+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

sourblush

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
06-10-10
File Transfer...
15-09-2010
Interview........
13-12-10
Passport Req..
06-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-10
Guptash said:
Sorry for consecutive posts :D Doting CHC Fan eh!:D

But, I have noticed how applications that have been transferred to ND CHC by the end of Sept, haven't recieved their PPRs yet. SO many of them are waiting on PPRs which initially wasn't the case. I guess they have definitely changed the process since they cannot sit with someones passport for 3-4 months like they have been recently.

So all those who havent received PPRs, thank your stars, at least you can still meet up your spouse in another country if not Canada or India for New Years, friggin awesome eh!

Also, its the best when your passport is requested only when its ready for a Visa. PPR at the end of the process is a definite YES of Visa issuance.

You guys are looking good, and all of us are. Faith and Patience all.

Hope this helps.
I hope what you are saying is actually true. They haven't told us anything!

ohohogirl

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
NON
AOR Received.
15-DEC-2010
Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
finally i sended the document
i just sended the document to Missisauga. it had arrived Nov/18th by UPS.

I am little bit nervous.....

Rahul9997

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
05-08-2010
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010(Sent on 27-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010 (Got ON 4TH Oct)
Hey Guys,
Can anyone share the experiance after landing Canada about the PR Card application n the time it took...
Thanks
Regards

brownboi

Nov 18, 2010
hey guys,

I filed my application on Sep 29th and got approval letter on Nov 2nd. The date on the letter was Oct 29th. So, I am assuming the file must have reached to NEW Delhi in the first week of November. I am waiting for the status to be changed on ECAS.

How long does it take for them to send the PPR letter? Is it like once they change the status to In Process then it takes a month to receive the PPR letter? It's really confusing. They should at least consider sending the letter via speedpost so applicants could save at least a month in their total process.

Please help.

Thank you

akrk

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2010
File Transfer...
7th Sep 2010
Passport Req..
24th Sep 2010
I sent an email to CIC ND asking if they have received my spouse passport. In reply, they sent that they have sent me letter asking for some additional documents.

- Documents pertaining to sponsor
Proof of communication with sponsor
Copy of sponsor's passport
Proof of financial assistance
Photos of post-marriage outings

Also - They never acknowledged if they have received the passport or not. Pretty much what Guptash said couple of days back.

Issue is -
1. I use calling card to call my spouse. We dont use email or chat etc. How can I provide "Proof of communication"
2.Regarding Passport, I had only sent few relevant pages of passport.. Did you guys sent all the pages ?
3.Now the main point "Proof of financial assisstance" What do they really mean by this ? any idea?
4. Photos of post-marriage outings - We did not go for honeymoon because of time constrains. Hence no photos. I have already explained that in my application.

Can you guys share and help me here.. how to proceed.

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Hey akrk Here is what you need to send them

1.Even though they do not accept calling cards as proof there are ppl that have sent in callong cards as proof , you need her phone records showing calls made by you to her

2. Passport you need to send in your main pages of your passport plus the entry and exit stamps of India

3.Financial assistance is any money you have sent her after the marriage for eg they are looking for western union receipts showing that you are supporting your wife after the wedding , on the sponsorship questionnaire what did your wife fill in the question about financial assiatance after the wedding .

4.You need to send them photos of after the marriage does not matter of the honeymoon or not they want to see continuity in your relationship after the marriage they pretty much want to eradicate any indication of a false marriage, need to send them enough proof for them to be satisfied of a genuine relationship

If you do not have any of this just write them a letter explaining everything again and see where it goes

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
akrk said:
I sent an email to CIC ND asking if they have received my spouse passport. In reply, they sent that they have sent me letter asking for some additional documents.

- Documents pertaining to sponsor
Proof of communication with sponsor
Copy of sponsor's passport
Proof of financial assistance
Photos of post-marriage outings

Also - They never acknowledged if they have received the passport or not. Pretty much what Guptash said couple of days back.

Issue is -
1. I use calling card to call my spouse. We dont use email or chat etc. How can I provide "Proof of communication"
2.Regarding Passport, I had only sent few relevant pages of passport.. Did you guys sent all the pages ?
3.Now the main point "Proof of financial assisstance" What do they really mean by this ? any idea?
4. Photos of post-marriage outings - We did not go for honeymoon because of time constrains. Hence no photos. I have already explained that in my application.

Can you guys share and help me here.. how to proceed.
Hi Akrk,

I believe there is a way to get the actual phone records from the calling card company. I am not sure how to do it and how much it costs, but I have seen posts where people have got the records pulled from the phone company. If this is the only communication you have and cannot pull the records, it is going to be hard to show ongoing communications. Is there a reason why you don't use email or chat?

I have no idea what they mean my Financial assistance - maybe someone else can speak to this point. As far as I know, the financial requirements are not necessary for the family sponsorship category.

Even though you didn't go for a honeymoon, you can submit pictures from the time you spent together during your trip and time after the wedding. The officers are looking for proof of your relationship before and after the wedding.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

akrk

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2010
File Transfer...
7th Sep 2010
Passport Req..
24th Sep 2010
kal1313 said:
Hey akrk Here is what you need to send them

1.Even though they do not accept calling cards as proof there are ppl that have sent in callong cards as proof , you need her phone records showing calls made by you to her

2. Passport you need to send in your main pages of your passport plus the entry and exit stamps of India

3.Financial assistance is any money you have sent her after the marriage for eg they are looking for western union receipts showing that you are supporting your wife after the wedding , on the sponsorship questionnaire what did your wife fill in the question about financial assiatance after the wedding .

4.You need to send them photos of after the marriage does not matter of the honeymoon or not they want to see continuity in your relationship after the marriage they pretty much want to eradicate any indication of a false marriage, need to send them enough proof for them to be satisfied of a genuine relationship

If you do not have any of this just write them a letter explaining everything again and see where it goes
Thanks Kal1313.
1. Regarding phone records, My wife only gives me missed call.. and I call her back. Now since i use calling card, which is kind of use and throw, i am not sure how I can get the records. I even asked the customer service of calling card.. and they said, they cannot provide any details of what number was called.

2. I have already sent main pages of passport and all the entry / exit pages.. May be I should send alll pages (including blank page)

4. Regarding Financial assistance, On Sponsorship questionnair, My wife said "No" to this question
"Do you receive financial support from your sponsor"

She lives with my parents now and they take care of her. I do not send any money by any means.
Is that an issue?

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
Hi All,
got my pp with visa today...status still in process....thanks evrybody
Wahe guru g da khalsa teh wahe guru g de fateh[/b

applied03

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Passport Req..
08-12-2010 rec on 11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011 rec on 12-02-2011
congrats prixit.....................very happy for u.............

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
akrk said:
Thanks Kal1313.
1. Regarding phone records, My wife only gives me missed call.. and I call her back. Now since i use calling card, which is kind of use and throw, i am not sure how I can get the records. I even asked the customer service of calling card.. and they said, they cannot provide any details of what number was called.

2. I have already sent main pages of passport and all the entry / exit pages.. May be I should send alll pages (including blank page)

4. Regarding Financial assistance, On Sponsorship questionnair, My wife said "No" to this question
"Do you receive financial support from your sponsor"

She lives with my parents now and they take care of her. I do not send any money by any means.
Is that an issue?
Congrats Prixit. The wait game is OVER for you. Wahe Guru Da Khalsa, Wahe Guru di fateh indeed!

@ Akrk: My husband and I used a Long Distance service as well which was pretty much like Calling Cards. The company was able to pull out the details of the calls on our constant request. What you could possibly do is:

1. Ask your phone company, not the calling card company, to provide for the call logs when your called the certain calling card number which you have to first before you dial the acutal number. You know what I mean. Most calling cards have a LONG number which you have to dial first before dialing the actual number.
2. Incase you bought the calling cards online something like Reliance India Call or used your credit card to make the purchase, pull your bank details out, highlight those transactions and send it over to ND CHC, that will definitely have the details of online purchase that you bought the card for. Unless you bougth it over the counter.
2. Now, If you used cash then that might be an issue. In that case you have to ask the company to pull out the log of how you used your minutes. They definitely have to account for that. Also anyyy emails you wrote to her, or she did to you or phone records from her side. Wonder if missed calls are accounted for in billing in India. Check with her and the service provider she uses in India.

Everything else, I think I second Kal1313. However, i think financial assistance answer "No" is kinda tricky. May be what you could do is write in your letter that your parents are supporting your wife for now which is generally the case in India. Do you send any money to your parents? Any bank transfer? You need to show that you and your family are providing for her.

Akrk, apparently your file is being worked on, they say they havent opened mine yet. Did the letter say that your file was pending Initial Review? Also, did your spouse recieve the mail correspondence yet?

Thanks much and all the best. Keep the chin up. This is very small stuff and you can take care of these issues easily.

akrk

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2010
File Transfer...
7th Sep 2010
Passport Req..
24th Sep 2010
Guptash said:
Akrk, apparently your file is being worked on, they say they havent opened mine yet. Did the letter say that your file was pending Initial Review? Also, did your spouse recieve the mail correspondence yet?

Thanks much and all the best. Keep the chin up. This is very small stuff and you can take care of these issues easily.
The email did not say anything about initial or final review. I think, they wrote this email.. instead of using a template version. Typically in the template versions, they put initial review/final review. Just my understanding!!
Also - they never acknowledged about passport

akrk

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2010
File Transfer...
7th Sep 2010
Passport Req..
24th Sep 2010
Guptash said:
Everything else, I think I second Kal1313. However, i think financial assistance answer "No" is kinda tricky. May be what you could do is write in your letter that your parents are supporting your wife for now which is generally the case in India. Do you send any money to your parents? Any bank transfer? You need to show that you and your family are providing for her.
Thanks All.. Guptash, Canindian and Kal1313 for your valuable feedback. Really appreciate it!!

I do not send any money to my parents either.. She is currently living with my parents.. I was not sure, that I should send any money. Moreover, My parents take care of her financially. May be i will write a letter explaining these.

I have already signed the sponsorship agreement. Not sure, how else I can prove that I will support financially..

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akrk said:
Thanks All.. Guptash, Canindian and Kal1313 for your valuable feedback. Really appreciate it!!

I do not send any money to my parents either.. She is currently living with my parents.. I was not sure, that I should send any money. Moreover, My parents take care of her financially. May be i will write a letter explaining these.

I have already signed the sponsorship agreement. Not sure, how else I can prove that I will support financially..
If your parents are supporting your wife financially, then you are better off getting a notarized letter from your parents attesting to this rather than writing a letter yourself.

The number of questions that the visa office is asking is not typical. Unfortunately, the fact that they are asking you so many questions at this point leads me to believe that they are questioning the genuineness of your relationship so I would do everything that you can to convince them otherwise. The fact that you have, it seems, no proof of contact with your wife and no photos after your marriage is not a good sign and will naturally lead the IO to be suspicious. If I were you, I would:

* Send whatever proof of contact that you have. As suggested, try to see if you can get a record of your phone calls to each other. If you are unable to get this and have no proof of contact then I would write a letter explaining this.
* photocopy all pages of your passport. My guess is that they want to see when you visited your wife and confirm that you are currently in Canada.
* send a notarized letter from your parents that they are supporting your wife financially
* send any photos of the 2 of you together after your marriage even if you didn't go on a honeymoon.

Good luck

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brownboi said:
hey guys,

I filed my application on Sep 29th and got approval letter on Nov 2nd. The date on the letter was Oct 29th. So, I am assuming the file must have reached to NEW Delhi in the first week of November. I am waiting for the status to be changed on ECAS.

How long does it take for them to send the PPR letter? Is it like once they change the status to In Process then it takes a month to receive the PPR letter? It's really confusing. They should at least consider sending the letter via speedpost so applicants could save at least a month in their total process.

Please help.

Thank you
They do send the PPR by Speedpost. Obviously they don't send out the PPR immediately. They need at least a few weeks to review your file. In our case, we got the PPR request 3 weeks after CHC started processing our file. If you check other cases on trackitt.com you can see that it varies anywhere from 4-8 weeks to get the PPR but it's usually within 1 month. This is because they are reviewing other files and checking your file, not because of mail delay. As I said, they send the PPR request by Speedpost and it typically just takes a few days after the request is sent to receive it. Try to be patient.