+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Cricket365

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Currently in Toronto
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
transfered to ND on 27th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
September, 2011
Interview........
31st July 2012
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
arpit123 said:
Hi guys this is really urgent.
I am on my student's visa in USA and my wife filed for my Canadian PR in march. File has been processed in canada and it is right now in India CHC ND. I got an email today for my Passport request.

As i am in US which is the best option for me to send the passport?

Should i mail them passport through Fedex/ UPS and include a letter specifying my Indian address so that CHC ND can return the passport to that address. OR should i tell them to send me second passport request when my file is in final stage of processing and that time i will personally go to india and send the passport from there.

Please guys help me out.
I think Second passport request is better. Do that , because anyway it is not recommended to send your passport thru mail.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
Now my wife's ecas shows both canada address and india address.
Along with decision made.

The ticket has been booked for 25th june.
Hoping that the passport arrives before that.

kingcobra

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2012
AOR Received.
AOR was not sent
File Transfer...
26 July 2012
Med's Done....
22 March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 September 2012
LANDED..........
23 October 2012 & PR card received on 17 December 2012
arpit123 said:
I am on my student's visa in USA and my wife filed for my Canadian PR in march. File has been processed in canada and it is right now in India CHC ND. I got an email today for my Passport request.

Should i mail them passport through Fedex/ UPS and include a letter specifying my Indian address so that CHC ND can return the passport to that address. OR should i tell them to send me second passport request when my file is in final stage of processing and that time i will personally go to india and send the passport from there.

Please guys help me out.
It is ILLEGAL to send your Indian passport out of a country by mail or courier. Your only option is to go to India personally and get it stamped at New Delhi.

canwifesponsor

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2012 - Showing In Process 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2012 - PP received 17-07-2012 - Still no DM on Ecas
LANDED..........
will land on 24-07-2012 on our wedding anniversary
rehan1981 said:
After 4 months of me submitting my passport my e-cas status changed today to In Process Today what does this mean ?
Same for us!!!! Thanks to the help of my MP. It means they are finally working on it and they eventually will make a decision!

arpit123

Jun 11, 2012
thanks Cricket365 and kingcobra for the response.

If i ask them for the second passport request . What should be the content of letter (just explain them why i wont be able to send?).

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2012(in process 18jun2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
Status changed to In Process :eek:

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
image6000 said:
Hello All,

My wife sent her passport to New Delhi on June 7. But now we need passport back to make a copy of Singapore Entry / Exit pages, Singapore police is asking for those pages before they send Police Certificate to New Delhi.

Could u please tell us the best way to request passport from New Delhi . Is it via Email , Mail or letter ?

Thanks
Hello,

For all those in your situation, who may be thinking about sending your passport across the border via mail, I would like to share my story. I have the first hand experience of getting penalized for this. I am a PR, but before this I was on a work visa and before that, a student. In order to get a work visa and then PR, I had sent my passport to Buffalo and Los Angeles via Canada Post for stamping of work visa and PR visa. This is standard procedure and CIC had advised me to do so. But recently, my Indian passport expired and when I sent it to CGI-Vancouver to get a new Passport, they imposed a fine on me for the violation of the Indian Passport Act. I had to pay $220 ($110 for each time I sent the passport via mail). When I tried to tell them that CIC had asked me to do so, they said "Well, you can discuss your case with them if you like".

It was the matter of my passport and I have to plan to travel back home for my sister's wedding, so I didn't wanna take any chances. So I ended up paying the fine and now my new Passport application is being processed (hopefully).

I am not suggesting one way or the other. I just wanted to share my story.

kingcobra

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2012
AOR Received.
AOR was not sent
File Transfer...
26 July 2012
Med's Done....
22 March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 September 2012
LANDED..........
23 October 2012 & PR card received on 17 December 2012
arpit123 said:
thanks Cricket365 and kingcobra for the response.

If i ask them for the second passport request . What should be the content of letter (just explain them why i wont be able to send?).
CHC-ND usually asks for the passport very soon after the file is transferred there, during the initial review stage. There are other reviews on your file before the final decision is made which can be as early as a month too. CHC-ND accepts such requests for a second passport request. However, when the second request is made you HAVE TO SEND THE PASSPORT then.

CHC-ND only mails passports to Indian addresses or Nepali address. Nepal passports however CAN be sent across the border from New Delhi to Nepal. Just write a detailed letter as to why you cannot send in your passport now, and about your future travel plans to India.

Aamnk

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
24-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-05-2012--Received by VO 14-05-2012--In Process 18-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 07-06-2012--Passport Received 11 June 2012 :D
LANDED..........
29th June 2012 :D
vengat83 said:

Congrats vengat...woww..wer will she b landing and hopefully you'l get it dis week :)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
image6000 said:
What email address do we use ?

Thanks.
You can use: delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

or send a Case Specific Enquiry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingcobra said:
CHC-ND usually asks for the passport very soon after the file is transferred there, during the initial review stage. There are other reviews on your file before the final decision is made which can be as early as a month too. CHC-ND accepts such requests for a second passport request. However, when the second request is made you HAVE TO SEND THE PASSPORT then.
Agreed with the above and also one other suggestion - keep in mind that if you ask for PPR at a later stage, it can delay your processing by a few months. If that's not a problem for you, great. But if you want the visa sooner than later, maybe see if a trusted friend or relative can carry the passport for you to and from India upon the initial PPR.

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
vengat83 said:

Normally how many days will it take to receive PP after its mailed? My wife's status showed DM on last friday.

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
arpit123 said:

Please guys help me out.
Like someone else said, it is illegal to send an Indian passport across international boundaries through mail/courier etc. Even if you send it, CHC will NEVER return it back to USA and ask for an Indian address to send you to (if they feel nice and decide not to harass you for sending it across the border). Best option, email CHC saying you're in USA and ask them to continue processing your PR and ask for passport towards the end. another option is to send with someone you know and mail it from India giving an Indian return address.

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
vengat83 said:

Congratulations!!! All the best with getting passport back on time and a new beginning in Canada.

jysi

Jun 18, 2012
Hi,

I am currently in Canada on Tourist visa.
My husband had filed for my PR in March.
My Application got approved on 04-06-12 and the file was transferred to VO ND.I got my Passport Request mail from CHC,ND today.
Is it advisable for me to go back to India and submit my passport at this stage or can I send it later at the final stage of processing?
In case I send it at the final stage,will it lead to any delay in processing?