+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
Good luck to Vir_ajay, singh1212 and everyone who got an interview.

Just go over all forms and make sure both of you know what you have filled in. For relationship questions, make sure you explain them in detail as you are talking about your love story. No need to make up anything...just a fact and figures..

And bring any additional proofs that you didn't send initially. eg. phone bills, emails, chat logs...

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
Does anyone have experience shipping a parcel from india to canada?
My wife will be coming here soon but she got too much stuff so she will have to ship it later..
Any restrictions on what can be shipped in parcels? Any recommended service?

I know that she will have to declare goods that will follow at immigration. But what would shipping company need to process it without us getting charge in customs??

Anybody??

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Firstly, just to let you know I haven't sent the passport voluntarily, she sent the passport to ND only after she got an email asking to submit it.
I understand your frustration. I have applied back in October and ND requested the PP on March 28th. Where as my buddy who applied on November 20th already got the visa, go figure. Exact same case, same city and no travel history. Oilers won the lottery so i hope my luck changes too :p

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Vengat

Could you please update the spreadsheet to note I received my sponsorship decision on April 10th and the file was transferred to Delhi? It took 76 long days but we're finally done with stage 1 :D

Thank you!

Doctor2011

Mar 27, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hey doctor..Can you pls share your story
Hi....Mine is a very complicated case...Actually i m 4m Gujarat n my wife is from hyderabad.she is canadian citizen...We got engaged on 8th may & official engagement ceremony on 29th may in prresence of my family members in canada..then religious customs on 9th june.We never met eachother.she didnt came to india bcoz our whole families r in north america so we planned to hav reception in canada..So,ours is a long distance relationship since 11 moths...Hope we get rid of it soon...

I applied on 25th aug 2011, They didnt sent acknolegement receipt to sponsor,On 12th dec 2011 got an email 4m ND for PPR, sent PP on 19th dec,Since then no communication,not even reply to cse & ysterde they emailed me for interview on 15th may....

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
Time to Initial Review Within 1 month

Time to Interview (if required)
Within 2 months (are they really following this timelines on interview deal)

Time to Finalization
Within 6 months

Time to Finalization is within 6 months from the date that sponsorship was approved.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Members,

I have been asking this point for long time but no one is replying please can anyone help i m filling my documents this week i need help in below mention points please

I m submitting my original Notice of Assesment so i dont have to tick point no 17 of Documents checklist right.

FOr point no 18 : i m submitting letter from my employer and paystubs do i need to tick it.

WHat about point no 19..please let me know thanks.

I paid cic online .....and on receipt do i need to write my wifes name or my name along with date of birth and clients id and address...please let me know thanks

Abhishek

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
abhi292000 said:
Halo Members,

I have been asking this point for long time but no one is replying please can anyone help i m filling my documents this week i need help in below mention points please

I m submitting my original Notice of Assesment so i dont have to tick point no 17 of Documents checklist right.

FOr point no 18 : i m submitting letter from my employer and paystubs do i need to tick it.

WHat about point no 19..please let me know thanks.

I paid cic online .....and on receipt do i need to write my wifes name or my name along with date of birth and clients id and address...please let me know thanks

Abhishek
ok sorry for late reply
for quest. 17 *( its for option c printout) if you have provided option-c tick the box. but if you didnt attached option-c dont tick and write a good explanation letter for not providing option-c and attach with your application.
quest. 18. you are providing letter from your employer so tick that box in front of 18.
quest 19. this line is to provide alternatives of option-c, like, interest income, savings, investment, any other income, business income
if you have any of these then tick the box in front of that line
on payment receipt put sponsors details
hope this help
best of luck

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
vir_ajay said:
i know,

but i see some point from ND side,
- why we married in Thailand and
- why register marriage and
- why no one from both side family, in marriage.

and i also applied for TRV for Canada which got refused and then we went to Thailand and got married...
but i am not afraid of interview, by this way i can prove them that our relationship is total genuine ...
my E-case is still showing only "application received "

is any body know how much time takes for visa after Interview...???

Oh wow, I didn't realize that no one in your family and her family came to the wedding, since it was registered! Ok, now I see the reason why you got an interview. Of course, do not be afraid, if you have nothing to hide, the interview should be a breeze!

I see that it varies of how long it takes for you to get your Visa after interview. Look at Yug and Gwat, they have been waiting for so long, since interview!!

I would personally hate and DO NOT want to get an interview, because you never know how long they will take after that, and also- I'm in the USA and my passport is in India! But I'm sure that they won't interview us. The only thing is that we had our huge wedding in the USA, but that's because My family and I have been living here for the past 25 years!!! So no reason to have the wedding in India.

@ Singh1212.... why are you asking people what reason you should give for why you married your wife, even though she has a child and is older than you? You should ASK THIS QUESTION TO YOURSELF- AND BE TRUE TO YOURSELF. Ask yourself, why you married her... and your answer is right there! No one knows the answer to that question BUT YOU! Be confident. and they also give you an option to speak in Punjabi

@ Vengat.... Where have you been?? Did you run off to Canada with your Visa? :p

@ Singhston... good to have you back on here dude. You got some valid points as well.

@ Srini.... Hooray to you for taking a step, and it's good that you got an answer back. Don't worry, we will get our visa's this month :D

@ Doctor.... Good luck with the interview, you can look a little back on this forum to search for sample questions of the interview, but remember that any question can be asked... just tell your wife to be confident and explain the situation and your story the best you can... tell her to take all proofs with her... chats, phone call history, emails, etc.!!!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
pandapenda said:
btw my ecas still just shows application received and medicals received...no in progress....i am hoping for a miraculous change directly to DM :p
Anything is possible!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
whizbee said:
Hey guys!

My husband got approved as the sponsor today. Can someone update my info on the spreadsheet? Thaaanksssss. :D :D

Also, according to CIC my application reached on the 19th not 18th so can that be corrected too?
Congrats!! all the best :) keep updating us. Our spreadsheet guy has gone away recently.... don't know where he is.. :'(

vir_ajay

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
sent by mail on 19/11/2011 which i never got it....then found it by case enquiry on 23/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
newdelhi2011 said:
Good luck to Vir_ajay, singh1212 and everyone who got an interview.

Just go over all forms and make sure both of you know what you have filled in. For relationship questions, make sure you explain them in detail as you are talking about your love story. No need to make up anything...just a fact and figures..

And bring any additional proofs that you didn't send initially. eg. phone bills, emails, chat logs...

thanks Newdelhi....

do u know , ND does BC after interview or its will be done by Interview.???

and generally how long its take for DM after Interview ???

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
pandapenda said:
@ CandaiansWife: That's the thing...my application never went to "In Process" like NewDelhi however yours did. NewDelhi just got stuck on backgrd checks because of travel to the UK so hopefully yours is just stuck on that...I dunno but if that is the case...it can't take much longer can it :p

I'm so worried about our case ??? my husband has lots of travel history and to top it off they asked for info which we sent them but they still haven't change the status to in progress....really waiting for those CAIP notes we ordered.....

u just forget the whole thing and have a nice time w ur husband get a golden tan while ur in orlando :D
Hey let us know what those CAIPS notes say. What documents did they request from you guys??

Thanks! I'm trying really hard not to think about this process and just focus on the upcoming trip and seeing my husband, but it's really hard. It would be so cool that while he is here, my status goes to "Decsion Made" :) Especially when two people from this forum, who applied like the same week as me, got their visa within like a month!! :eek:

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
indian_spouse said:
hi!

how do i check my application status for my file at new delhi VO?
where to log in, using what..? pls guide.
thanks!
I Indian Spouse, use your Immigration Number that CIC-M gave in the sponsorship approval letter (not the UCI#) go here .... https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en and then click on the "Continue" button, and then next page, check the box in the bottom, and click "Continue" and then enter your information.... and there you go. You should be able to log in and see the status. Make sure you LogOut each time, as it's very private and important information.

That website link I gave you is from the CIC website... so to go on it next time, go to the CIC main website and then on the right hand side of the page, click on "Check Application Status" and it will bring you to the link I gave you.

Let me know if you have any problems logging in

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
singhson said:
If you want you can check CIC's quarterly report and will see ND actually is probably one of the better visa offices. In fact they issue 100 spousal visas a day! Just imagine how many applications they are processing everyday. It doesn't take long to process the application its just time it takes to move through the queue cause of the high volumes. India is ranked second with number of immigrants coming to canada every year. As for competition its hard when each county has its own sovereignty unless you want to go to another country. Just kidding  Don't get too stressed out. You will get your visa. Not sure about your timeline but give it 7 months from start to finish.
Hey!! How's it going? When you said that the CIC-ND issues "100 spousal visas a day" That made me feel so much better. What is the link to all these statistics?

You got any light to shine on my case? It's pretty much very straight forward, my husband and I are on the same level... when it comes to culture and religion... him being born and bought up in Canada, and me being bought up in the USA. We have seen each other twice since the wedding (July 2011)... but overall 9 times, and will be seeing each other again in 2 weeks and even going to Orlando for a week, for our honeymoon... and we sent the flight details with the passport when they requested it.
The only thing I would say that stands out in the application is that, I don't live in India, and have been living in the US for the past 25 years, and I'm here on a work permit basis. Also we got married in the US... go figure! Also, his dad wasn't able to attend the wedding because he was sick for so many years (and passed away in December...which says in the application when they asked for the parents address).
Do you think that would be a problem for them? If they see aside from that.... our relationship clearly shows that it is very genuine.
I have NO travel history (other than coming to the US when I was 6months old... which doesn't count because I wasn't 18), but I sent in the FBI stuff with the passport.