+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Updates: I just took help with my MP here to find out status of my wife's application. She said its only 4mnths to enquire about these case :) but i said there are people who applied in Jan at same time and they got visa already.

She said she will enquire my case and let me know in 2days :) God plz help....

I'll give u guys an update if i hear anything from MP.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
karish1978 said:
Hi Borntowin...here is what in the ecas. do note that the update of the interview date came on ecas only AFTER the interview was done.

We received XXXXXX application for permanent residence on July 6, 2011.

We started processing XXXXXX application on April 17, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

XXXXXX interview is April 17, 2012.

A decision has been made on XXXXX application. The office will contact XXXXXX concerning this decision
DM with medicals updates is absolutely a good sign & without medicals update is considered as negative/refusal sign and particularly in your case its a good sign and I guess PPR should have been misplaced in transit. Kindly consult your local MP to get update of your case file.

Wishing you all the best and good luck wishes.

PS : I guess VO is satisfied with your case file and hence DM made within 20 days of successful Interview. In most of cases I have witnessed it takes not less than 60 to 90 days .

vir_ajay

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
sent by mail on 19/11/2011 which i never got it....then found it by case enquiry on 23/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
garudha said:
Don't know if there's still any old folks from 2011 sticking around here, but if so, "hi - we're back", and "hi" to all the new folks here.

It's been a long hiatus (2.5 months) I know - sorry. However, things went crazy for awhile and then we were really busy and it's just starting to settle down, so I haven't felt able to write until now. Now that I've got time/piece of mind, here's our update, if it's any help/consolation to others...

So here's the deal: my partner had an interview on Feb 22, 2012 at CHC-ND...

The interview was a mess - we had applied common-law but at the interview the officer spent the whole time lecturing my partner about why he felt we didn't meet the definition (mostly rubbish - we feel he was just biased against us/common-law for some reason, and the definition is vague enough that the officers can find enough evidence to justify whatever decision they make). Anyway, after an hour of interrogation (always professional, never angry, but clearly not listening to any response she gave, and acting in a totally unemotional, unsympathetic and aloof manner) and asking for ridiculous documents no one would ever have (and he knew we didn't - a lease agreement from my parents when we stayed with them for 4 months in Canada for example!), he told my partner that the application was rejected, gave her the passport back, and that was it.

We got official letters from CIC/CHC-ND within a week or so informing us of the decision and our appeal options.

However, after talking to a couple of lawyers, we got married and instead are going to reapply as married couple (didn't do it before because we already qualified as common-law and wanted to save the wedding/celebration for when we actually arrive/settle into Canada). We feel that it's a lot safer and faster than trying to appeal. We're going through all the documentation again and hopefully will submit a new application within a few weeks. This one had better work!

It was a real shock (we'd thought about all kinds of scenarios but had never considered rejection because we are 100% legit), it's caused us to have to delay plans for going to Canada by about a year, and will end up costing lost more money (a second application, lawyer's fees etc) but now that the immediate situation is passed, it's not such a big deal anymore - we've got a plan going forward on what we'll do for this year in India (and it will be good), and how we're going to reapply, so it's turned out OK in the end. I really wish it hadn't happened this way, but we don't regret anything and will be able to look back on it without too many hard feelings I think.

If anyone has been through a similar situation or has interview questions, message me and I'll tell you what I know. Basically the primary rule still applies, there is almost no communication from CHC-ND and they are extremely inflexible, but things usually come through at the last minute. Good luck to all!
sorry to here this garudha, i truly pray for you and your husband ..this time all goes well and smooth..

Good luck

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Hey!!!!!! Did you guys miss me??? I have been away from this forum for the past 10 days because my husband came into town to visit me, and we finally went on our honeymoon- we went to Orlando, Florida. My husband is leaving tomorrow to go back to Canada :(

Before he came though, I was always thinking that- "wouldn't it be cool if I got my decision made while he is here to visit me?" How awesome would that be??? Panda and I were talking about it!

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS???????????????? Yesterday morning (May 7th) when I woke up next to my husband, I logged into CIC and it says "Decision Made" !!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I will assume that it is "approved" since I did not get any interview!

Let's see how long it takes for my passport to come from the office. How long does it usually take to get the passport back from the office to a New Delhi address?

And congrats SRINIVAS for the approval of your wife's visa, and everyone else who recently got their approval!

I will read back on this forum tomorrow, to see what I have missed

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Congratulations it's celebrations!!!!!!

I was just looking for the old folks on this forum. Have seen many new faces on this forum but good to see you back.

And btw a big big big Congratulations to you and wish you all the very best for your future.
Hope you having good time with your partner and it's good that you got chance to fly with your partner :) :) :) :) ...

Really happy for you....

In my case, i'm still waiting :( :( :(

CanadiansWife said:
Hey!!!!!! Did you guys miss me??? I have been away from this forum for the past 10 days because my husband came into town to visit me, and we finally went on our honeymoon- we went to Orlando, Florida. My husband is leaving tomorrow to go back to Canada :(

Before he came though, I was always thinking that- "wouldn't it be cool if I got my decision made while he is here to visit me?" How awesome would that be??? Panda and I were talking about it!

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS???????????????? Yesterday morning (May 7th) when I woke up next to my husband, I logged into CIC and it says "Decision Made" !!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Let's see how long it takes for my passport to come from the office. How long does it usually take to get the passport back from the office to a New Delhi address?

And congrats SRINIVAS for the approval of your wife's visa, and everyone else who recently got their approval!

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
OOps did not read the first line that your partner will be leaving tomorrow...

abad.vs said:
Congratulations it's celebrations!!!!!!

I was just looking for the old folks on this forum. Have seen many new faces on this forum but good to see you back.

And btw a big big big Congratulations to you and wish you all the very best for your future.
Hope you having good time with your partner and it's good that you got chance to fly with your partner :) :) :) :) ...

Really happy for you....

In my case, i'm still waiting :( :( :(

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
CanadiansWife said:

Hey Congrats !!!!

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Hi!has it ever happened that from application received status, it jumps to decision made??
It's been 41 days n I hav no travel history for then to do checks... running out of patience :((

abad.vs said:
OOps did not read the first line that your partner will be leaving tomorrow...

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadiansWife said:
Wow, your DM couldn't have come at a better time! At least you and your husband could read the news together! He may be leaving tomorrow but this is the last separation! :D

zhaleem

Apr 30, 2012
mapplelover said:
There is nothing you can do unfortunately. There are people on this forum who have sent passports more than six months and still waiting. Some of them have been returned by chc for doing medical for second time since first medical expired. I guess we need to be escalate on this wrong procedure of requesting passport at initial stage which is very unusual. Other Canadian visa posts request it just at the time of issuing visa but new Delhi is exception to this
There should be something that we can do about this. Its really unreasonable that they request the passport in advance and don't even look at the application for months. I wanted to go away with my husband, but because he didn't have his passport we were forced to stay within India. It seems efficiency is just taken out of this process! I just hope they get moving with the applications and stop making people wait for no good reason <sigh>.

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011~ Medicals Received Dec 3rd 2011
Interview........
17-04-2011 rejected. Appealled May 2012, Appeal won May 30, 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
Congratulation honey...so happy for youguys....

CanadiansWife said:

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
indian_spouse said:
Hi!has it ever happened that from application received status, it jumps to decision made??
It's been 41 days n I hav no travel history for then to do checks... running out of patience :((
Hang in there. I think it has to go into process and then it will be decision made. My status is still application recieved I am getting frustrated. New Delhi is sure taking there time. :(

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a question Is it ok to send the Passport by any courier or does it have to be through Speed post or Regd. post. ?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went &quot;in process&quot; same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Hello everyone :-*
can you please add your travel history to your timeline just like me and kiwinijjar (thnx kiwi) (so we can calculate approximate waiting time based on recent DM)
thanks and best of luck :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went &quot;in process&quot; same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
vengat83 said:
Hey Congrats !!!!
hi vengat83
can you please add one more column for travel history to the spreadsheet. im not sure if its so easy, please do it if possible