+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
amira_mais said:
Ecas shows decision made and the Canadian address for my husband! Not sure if it happened yesterday or today. I had been checking ecas 3 times a day for the past 5 months and the first time I skipped a day, this wonderful news was waiting for me! :D It's such an amazing but strange thing to get this news out of the blue. Like someone recently said, the visa will come, we don't know when but it will come.
Wow That's amazing news.Congratulations! I'm sure you couldn't be happier! They did this whole thing for you even before the processing time deadline. i hope we can be as fortunate as you soon enough. I applied for my husband in dec 2011, still waiting.. still showing "appl received". You give us all some encouragement and hope.. thanks!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
easyspirit said:
Wow That's amazing news.Congratulations! I'm sure you couldn't be happier! They did this whole thing for you even before the processing time deadline. i hope we can be as fortunate as you soon enough. I applied for my husband in dec 2011, still waiting.. still showing "appl received". You give us all some encouragement and hope.. thanks!
Yes, the excitement still hasn't worn off. Am sending all my positive vibes to the group, it would be wonderful to see more DMs this week :)

raj2012 and thomas_saint, thank you for the wishes too!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
amira_mais said:
Yes, the excitement still hasn't worn off. Am sending all my positive vibes to the group, it would be wonderful to see more DMs this week :)

raj2012 and thomas_saint, thank you for the wishes too!
congratulations amira on your husband's decision made! :) do you think they do background checks before or after "in process" status? our file is delayed because of interview and my MP told me background checks are started after interview. i am trying to figure out how long it will take for background checks and final review after interview.

thanks and good luck! :)

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
hey all

I am hoping that my application must be for final review since its being long time wait. DO any one has an idea how much time it takes for file for final review.

Seniors pls respond!

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
hello all
one question is it possible to call delhi over phone and ask them whats going on if yes does any one have an idea of the number to call
thanks

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
congratulations amira on your husband's decision made! :) do you think they do background checks before or after "in process" status? our file is delayed because of interview and my MP told me background checks are started after interview. i am trying to figure out how long it will take for background checks and final review after interview.

thanks and good luck! :)
Hi, ashu - all prepared for the interview? :) After tracking everyone's progress over the past few weeks, I believe that the appearance of "in process" on ecas doesn't help in determining when the background check was initiated. It could be before or after. Some people never get in process (see two recent notations on the spreadsheet), others have it for just a few days and still others have it for weeks or months before the DM arrives. Intuitively you would think that the file should move to in process before the background check (these checks are part of the file processing, aren't they) but don't rely on ecas to tell you when events actually happen. I'm afraid you just have to wait for the good news to arrive out of the blue.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
amira_mais said:
Hi, ashu - all prepared for the interview? :) After tracking everyone's progress over the past few weeks, I believe that the appearance of "in process" on ecas doesn't help in determining when the background check was initiated. It could be before or after. Some people never get in process (see two recent notations on the spreadsheet), others have it for just a few days and still others have it for weeks or months before the DM arrives. Intuitively you would think that the file should move to in process before the background check (these checks are part of the file processing, aren't they) but don't rely on ecas to tell you when events actually happen. I'm afraid you just have to wait for the good news to arrive out of the blue.
ok thanks amira :) yes we are prepared, but dont have GCMS notes yet so we dont know the reason for interview. my file didnt move to background check yet, which is confirmed by my MP who contacted CIC. they said there is nothing progressing on the file until after the interview which is to determine if the relationship is genuine. your file took 2 months of processing after passport request and im thinking it will take 2 more months for us after interview, since they have to do the background check (1.5 years travel history) and then the file sits in process for final review for another month.

thanks again and best wishes for a happy life together in canada! :)

hpatel4700

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2012
File Transfer...
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-02-2012
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
15-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
show DM on ECAS July 30,2012 ( Never shows in process)
LANDED..........
mid aug
which address should i use for PP send?

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi

or

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
amira_mais said:
Congratulations Amira!!!! I am sure you both must be delighted and relieved. Finally, you can start your new life ! Good wishes! Please let me know if you want me to take care of the spread sheet moving forward.. Thanks!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hpatel4700 said:
which address should i use for PP send?

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi

or

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India
I used this which is taken directly from their website:

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
110 021
India

hpatel4700

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2012
File Transfer...
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-02-2012
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
15-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
show DM on ECAS July 30,2012 ( Never shows in process)
LANDED..........
mid aug
amira_mais said:
I used this which is taken directly from their website:

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
110 021
India
thanks you all,

i have used the same address but i just want to make sure that i haven't send my pp at wrong address.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalatata said:
Congratulations Amira!!!! I am sure you both must be delighted and relieved. Finally, you can start your new life ! Good wishes! Please let me know if you want me to take care of the spread sheet moving forward.. Thanks!
Thank you so much! We're knee-deep in plans for his landing and organizing a reception here in Canada with all our relatives. If you can take over the spreadsheet, that would be great. Can you make a copy and work from that, or do you want me to unlock it?

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
amira_mais said:
Thank you so much! We're knee-deep in plans for his landing and organizing a reception here in Canada with all our relatives. If you can take over the spreadsheet, that would be great. Can you make a copy and work from that, or do you want me to unlock it?
Thats awesome! I am sure its going to great! Please unlock it for me, I will then take over and continue the updates. I will send you a personal message in ur inbox of this forum with my email.. Thanks! let me know when done..

in_can

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Request
Sent already
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-12 (Started processing on ecas,Visa has same date)
LANDED..........
Soon...
A question to those who are already approved or are almost there.

If you are approved as a sponsor by CPC-M, does ND visa office ask for more documents or any missing forms later on? or is it that CPC-M, checks all documents & forms and then only sends your file to ND-VO. (except-PP,PCC and medical of course).