+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
rv_maria said:
Hi, I too had work exp. with Wipro technologies.
I think Wipro has a corporate office in Toronto, BTW in which technology you are working right now??
I was working in Digital TV Setup Boxes and Blu Ray players in WIPRO. Then started working on iOS , Android apps and games here. Now mixture of IPTV and tablet apps. I had to convince my first employers that i can do this. After that my other employers didnt care much cos i had canadian experience.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
dinmab said:
I was working in Digital TV Setup Boxes and Blu Ray players in WIPRO. Then started working on iOS , Android apps and games here. Now mixture of IPTV and tablet apps. I had to convince my first employers that i can do this. After that my other employers didnt care much cos i had canadian experience.
I am an ex Wiproite too :)

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
abad.vs said:
What in IT?? (developing site or IT support)

also, How's IT market in Canada??
Hi..My spouse back in India is in IT. He does consulting work. So I have asked around for him. Don't be afraid to take on contracts. IT professional in huge demand. Need to just get your foot in the door. Be confident and go to recruiting agents and firms. Make calls after sending resume. Don't just sit around and wait. Linkedin is big here so update your profile nicely. Add a picture, get recommendations.

People usually do not hire during summer months so don't get disappointed if that is when you start your hunt. Sept-Dec should be good.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
dinmab said:
oh my god :D so many here eh hahha.
my hubby isn't an ex WIPROITE o gosh i feel so left out ???

:p

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
dinmab said:

Great !!! I am a Software Engineer(java/J2ee)

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Yeah... I am all ears and eyes for Apr 25th to see if it makes my life any different.

Hopefully we get this thing done by this weekend finally.

Good Luck everybody.

Cheers,
Sri
Hey Sri,
Its already 25th in India...did you c any changes in ecase status.

Gud luck with that :)

Cheers,
Nani

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandapenda said:
Hi..My spouse back in India is in IT. He does consulting work. So I have asked around for him. Don't be afraid to take on contracts. IT professional in huge demand. Need to just get your foot in the door. Be confident and go to recruiting agents and firms. Make calls after sending resume. Don't just sit around and wait. Linkedin is big here so update your profile nicely. Add a picture, get recommendations.

People usually do not hire during summer months so don't get disappointed if that is when you start your hunt. Sept-Dec should be good.
This is great advice, pandapenda! I'm not in the IT field but I thought all you professionals planning to move to Canada would be interested in the HR Outlook report prepared by the Information & Communications Technology Council (ICTC) of Canada. The forum doesn't allow posts with attachments so I suggest you google "Outlook for Human Resources in the ICT Labour Market, 2011–2016". The report discusses trends in labour supply, demand and skills sets for ICT jobs in each province over the period 2011-2016.

Also for any newcomers to Canada or people already here - check out www.workingincanada.gc.ca This site gives you information on all sorts of occupations (including job postings, what wages to expect, the type of education and skills required, if the occupation requires licensing or certification, whether job prospects for that occupation are good or fair or poor, etc.).

As an example, here are the results from a search I ran for "software developers" and "Toronto". http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?lang=eng&noc=2174&area=9219&titleKeyword=software+developer&regionKeyword=Toronto,+Ontario&source=0&action=final

Hope you find this useful.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whizbee said:
Hey guys! I got my PPR request from ND! :D
Congrats! It must be great to see some movement from Delhi so quickly. Just wondering, is there any deadline mentioned in the request? And did it come via email?

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi thanks and very sori for late revert..i did as u said filed after back ground information......hope now i get response from them very soon...tk cr god bless

CAPRWIFE said:
As travel history relates to principal applicant. Please attach to spouse application may be after back ground information of the spouse

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
yeah u r right my frn......hope this times passes soon and i v be with my wife forever
god bless tk cr

pandapenda said:
woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo congratulations :p now comes the brutal waiting game all the best :-*

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi Amira,

Thanks for reply....my doc's were delivered on monday hope i get spouse approval soon.You are right i m also relieved after filling my application and now the brutal waiting time has begun....hope everyone get visa very soon

tk cr

Abhi

amira_mais said:
Congrats, you're an official applicant now! :) I remember how happy and relieved I was to put my own application in the mail after weeks of slaving away at it and endlessly re-organizing and revising.

Some people get an AOR from CPC-M but many don't. So the first communication could arrive only when you (or your wife?) gets sponsorship approval. Best of luck to you!

isar

Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Apr/2010
Doc's Request.
14/Jun/2010
File Transfer...
29/May/2010
Interview........
18/Aug/2010
Passport Req..
14/Jun/2010
Hello everyone,

I have a question and hope some one could help me with that.

"I heard about a new regulation that may be coming into place that would dictate that a couple would have to be married for 2 years after spousal sponsorship or the immigrant would lose his PR"

Is this true?

Thanks for the help in advance.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Guys- something weird happened!

I got a Passport Request letter twice!!!! The last one dated in "April 5th" and my lawyer just got it in the mail today (3 weeks after it was sent, just like the first one).
But the thing is that, they got my passport on March 24th (as it says through the mail tracking number from UPS), and they started processing my application on March 29th-
So WHY and HOW come they sent me another Passport Request letter dated April 5?!?!?!

My consultant sent them an email today saying that they already have my passport.

What Do you think is going on??? ??? ???
Is emailing them the best way to reach to them?

Or maybe I'm just so special that they want my passport really badly, because they are dying to give the my visa! 8)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
isar said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question and hope some one could help me with that.

"I heard about a new regulation that may be coming into place that would dictate that a couple would have to be married for 2 years after spousal sponsorship or the immigrant would lose his PR"

Is this true?

Thanks for the help in advance.
I've heard the same, and it may be true for the future.
I hope it does happen because it will
Make the process go by faster and so much easier for the future
Applicants!