+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

jack sparrow 2009

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
31ST MAY 2011
File Transfer...
8TH JUNE 2011
Interview........
12 SEP 2011
Passport Req..
12 SEP 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5th march 2012..
LANDED..........
flying on 11th march 2012.....
Nancync said:
hey guys..

Got the visa today....a phone call by cic-Nd ,officer- just confirming my mailing address to send my PP back. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee
congrats .... your wait is over..... enjoy ur time......

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Congrats Nancync. very happy for you, you must be relieved.
quick question for you (thinking about Yug's situtation) did you had to redo your meds since it took a year for ND to issue you a visa?

edit: never mind i read your other post and got my answer. so what city you'll be flying to and settling in?

Nancync said:
hey guys..

Got the visa today....a phone call by cic-Nd ,officer- just confirming my mailing address to send my PP back. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
things are going well. wife is enjoying the weather, she actually likes cooler temps like me :) so we've been doing lots of winter things outside like tobogganing. soon it will be fun to teach her how to skate.
this week her SIN will come in so that is the last piece of the puzzle for now.

mapledreams said:
@ Newdelhi2011, singhson, balibali, kuku, shamsia, siva, kannadiga, vengat, jatt_punjabi and I'm sorry if I'm forgetting anyone

Sorry was away for a conference!! Any updates for you all guys?? I was too lazy to scroll thru the thread, haha!

Is everybody's addresses still gone? FYI, ours is still missing too!! Haha!

Keep me posted guys!

Nancync

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
11-02-2011
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
21-02-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
11-01-2012 by phone
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2012
LANDED..........
hopefully...2nd week of feb
singhson said:
quick question for you (thinking about Yug's situtation) did you had to redo your meds since it took a year for ND to issue you a visa?
hey thanks singhson

yeah i think if ur medical is expired then embassy would definitly ask for ur medical again.it happened in my case so hope that Yug will also get some news from ND soon.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
so did you start packing yet? how long is your shopping list?
good thing is there is only one more blast of winter left (hopefully) and the weather will start warming up. long summer days are awesome...unless you are in TO then it sucks. hehehehehehe.

Nancync said:
hey thanks singhson

yeah i think if ur medical is expired then embassy would definitly ask for ur medical again.it happened in my case so hope that Yug will also get some news from ND soon.

Nancync

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
11-02-2011
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
21-02-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
11-01-2012 by phone
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2012
LANDED..........
hopefully...2nd week of feb
singhson said:

edit: never mind i read your other post and got my answer. so what city you'll be flying to and settling in?
edmonton

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
JATT_PUNJABI said:
Hello everyone. There is this important poll...

Minister Jason Kenney wants to stop the Parents and Grandparents stream of the Family Class Immigration program, or put limits (caps) on the number of applications CIC accepts. Just like the limits of the Federal Skilled Worker program and the moratorium (stoppage) of the Investors p...
Hello JP,
Minister Jason Lenny does not "want" to but he has already "did" it.
Please see New Delhi CHC website. They are not accepting PnGP applications any more and put a stop to it citing to clear back log.
However I will also put "kalla Vote" I have three laptops!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
JATT_PUNJABI said:
Hey Guys, Kindly give suggetions

As ND-CHC sent me PPR on 25/01/2012
now i want to resign my current job and i have to give one month advance notice to my employer.
I'm confused now wehether to resign or wait for another one month, as ND-CHC generally takes 2 months (+/- 15 days) for issuing visa after PPR.
kindly suggest.

Regards.
Jagmeet.

Dont resign now.
I did the same thing 8 years ago!

You are not going to fly the next day your visa comes!
same your notice period can be negotiated with your employer1

This is not a NATO agreement which if you violate will be a war!
Most of the bond agreements are legally not enforceable

However it is good to leave in good relations and get the experience letter.
Maybe just put a word to your boss! (you can trust a owner but you cannot trust companies)

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Nancync said:
hey guys..

Congratulations!
I read your previous posts to see why it took so long for them
I also noted that the VO called you to confirm your mailing address since you did not receive some previous mails!
that was good of them

In your opinion why do you think your case delayed so much?
is your case different?

Good luck!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Jatt_punjabi

I agree with Siva, don't resign right away!! Even after getting the visa, it takes 8-10 days to get your passport back and you can use that time to submit your resignation. I don't know how it works in India but usually, it's two weeks notice.

And yes, it's not a NATO agreement of sorts...LOL

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ nancync

I can imagine the thoughts running in your mind right now!! I have been so restless due to excitement ever since my hubs got his visa!! He is landing next Friday and believe me, I can't wait!!!

I'm prolly gonna do a "bollywood" style welcome for him at the airport, hahahahahahahaha!!!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@siva there are lots of people lobbying against this change. best thing we can do is keep voicing our concerns in a logical manner. One of the things we did was we highlighted couple key issues. One thing is with the new change to spousal PR it will increase domestic violence, as the aggressive husband who just wanted to come to Canada for a PR might torture his wife to keep her mouth shut for 2 years until he gets his PR. but the biggest issue and the root cause for why people do these kinds of scams is the time it takes for a skilled worker application to get processed. if it took reasonable time than people won't resort to pulling these wedding scams to come to canada. Other thing is that the reason lot of the money leaves canada is cause the grandparents and parents are not here with the family and it takes a long time for them to come here. I do like the idea of the super visa but that too needs to be tweaked a little bit to make it fare for everyone.

A real example that got me all furious and mad was, our very close family friend her brother in law was living in US on expired student visa, originally from Pakistan, for about 8 years, married and has 4 kids. My friend did lots of lobbying through her community and after about 3 years was able to get her brother in law here on refugee case. But now she is regretting that decision cause the whole family is abusing our social assistant program. both husband and wife are collecting social assistant and he is running a successful ebay business. and he proudly tells this to people. and there are more cases like this abusing our system hence the main population wants the gov’t to stop this abuse. Even though the current regulation says a newcomer cant rely on social assistance and if they do the sponsor has to reimburse the gov’t but some how people find loop holes and it hurts everyone

sivathegreat said:
Singhson, Thanks for the article.
But it is no surprise for me.
I know the conservative minds and the "Bum" Jason Kenney

"...But they have deprived newcomers of the family support they need to integrate successfully, off-loaded responsibility for immigration, and given Canada a harsher, more forbidding face.

As Kenney struggles to regain control of his file, Canadians can judge the trade-offs he has made and the overtly self-interested immigration system that has emerged.."

So Kenny wants to put a stop to the "dollar outflow"????
he think Canada is losing wealth?

How contradicted Mr. Kenny is?

He has stopped PandGP applications, no more he said.
The number of Family Visas have been reduced..

Wont it create more "dollar outflow"?
if parents and grand parents are still out there, wont I need to send money to them?

The politicians are not so dumb not to think of it.
It is the "politcal choices" and politics is full of garbage

People when you vote next time see through your politician and the party!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
make a video and upload it on youtube. its the new hip thing now :)

mapledreams said:
@ nancync

I can imagine the thoughts running in your mind right now!! I have been so restless due to excitement ever since my hubs got his visa!! He is landing next Friday and believe me, I can't wait!!!

I'm prolly gonna do a "bollywood" style welcome for him at the airport, hahahahahahahaha!!!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ singhson

hehehehehe...please don't put ideas in my mind..LOL ;)