+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

sim85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Help needed

sourblush said:
Hey guys,
scary but true :S:-/
My husband got a letter for an interview on Dec 13 :-/
OMG. We had emailed them 2 days back and they haven't responded. The letter requests more photos, a lot of additional documents, and me to be on the phone with them while his interview is conducted.
I am really scared. It is in the middle of my exams at uni:( sigh.
Also, they requested a lot of documents along with his passport. The problem is that his passport is already with them :-/ :S What is he supposed to do? Should he email them again and ask them if it was received? They haven't responded even to the first email yet. I am so scared right now. They have asked him to bring MY home address and HOME LANDLINE phone number with him. The thing is that as our parents do not know about the marriage yet(since they were against it), i am in a dilemma. I will just finish my exam when they will start interviewing him. I cannot be at home..but I can talk on the phone for sure, and my parents are at home. I do not want to talk at home. I have given out my cellphone number on the application. Is that okay? How else are we supposed to prepare for the interview? What else would they ask us? I am reallly nervous. :( Please help.
Just make sure u and ur spouse have got the same answers..they want u to be on phone with them during the interview just to see if u guys have same responses....!!!
Gud Luck :):)

sonia2905

Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
Passport Req..
09-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2011 (it was issued on 11-01-2011 but took 10 days by post for PP to reach)
LANDED..........
30-01-2011 (counting the hours!!!)
congrats bharath!!! 3 months...that was really quick!
very happy for you guys :)

sasn

Oct 17, 2010
I am working on my file for outland spousal sponsorship and trying to get the record of phone calls i made.
I use calling cards.

Now the only way, I can send the details of numbers called is by, going to that website and printing the records by myself.
Does it work with CIC New Delhi or would they want something official from the long distance calling card provider ?

adihanda

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011 (FBI again requested)
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-02-2011 (Expected)
Waiting for In Process

Sanyrog: File transfer: Sep 27
Rbaweja1: File Transfer: Sep 30
Applied03: FILE transfer: Oct 4
Adihanda: File transfer: Oct 20
Sevenseconds: File Transfer: Oct 27
waitingforwife : File Transfer: Nov 9: waiting for CSQ, fee got blocked initially
ohohogirl : Application Filed: Nov 17-still waiting for Sponsorship

Waiting for PPR

Sonia2905: In process since 21 Sep- Waiting for PPR

Waiting for VISA

Sim85: PPR: Aug 25 -still waiting for VISA
vinjovi555 : PPR: Sep 19- still waiting for VISA
Akrk: PPR: Sep 24- still waiting for VISA
Sourblush: PPR : Oct 6-Interview on DEc 13- Still Waiting for VISA.
Guptash: PPR: Oct 12- still Waiting for VISA
Kal1313: PPR: Oct 30- still waiting for VISA

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
@sourblush

whatever you do DO NOT LIE about anything you have said if your parents were aganist the marriage that is fine just explain the reason , you both are legal to get married to whomever you guys want do not need the permission of your parents , they are well aware of parents being against intercaste and inter religious marriages , so do not worry if thts the only doubt they have , just try and have both your stories as close to each other as possible , you need to know everything about each place of work what kind of work where , how long, how long been in Canada, circumstances that bought you both together both of you should know wht all you filled up in your applications by heart hopefully both of you have copies of all the forms the questions are mostly going to arise from all that you have filled in your apps make sure you both answer exactly as filled in your applications and do not try to lie about anything and Good luck

sourblush

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
06-10-10
File Transfer...
15-09-2010
Interview........
13-12-10
Passport Req..
06-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-10
Thank you everyone for your support and wonderful replies. I am touched by how helpful you guys are. Thanks!

I will try to be calm and make him remain calm as well, and we will prepare well for the interview together..thanks for all the thoughtful advice you guys have given me.. thanks! Congratulations to everyone who has received their ppt stamped back:)

Patience07

Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
08.11.10 (Additional docs required of my parents)
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30.11.10 (Decision Made) (PP recieved on 03.12.10)
LANDED..........
Due to land on 10.12.10
Hi Everyone...

I have been following this thread for a long time now... Was just a little apprehensive to join... :)
Hope I can also share my views and join the thread... And I am not really sure about all the short forms that's been used...
Any error from my end please excuse...

My husband applied for my sponsorship in July 2010 on the 26th and the file got transferred in August to New Delhi on the 22nd... And from September 22 the online status says "In Process" under PR application status and under Sponsorship Application Status says "Decision Made"...
Can anyone explain the difference between the two please? They requested for my Passport on the 28th of Sep and they received it on the 8th of Oct... Again on the 28th of October they requested for additional information of my parents which we sent and they received on the the 11th of Nov.. Along with the original application we did sent my medicals and police clearance certificate...

Basically its been almost two months and I am waiting for my passport with visa back... Getting a little nervous though...
Just wanted to add the message on this forum had been a great moral support and congrats to all who have received their visa especially to Deepak who got his visa recently...

adihanda

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-02-2011 (Expected)
Waiting for In Process

Sanyrog: File transfer: Sep 27
Rbaweja1: File Transfer: Sep 30
Applied03: FILE transfer: Oct 4
Adihanda: File transfer: Oct 20
Sevenseconds: File Transfer: Oct 27
waitingforwife : File Transfer: Nov 9: waiting for CSQ, fee got blocked initially
ohohogirl : Application Filed: Nov 17-still waiting for Sponsorship

Waiting for PPR

Sonia2905: In process since 21 Sep- Waiting for PPR

Waiting for VISA

Sim85: PPR: Aug 25 -still waiting for VISA
vinjovi555 : PPR: Sep 19- still waiting for VISA
Akrk: PPR: Sep 24- still waiting for VISA
Patience07 : Sep 28 - still waiting for VISA
Sourblush: PPR : Oct 6-Interview on Dec 13- Still Waiting for VISA.
Guptash: PPR: Oct 12- still Waiting for VISA
Kal1313: PPR: Oct 30- still waiting for VISA

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Skilled worker immigrants faring well in Canada, new evaluation shows

Ottawa, November 25, 2010 — Immigrants selected by the federal government under the current skilled worker program are contributing to Canada's economy, a new evaluation has found.

The evaluation measured whether the current federal skilled worker program is selecting immigrants who are more likely to succeed economically in Canada. In 2009, federal skilled workers made up approximately 10 percent of Canada's annual immigration intake—25 percent when one includes spouses and dependent children.

According to the evaluation, the biggest predictors of an immigrant’s economic success are having a job already arranged in Canada when applying; the ability to speak English or French; and having worked in Canada before applying to immigrate. Having studied in Canada for at least two years and having a relative in Canada are less of a determinant of success.

“The evaluation showed that skilled immigrants are doing well in Canada and filling gaps in our work force,” said Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney. “This puts some dents in the doctors-driving-taxis stereotype.”

The findings revealed that the selection criteria, put in place when the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) became law, have been successful in improving the outcomes of skilled immigrants by placing more emphasis on arranged employment, language and education. Income for skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria was as much as 65 percent higher than for workers chosen under the pre-IRPA system. Skilled workers who already had a job offer when they applied for permanent residence fared best of all, earning on average $79,200 three years after arriving in Canada. The findings also revealed that skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria were less likely to rely on employment insurance or social assistance.

Among other recommendations, the evaluation suggested placing higher priority on younger workers, and increasing the integrity of the arranged employment part of the program, which is susceptible to fraud. The evaluation also recommended that further emphasis be placed on fluency in English or French, and supported the Minister’s June 2010 decision to require language testing for federal skilled worker applicants to combat fraud.

“We’re pleased the evaluation showed that the program is working as intended,” said Minister Kenney. “We’re committed to making it even better and will be consulting on improvements in the coming weeks.” The Department is planning to put forward for public consultation several proposals to improve the program, building on the achievements in the evaluation report.

sasn

Oct 17, 2010
sasn said:
I am working on my file for outland spousal sponsorship and trying to get the record of phone calls i made.
I use calling cards.

Now the only way, I can send the details of numbers called is by, going to that website and printing the records by myself.
Does it work with CIC New Delhi or would they want something official from the long distance calling card provider ?
Please I really need help here.

adihanda

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-02-2011 (Expected)
sasn,

YOU can attach them it should be fine

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Patience07 said:
Hi Everyone...

I have been following this thread for a long time now... Was just a little apprehensive to join... :)
Hope I can also share my views and join the thread... And I am not really sure about all the short forms that's been used...
Any error from my end please excuse...

My husband applied for my sponsorship in July 2010 on the 26th and the file got transferred in August to New Delhi on the 22nd... And from September 22 the online status says "In Process" under PR application status and under Sponsorship Application Status says "Decision Made"...
Can anyone explain the difference between the two please? They requested for my Passport on the 28th of Sep and they received it on the 8th of Oct... Again on the 28th of October they requested for additional information of my parents which we sent and they received on the the 11th of Nov.. Along with the original application we did sent my medicals and police clearance certificate...

Basically its been almost two months and I am waiting for my passport with visa back... Getting a little nervous though...
Just wanted to add the message on this forum had been a great moral support and congrats to all who have received their visa especially to Deepak who got his visa recently...
Hi decision made under sponsorship approval means cic mississauga has approved the application from canada they pretty much check to see if all the paperwork is complete and if the sponsor is legal to sponsor or not , in process under the permanent residence means the application has been transferred to New Delhi and is awaiting initial review , in process after getting the pp request means your application is awaiting a final review they check to see if they need more proof or if there is an interview required or not and finally this is what everyone waits for a decision made under permanent residence means your visa on on its way.

bhartha

Oct 6, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010
File Transfer...
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
@sasn,

This is what I did to establish that our communication was intact and current,

proof of continued communication
1: Email print outs (I had 3 sections, 1: before engagement 2: before wedding 3: after wedding)
2: One print out of my Reliance card I use to call India (That's it, no detail sheet)
3: Print outs of our non-intimate chatting (Gmail) print outs

Proof of marriage
1: Marriage certificate
2: Invitation cards (both her side, our personal, my side)
3: Pictures (Engagement photos, Sangeeth photos, pre-wedding rituals, wedding, reception, honeymoon) (close to 100 -120 pictures)
4: Our honey moon flight stubs
5: Her air ticket stubs from UK to India for Engagement, and wedding & my ticket stubs from Canada to India for engagement and wedding.
6: Wedding hall reservation receipts
7: Honeymoon reservation receipt

Giving more clarity to them is very good. For example, I remember myself sticking those sticky papers on the application to explain certain conditions (for example: we had put her current stay as her place, although we both are from Bangalore, in the sticky note, we said, due to logistics problems we choose to have x place as our residence), some things like this will go a long way.

Have it ordered in the way they have shown in the guideline and check list. Remember, the fee receipts and photos MUST be on the top.

Hope this helped, cheers,

Bharath

Patience07

Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
08.11.10 (Additional docs required of my parents)
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30.11.10 (Decision Made) (PP recieved on 03.12.10)
LANDED..........
Due to land on 10.12.10
@ kal1313 :)

Thank you...
They had sent a letter again on the 28th of October asking for a form with my parents name in the native language... The letter said if we don't reply with 30 days my application would be canceled... I did sent the form back and they received it on the 11th of November... Keeping my fingers crossed hope they wont ask for any more documents...

Waiting for a positive status online at least this week... :)

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Patience07 said:
@ kal1313 :)

Thank you...
They had sent a letter again on the 28th of October asking for a form with my parents name in the native language... The letter said if we don't reply with 30 days my application would be canceled... I did sent the form back and they received it on the 11th of November... Keeping my fingers crossed hope they wont ask for any more documents...

Waiting for a positive status online at least this week... :)
What I have heard is you usually do not lose your priority date even if they ask for additional documents so you can hope for the best pretty soon , congrats to all that have got the good news and good luck to all that are waiting for some good news I hope everyone gets together with their loved ones soon.