+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
JASON79 said:
Got the letter this morning it was printed on the 6 th October. No additional detail. I am from Punjab. Where r u from
That is taking some time to get delivered! My other half is in Bangalore. I'm assuming that the letter includes a specific time for the interview?? Wouldn't it be nice if eCAS included the time!!! Little things would make all the difference.

ALIENGUY

Oct 7, 2010
Hi Deepak,

When was your spouse's passport requested? Your profile says on 20th Aug? and your last statement reads - the processing started on 27th Aug... I am a little lost.. can you please clarify...?

I had filed for my spouse on June 15th
Application was transferred to India on Aug 4th
Processing started in ND on Aug 20th
Recvd PPR on Sep 1
PP recvd by ND on Sep 3
Still no updates from ND on the PP or Visa ... they replied to our email twice saying the final review is pending...

Our timelines are similar and your updates would help ...

thanks!

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
ALIENGUY said:
Hi Deepak,

When was your spouse's passport requested? Your profile says on 20th Aug? and your last statement reads - the processing started on 27th Aug... I am a little lost.. can you please clarify...?

Recvd PPR on Sep 1
PP recvd by ND on Sep 3
Still no updates from ND on the PP or Visa ... they replied to our email twice saying the final review is pending...

thanks!
hey alienguy .. mine n urs isalmost same timeline ... if u don't mind can u tell me from which part of India u r??
And r u d sponsor or applicant ??
Who should contact the ND office i mean sponsor from canada r applicant in India??

i am also in the list like u to get my visa .. lets hope and pray for a speedy visa stamping ....

Thank you ...

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Med's Request
12-09-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2016
ALIENGUY said:
Hi Deepak,

Recvd PPR on Sep 1
PP recvd by ND on Sep 3

thanks!
Hi,
The ecas shows that on 9th of aug application process started in ND.
I got PPR letter dated 10th Aug on 20th of Aug. My Passport received at CHC ND on 28th Aug.
Again I got Document Requested Letter dated 1st OCT on 9th Oct. They asked for more Photos.
I sent the package of photos and it received by CHC ND on 13th Oct.
Now waiting game is on.

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
Looks like, its taking more than 2months, to get our visa stamped once they get our ppt :( why so :(((((((((( so much delay :(((( and even after 2months,ppl r still waiting.. so its even more than 2months?? so bad :(

Poodles

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010(sent 27-08-10 ,received 28-08-10)
VISA ISSUED...
15-oct -2010(received 22 oct 2010)
Hi Guys

Please let me know how many days CHC ND take to reply to our mails for application status.The first mail i sent they did not reply .

I sent them a mail through the online form yesterday ,they have not reverted to my mail even today :( :(

B

boyee6576

they are unpredictable. I had sent an email and a month later they responded. Then I sent another one and they replied two weeks later. after a couple of months I sent another email and it was urgent and I put URGENT on it cause we were worried about having our PCC being done intime and they answered that in a couple of days. a month ago I sent an email asking an update and they didnt respond so, I guess you just take your chances whether they answer or not. There doesnt seem to be any set guideline for them answering back or not. Thankfully I dont have to deal with them again since my husband got his visa yesterday. I am still not believing it but he even showed it to me still I am struggling to believe that in a couple of weeks he will be here. Wow its amazing feeling. :D

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
boyee6576 said:
they are unpredictable. I had sent an email and a month later they responded. Then I sent another one and they replied two weeks later. after a couple of months I sent another email and it was urgent and I put URGENT on it cause we were worried about having our PCC being done intime and they answered that in a couple of days. a month ago I sent an email asking an update and they didnt respond so, I guess you just take your chances whether they answer or not. There doesnt seem to be any set guideline for them answering back or not. Thankfully I dont have to deal with them again since my husband got his visa yesterday. I am still not believing it but he even showed it to me still I am struggling to believe that in a couple of weeks he will be here. Wow its amazing feeling. :D
Do u think there is a potential of ticking the VO off by emailing them and they might delay the file on purpose? Can this be possible???
I got a different answer every time I emailed them...speaking of a rude VO...I still remember in 2001 when I went for my student visa how freakin rude and ignorant the guy was to me...

B

boyee6576

I think it depends on what your asking for when you email them. I think the just dont bother to answer ones they dont feel are important. After all they are the gods of immigration :( I dont know if they get pissy if you email them too often, but it seems strange. You see some on here email often and get answered right away, with in a day or so and others wait and wait or dont get answered at all. So like I said it seems to be the VOs choice to tell you things or avoid you. I think its really not fair, everyone has a right to know things about their file and you shouldnt be getting different answers everytime you contact them. Like I said, I think it has to do with what your asking, thats how it seemed in our case anyways.
My husband had a rude officer when he had his interview, and I complained about her to the High commissioner, so when we won our appeal I was kind of worried that the same officer would be working on our file. So I wrote to the high commission and told him my concerns, even though he didnt respond to me, I wonder if that is why our case went as fast as it did. Maybe they just wanted to get rid of us by doing it as fast as possible. LOl who knows. He sent in his passport on Sept 29th and the visa was issued on the 6th of Oct, a week later.

sim85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Poodles said:
Hi Guys

Please let me know how many days CHC ND take to reply to our mails for application status.The first mail i sent they did not reply .

I sent them a mail through the online form yesterday ,they have not reverted to my mail even today :( :(
well in my case,, i emailed them twice and got both their replies on thursdays with a gap of 3-5 days.. if u r askin abt ur application status and ur app is within a standard period of 3- 6 months then they sometimes dnt care to reply...although it depends...its very unpredictable..infact this whole procedure is unpredic.
u jus need to wait now..i would suggest dnt ask them again...:) gud luck

Poodles

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010(sent 27-08-10 ,received 28-08-10)
VISA ISSUED...
15-oct -2010(received 22 oct 2010)
boyee6576 said:
[/quo

Thanks Boyee ,sim and minku ...its really annoying when u see others write an email and get an reply and u dont get a reply when u write to them.I guess its better not to write to them at all,atleast you wont be anxious everyday hoping for a reply.

@boyee crongratulations to both of u on getting the visa , ur story is really an inspiration for a never give up attitude. :)

B

boyee6576

Thank you Poodles. I often contacted my MP's office to find out things. THey can get an answer often the same day or the next day

I know its really hard not to get discouraged. I was so discouraged at times thinking this is not going to get over with. But it will. Just keep thinking and making plans what you and your spouse are going to do when your together. Where is the first restaurant you want to eat at? What sites you want to see together when they come? Thats what I had to do. I had to really concentrate on the future cause the present was sucking the life out of me. I would go to bed and feel lonely and would think, how can I turn this around? then I thought, hmm, wont be much longer and I wont have this bed to myself so I better enjoy being able to roll all over it now, cause soon I willhave to share it. LOL Its foolish things, but you really have to change your focus to the better part of all this. Having your spouse with you. You dont know when, but you will have them with you. After we got rejected we were devastated and was so discouraged but I KNEW we would be together just not when I hoped it would be. So you just keep thinking, I will have my spouse with me, it WILL happen!!

DPM

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody, Finally Landed in Canada (Toronto) yesterday...the journey was pleasant via Amstrdm....immigration officer at Toronto was very friendly...simple question like address of residence in Toronto and then a welcome package Kit.....Finally the wait was over as my wife came in to receive me at the airport......Enjoying the moments...and best wishes to all who are awaiting VISA...Good Luck!!!

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
Great news DPM. Welcome to Canada!

B

boyee6576

Welcome to Canada!!! I am glad to hear your landing was smooth. I hope my husbands goes as well.