggestion for this?

A travel agent told me with both flights we can check-In 2 luggages of 23 kg. (each), but in British Airways we have the advantage of carry upto 23kg. in carry bagage :eek:.. as comapre to only 7 kg. in Jet Airways.... Is it true?

Also, in British Airways we need to change the plane but in Jet Airways we don't need to change the plane. Is changing plane in British Airways is an issue? I mean, does it take more efforts or its easy to change plane with British Airways...

Anyone by himself or their spouse has recently travelled through these Airlines (from Delhi to Toronto) :)..Your inputs will be really appreciated...
Hi Stuck
Both are great deals but brussels is a small airport compared to Heathrow and it is very easy. and it is Jet airways hub and very friendly ( more indianized i would say LOL during indian transfer flights)

1. False, in no airline are you alowed above 8-10 kg in carry on, these are international standards...
2. You will change flights in Jet..The Delhi flight will stop in brussels and the passengers will get off and a very easy security check, go to first floor and the same flight will be refueled and be waiting for borading in. The Del-Torono, chennai-NY and mumbai-newark stop over for 2 hour in Brussels. This is where passengers interchange the flight, even if you fly from Delhi - you need to get off, clear security and again board the same plane. I have done it....always take the chennai flight and change it in Brussels, very very easy and time flies.

If First time traveller both are good, i still prefer JET as its seamingless and 90% of the indian ppl in that plane will go to Toronto and hence you can have more chat buddies who can guide you to immigration etc...
But Jet should be at least 5-10k expensive than BA..but food, drinks and ambiance is top class...hurry as tickets are climbing each day.
Also depends on when you want her to land..Jet is 2 pm..think british is around 5-6 pm ( not sure )

P.S - moniter the iceland volacano impact as well.

All the very best ;D

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Hey Stuck,

I agree with Fprince, Jet is the best option.

And as he mentioned, it is an international rule that carry-on luggage is limited upto 7-8 kgs only. I don't know where you got the 23kg bit.

I always fly Jet and as mentioned earlier, it is an excellent airline (better than Air India) and Brussels is a very "passenger-friendly" airport as compared to Heathrow.

All the Best!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hey manisha10, sophiaman has any of u received ppr...........? good luck guys :)

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
girmi has ur husband sent his pp?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hi there:

was there a specific reason that you were asked for an interview? if yes, please let me know the same.

nylalisa said:
@ the Coolguy

It should normally change after the passport is received, however, you should realize quickly by reading past forum post that there is no standard practice with ND. For example, mine never changed to In Progress, it always stayed on application received until it went straight to Decision Made. I believe that FPrince's changed to In Progress even before they asked for his ppt. And some have had a normal progression from Application Received, then ppt is asked for then In Progress then Decision Made. However, like i said, this place does not follow any clearset guidelines, so don't rely totally on ECas... it's usually not updated on time, things disappear (medical lines, addresses etc). Just read through the forum and see what others have gone through, it will give you an idea of the varying practices that take place.

As for your other question, (which I hate to answer, you seem way to nervous), but... I know people who did not pass the pass the interview. It is has not been many on this forum but remember there are many people who don't come on this forum. One member said that on the say of his own interview there were people outside ND who had failed. It is always a possibility but the interviews are very standard and I suspect the people who failed weren't in a genuine marriage.

Stuck

Aug 17, 2010
fprince said:
Hi Stuck
Both are great deals but brussels is a small airport compared to Heathrow and it is very easy. and it is Jet airways hub and very friendly ( more indianized i would say LOL during indian transfer flights)

1. False, in no airline are you alowed above 8-10 kg in carry on, these are international standards...
2. You will change flights in Jet..The Delhi flight will stop in brussels and the passengers will get off and a very easy security check, go to first floor and the same flight will be refueled and be waiting for borading in. The Del-Torono, chennai-NY and mumbai-newark stop over for 2 hour in Brussels. This is where passengers interchange the flight, even if you fly from Delhi - you need to get off, clear security and again board the same plane. I have done it....always take the chennai flight and change it in Brussels, very very easy and time flies.

If First time traveller both are good, i still prefer JET as its seamingless and 90% of the indian ppl in that plane will go to Toronto and hence you can have more chat buddies who can guide you to immigration etc...
But Jet should be at least 5-10k expensive than BA..but food, drinks and ambiance is top class...hurry as tickets are climbing each day.
Also depends on when you want her to land..Jet is 2 pm..think british is around 5-6 pm ( not sure )

P.S - moniter the iceland volacano impact as well.

All the very best ;D
Thanks Guys... As per your inputs ticket confirmed with Jet Airways :)

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
6-6-2011 Passport rcvd at ND- 12-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
@ gwalyat: not yet.. did u receive it??

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Thats great, how much was it and what date?

Enjoy the summmmmmer!!!!!

DNT2003

Stuck said:
Thanks Guys... As per your inputs ticket confirmed with Jet Airways :)

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
i am also waiting for ppr we shud receive it in a day or two i think , can i ask u which part of india ru frm bcoz mail's deleviry depends upon our ditsance frm ND too...... :)
manisha10 said:
@ gwalyat: not yet.. did u receive it??

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-29-2010 (Lost) Resubmitted 16-02-2011
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
Hey Two Questions.

1. Anybody who had a descion made last weekend get there passport back with visa?
2. More Important what is the limit for my wife to bring back goods to canada. Any special rules for jewelry ?
I think i read the limit was $10 000, and jewelery can easily take most of that limit up