+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
canwifesponsor said:
I am glad to say my husband lande on Tuesday, July 24th. I waited for him an hour and a half for him to go through immigration. The information in the system was wrong so they had to fix it. It showed that he was single and not married! Otherwise everyhing went well... just took time.

i shouldn't be surprised about the mistake... wasn't the first weird thing we experienced with ND... our Ecas is sill showing "In Process".
Thank you everyone for the wishes! I'm hoping to receive my husband at the Vancouver airport in 2 weeks time! Congrats canwife super happy for u. Hope u had an awesome anniversary. We r off to Mexico on ours :)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
easyspirit said:
Thank you everyone for the wishes! I'm hoping to receive my husband at the Vancouver airport in 2 weeks time! Congrats canwife super happy for u. Hope u had an awesome anniversary. We r off to Mexico on ours :)
Hello everyone, Now I need some advice on INDIAN POST :p ( I am no expert with Indian services and or processes)

Congratulations easyspirit! Which city does your hubby lives in? Do you or anyone know how the India post registered mail works? I wanted to know if there is no one at home when the post man comes and its a registered post, then what do they do? I have heard that they leave a note behind so that u can pick it up from the post office.. I have also heard they may try another delivery next b.day and I have also heard if there is no body home then they send the passport back to the high commission and then I guess CHC will contact the applicant and or applicant contact the CHC and arrange a personal pick up from the CHC..

How does the registry work?? we are in Pune... I hope we get it tomorrow or monday.. Does you ECAS show your wife address to be in Canada now?

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Everone
I got married in end of FEB 2012 and i did send all my papers to sponsor my wife on first week of July 2012.
I am working in Canada now. I am a Canadian Citizen. I have few questions. Please help. This is my second marriage and i have like 12 years age difference with my spouse. Every thing is true in my case and all he papers and pictures are very clear.

1.) If i decide to go back to India in end of Oct 2012, will it affect my sponsorship application in anyways? I
might get my first apporval from Ontarion in first week of Oct 2012 to send all documents to NEW DELHI.
2.) If i go to India i am planning to have a baby, will it help my case in any way, If we get our interview in Feb 2013
and my spouse is pregnant for 3-4 months, How this will affect my case and my stay in India.
3.) Or is it better to stay in Canada till my wife receive interview letter, which will be in Jan - Feb 2013.

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
Code:
lalatata said:
Hello everyone, Now I need some advice on INDIAN POST :p ( I am no expert with Indian services and or processes)

Congratulations easyspirit! Which city does your hubby lives in? Do you or anyone know how the India post registered mail works? I wanted to know if there is no one at home when the post man comes and its a registered post, then what do they do? I have heard that they leave a note behind so that u can pick it up from the post office.. I have also heard they may try another delivery next b.day and I have also heard if there is no body home then they send the passport back to the high commission and then I guess CHC will contact the applicant and or applicant contact the CHC and arrange a personal pick up from the CHC..

How does the registry work?? we are in Pune... I hope we get it tomorrow or monday.. Does you ECAS show your wife address to be in Canada now?
Thank u lalatata! I think we got the passport quickly because my husband is in new Delhi itself. If the delivery is missed I believe it is available for pick up at the post office but I'm not sure. My husband ws home to receive it luckily. Since ur wife is in Puna it might take a day or 2 longer than us plus we received DM a day before u. So give it until Tuesday next week I think it should b there by then. I've seen people receiving it after like 8 days.

My husband will be here in Vancouver on the 8th August! :) his address just shows Vancouver bc nothing else. That should be fine though.

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
Lalatata - i have read in this thread only that one of the applicant missed the post bcoz they were unable to trace her home. Her passport went back to cic nd and next day she got a call frm nd to collect the same in person!

jazzi2001

Jan 17, 2012
Hey,

So my wife had DM on July 23rd and she got her passport back today, time to book her a ticket. She will be landing on the 13th of August. The total time of the application was 6 months start to finish, so not too bad.

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
Congrats jazzi2001. You are actually veru lucky that your application wrapped up in just 6 months time. Enjoy you time!

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jazzi2001 said:
Hey,

So my wife had DM on July 23rd and she got her passport back today, time to book her a ticket. She will be landing on the 13th of August. The total time of the application was 6 months start to finish, so not too bad.
Does 6 months include 3 months processing in Canada and 3 months processing in New Delhi.
Or 6 months in New Delhi processing time?

AD_12

Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
21-08-2012/PP sent 10-Oct.
VISA ISSUED...
In process 19-Sept/DM 19-Jan
Hi ppl, need some suggestions here...

Visa applied on 1st june, got the AOR 18th July but still to get approval n then of course PPR...hopefully by August mid.

The problem is I will be out travelling till October n will not be able to submit my passport as n when PPR arrives.

So how do i go about it?

N how will it affect my application? Anyone out there with a similar problem?

PS- V.O New Delhi

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
Ad_12- you can write them back for delay in sending your pp. You can ask them to proceed further in your case and demand your passport at later stage. They do accept such things. But this might delay your case by few weeks.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
easyspirit said:
Code:
Thank u lalatata! I think we got the passport quickly because my husband is in new Delhi itself. If the delivery is missed I believe it is available for pick up at the post office but I'm not sure. My husband ws home to receive it luckily. Since ur wife is in Puna it might take a day or 2 longer than us plus we received DM a day before u. So give it until Tuesday next week I think it should b there by then. I've seen people receiving it after like 8 days.

My husband will be here in Vancouver on the 8th August! :) his address just shows Vancouver bc nothing else. That should be fine though.
Thanks for the quick reply! I see what you mean! I was thinking the same! Vancouver,BC is what I expect to see in our ECAS shortly too!

SBDelhi, Thank you! This is exactly what i thought as well.. a call from CHC ND once its back to them ( IF it is not rcvd )

AD_12

Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
SBDelhi said:
Ad_12- you can write them back for delay in sending your pp. You can ask them to proceed further in your case and demand your passport at later stage. They do accept such things. But this might delay your case by few weeks.
Thanx for the reply...

But do u hav any idea what causes the delay? Cos as soon as i get the PPR il send them an e-mail informing them of my situation. I just hope they will continue processing my file as usual without the passport....

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
Ad_12 - i am saying on the basis of people experience n their thoughts. I am not expert on such issues. Its just that i have been on this website fir quite long period and had advised you on the basis of people sharing experience with nd office.

It is also possible that your case doesnt get delayed. So nothing is specific or documented anywhere. Its just by analysing few sample cases :)

AD_12

Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
SBDelhi said:
Ad_12 - i am saying on the basis of people experience n their thoughts. I am not expert on such issues. Its just that i have been on this website fir quite long period and had advised you on the basis of people sharing experience with nd office.

It is also possible that your case doesnt get delayed. So nothing is specific or documented anywhere. Its just by analysing few sample cases :)

Thanx! Just hoping my case does not get delayed :)