+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
lovergirl said:
Hi shamsia am so confused at this point coz i got PPR last month itself and i had sent my passport and now they are asking me to come ND for finger prints my question is (they could have asked finger prints when they sent PPR . and am wondering how long it would take coz they gave me a date of March 11th to come for finger prints ...can u or someone plz plz advice how long it will take from then....am in tears as in april its our first anniv and i want to be there and this wait and processing is really tiring
Hey, dont be tensed! I know, easier said than done! But first things first, dont put a timeframe on when you want the visa, because you never know with ND. In fact, life is unpredictable like that...so dont get yourself more tensed up by wanting things to happen according to plan, just go with the flow! :)

If it helps, I missed out on the visa way back in Nov cos ND never sent me that PPR in September. I could have totally made it to Canada before our first wedding anniversary on Jan 7th. Yes, it did hurt, but I'm concentrating on the other anniversaries we are going to have. :) I know perfectly well how you feel, but sometimes you need to make that conscious effort to be happy :)

As for how much time it will take, we can only make an educated guess. But hopefully not too long, unless they have any doubts about your stay in Canada (which is more likely the case here). So tell me, did you stay for over 6 months? And more importantly, did you overstay?

And dont worry, these things take time. Just hang in there :)

@ singhson: I like your perspective on the whole thing. You are right, sometimes if your name matches with someone else's then you would have to go through all this rigmarole. It should be solved eventually. Not a problem!

All the best lovergirl :)

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Suni123 said:
so for those who are still waiting, hang in there. it will come right to you. all you need is patience that i failed to convince even my wife to have.
Good luck..
Congrats Suni!! It is amazing, and I am sure the moment you heard the words visa your anger and frustration would have been buried

lovergirl

Aug 3, 2011
Thanks u shamsia yes i think the key to this is only PATIENCE ??? congrats and i appreciate the patience u have had ....have a blessed life ahead !! Cheers !! :)

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
lovergirl said:
YEs it was way back like 4 years back ....can u plz tell me how long will they take after finger printing is done ...any idea
I would agree with shamsia.
Don't question why this n why not this to ND.
Do what is best for you in this situation, which is to go asap to ND with your letter and give them your fprints.
I don't know how long it would take for your canadian BC but I can assure you that it's normal for them to ask for that if you have lived in canada.
At least be happy that they are working on your case and things are moving.....

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
Suni123 said:
Hi every one......good news...

okay so...does this sound like a bollywood event to you guys? so i was on the way to mumbai from canada to see my wife who is from delhi. we had decided to meet in mumbai. so after i got out of the airport, i kept looking for her all around but couldn't find her. then getting mad and impatient, i called her and asked her where at the airport she is. she replied she is in delhi. i was like what the hell. why? then she said she got the visa!!!! these all happened only in between 11 hrs or so when i wasnt in touch with her while i was litrally on my flight. so yeah my wife finally got the visa. i am a june applicant and yes, no interview. the status remains unchanged, still in process. anyways, so for those who are still waiting, hang in there. it will come right to you. all you need is patience that i failed to convince even my wife to have.

Good luck..
Congratulations Suni!!!

True Bollywood ishtyle (not style) story :D :D :D

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
CanadiansWife said:
Thank you for the information.

Anyone has statistics on how long they have taken to issue a visa after requesting your passport? Siva, you have an answer for this one? 8)
As per my observations, From the date of PPR, the file is reopened after 45 days and if everything is straight forward as per the CHC agent working on the case, visa is issued in the next 15 days. So after PPR it generally takes 2 to 2.5 months. Again it varies from case to case. Lets hope for the best! :) :) :)

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
Hello shamsia, how you doing? I read you are going to Saudi Arab? When you coming to Canada?

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
Suni123 said:
Hi every one......good news...

okay so...does this sound like a bollywood event to you guys? so i was on the way to mumbai from canada to see my wife who is from delhi. we had decided to meet in mumbai. so after i got out of the airport, i kept looking for her all around but couldn't find her. then getting mad and impatient, i called her and asked her where at the airport she is. she replied she is in delhi. i was like what the hell. why? then she said she got the visa!!!! these all happened only in between 11 hrs or so when i wasnt in touch with her while i was litrally on my flight. so yeah my wife finally got the visa. i am a june applicant and yes, no interview. the status remains unchanged, still in process. anyways, so for those who are still waiting, hang in there. it will come right to you. all you need is patience that i failed to convince even my wife to have.

Good luck..

Congrats Suni !!!!

Could you please share your timeline for the benefit of others !

Thank you.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
shamsia said:
Hey, dont be tensed! I know, easier said than done! But first things first, dont put a timeframe on when you want the visa, because you never know with ND. In fact, life is unpredictable like that...so dont get yourself more tensed up by wanting things to happen according to plan, just go with the flow! :)

If it helps, I missed out on the visa way back in Nov cos ND never sent me that PPR in September. I could have totally made it to Canada before our first wedding anniversary on Jan 7th. Yes, it did hurt, but I'm concentrating on the other anniversaries we are going to have. :) I know perfectly well how you feel, but sometimes you need to make that conscious effort to be happy :)

Well Said....The most composed post that I saw so far. :)

rajneet

Nov 13, 2011
Hi guys
Yesterday my hubby received letter from CIC ND
For PPR and PCC and with request they also sent travelling information form

So in the form we have to complete the form they said also include yr family information
Where they visited and sign it and return it.

So issue is this we already sent pp and PCC with all proofs on 24 jan 2012
First sent us PPR by email and now letter.
Plz tell me wat to do? Plz give yr advice
Thanx

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suni123 said:

Good luck..
Your story put a smile on my face! Good for you and your wife ... bet you never felt so fondly toward ND in your life!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newdelhi2011 said:
As G said, it is only asked in cases where applicant has visited Canada.
Did you live in Canada before?
Interesting to hear this ... will mention this to my husband as he visited Canada 3 years ago so he may get a similar request. This forum is so wonderfully useful in knowing what to prepare for down the line. Thanks.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
lovergirl said:
Thanks u shamsia yes i think the key to this is only PATIENCE ??? congrats and i appreciate the patience u have had ....have a blessed life ahead !! Cheers !! :)
Thanks! And hang in there, everything will be alright. Good Luck! :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
hambzik said:
Hello shamsia, how you doing? I read you are going to Saudi Arab? When you coming to Canada?
Hi hambzik! Nice to see you... how are things in Canada :) Yes I am inshallah going to Saudi Arabia for about a month in March. And from there to Canada, sometime in April. Havent booked the tickets yet, have to tie up a few loose ends down here first. My mommy has PR (I used to have it before marriage too) of Saudi Arabia, so she would be returning to Saudia, while I would be going on to Canada. Since none of us would be staying here, we need to shut down the house & everything...

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
vengat83 said:
Well Said....The most composed post that I saw so far. :)
Thanks vengat! :)