+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

aman3151

Aug 1, 2011
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 March 2011
File Transfer...
5 April 2011
Med's Done....
21 december 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
18 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
10 oct
LANDED..........
24 oct
sunnysybarite said:
congrats aman........now all ur confusions are finally over.....have a great and happy future in canada....good luck!!!!!
thanks sunny...ya i was so scared and nervous....but now so relived...
good luck to you too

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hi guys

This is my first post. I came across this forum couple weeks ago. After reading few pages it was little comforting to know that my wife and I are not alone in this process, that it seems we all are going through the same experiences and anxieties. I applied for my wife end of march and the Mississauga office received it on apr 1st (jokes on me, this should’ve been the first hint…lol). File was transferred to New delhi may 18th, got the letter for passport first week of june and passport was received by the ND office june 7th. Online status updated to in process, medical received june 20th and since then nothing.

I was little concerned so I asked my MP to look into it, and within 24 hours found out that they have all the paperwork and they are doing background check. He checked end of august and it was in “final review” I think that’s just a diplomatic word for saying the immigration officer hasn’t touched the file but all the paperwork is there. We are still waiting but I am coming to India to see my wife, I have never celebrated Diwali in india (partially cause only been to india couple times before I met her, in last 2 years been down there more often).

On a side note, I know there were few changes made to immigration policies in may and that has created some backlog, plus harper gov’t has put through a new PR system like in Australia which means new immigrants will have to wait for 2 years after migrating to Canada before getting a full PR Status, this is to tackle all the fake marriages, which in my opinion will hurt the legit people lot more than the scammers cause they will always find loop holes. This new policy was supposed to come in effect this year but due to elections I think this will come in effect starting 2012.

aman3151

Aug 1, 2011
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 March 2011
File Transfer...
5 April 2011
Med's Done....
21 december 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
18 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
10 oct
LANDED..........
24 oct
singhson said:
Hi guys

This is my first post. I came across this forum couple weeks ago. After reading few pages it was little comforting to know that my wife and I are not alone in this process, that it seems we all are going through the same experiences and anxieties. I applied for my wife end of march and the Mississauga office received it on apr 1st (jokes on me, this should've been the first hint...lol). File was transferred to New delhi may 18th, got the letter for passport first week of june and passport was received by the ND office june 7th. Online status updated to in process, medical received june 20th and since then nothing.

I was little concerned so I asked my MP to look into it, and within 24 hours found out that they have all the paperwork and they are doing background check. He checked end of august and it was in “final review” I think that's just a diplomatic word for saying the immigration officer hasn't touched the file but all the paperwork is there. We are still waiting but I am coming to India to see my wife, I have never celebrated Diwali in india (partially cause only been to india couple times before I met her, in last 2 years been down there more often).

On a side note, I know there were few changes made to immigration policies in may and that has created some backlog, plus harper gov't has put through a new PR system like in Australia which means new immigrants will have to wait for 2 years after migrating to Canada before getting a full PR Status, this is to tackle all the fake marriages, which in my opinion will hurt the legit people lot more than the scammers cause they will always find loop holes. This new policy was supposed to come in effect this year but due to elections I think this will come in effect starting 2012.
welcome to the thread..

your story is same as others...means same frustration on new delhi visa officers..
from your time lines its sure that u must be at end of your six month processing time..
so try to consult mp again..may be this time you get something..
have u paid the landing fee??cos this fee created delay in my case..
hope for best and enjoy dis diwali with your spouse

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
you're a night owl aman...lol. Yeah i paid all the fees upfront. My mp is pretty nice and he will launch an inquiry if we don't get the visa by nov 18th. It would suck if the visa comes after i come back from my visit, I will have to make another quick trip...lol. i wonder if everyone who has been waiting for so long, if all our cases are being handled by the the same person who is just way to slow :)

aman3151 said:
welcome to the thread..

your story is same as others...means same frustration on new delhi visa officers..
from your time lines its sure that u must be at end of your six month processing time..
so try to consult mp again..may be this time you get something..
have u paid the landing fee??cos this fee created delay in my case..
hope for best and enjoy dis diwali with your spouse

thisisabsurd

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2011
File Transfer...
June 20, 2011
Med's Done....
April 06, 2011
Passport Req..
September 19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 14, 2011
LANDED..........
October 22, 2011
Hey singson welcome to the thread I was almost in the same boat as you i came to india at the end of september while the file was in process thinking if it dont workout i might have to leave alone but god was on our side in 15 fifteen days of landing my wife got her passport with VISA i hope you get yours too it would be an awesome DIWALI for you Wish you and your spouse Happy Diwali and Best Wishes!!

bc_karan

May 7, 2011
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if PR card arrives in 6-8 weeks like they say or it takes longer?

Also if someone who just landed in Canada and waiting for PR card to arrive in mail needs to go outside
Canada for any emergency, how can they enter canada back?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
you will receive it after 2-3 months.
if u want to go outside canada then you can get a "Travel document" from nearest CHC
check out the following:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

the other option is that if its emergency then check the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent

i hope if it helps!!

bc_karan said:
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if PR card arrives in 6-8 weeks like they say or it takes longer?

Also if someone who just landed in Canada and waiting for PR card to arrive in mail needs to go outside
Canada for any emergency, how can they enter canada back?

Thanks

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hey guys i m writing this problem on behalf of aman as she isnt at home
as we all knowtht she received her pp back with visa, now problem is tht she has her first name aman** kaur n last name m** on pp but on visa n cops she has aman** as first name n kaur as last name which is nt same as pp. on pp last name is m**. while she was booking ticket travel agent told her tht it may becm problem for her b4 check in at airport. has any1 faces this kind of problem........wht can we do now? plz reply its urgent as she has to book ticket...

i think it shudnt b a problem bcoz th pp is same n more over on visa she got her pic n other info like dob etc. which is same as pp
n we dont have any better option then this
bcoz if we talk to nd abt it n they get ready to correct the mistake n put a new visa on pp, it will take too much time, we can try to go nd personally but as we know they dont handle enquiries personally so 1st email them n wait 4 reply n then if they get agree dont know how much time they ll take to issue a new visa

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't think der will be any problem guri....
jst say her to book ticket under the name as written on passport...
everything be alrite!!!!!!!

harry_canada

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
Mississauga and New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march.24.2011
File Transfer...
april.27.2011
Med's Done....
jan.20.2011
Interview........
july.05.2011
Passport Req..
may.27.2011
VISA ISSUED...
13.oct.2011
LANDED..........
yug said:
NO updates on ECAS today as well... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
didnt get my pp today.. :mad:

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry u going to get it in 1-2days....
u can book ur ticket for weekend...
gd luck

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
gwalyat said:
hey guys i m writing this problem on behalf of aman as she isnt at home
as we all knowtht she received her pp back with visa, now problem is tht she has her first name aman** kaur n last name m** on pp but on visa n cops she has aman** as first name n kaur as last name which is nt same as pp. on pp last name is m**. while she was booking ticket travel agent told her tht it may becm problem for her b4 check in at airport. has any1 faces this kind of problem........wht can we do now? plz reply its urgent as she has to book ticket...

i think it shudnt b a problem bcoz th pp is same n more over on visa she got her pic n other info like dob etc. which is same as pp
n we dont have any better option then this
bcoz if we talk to nd abt it n they get ready to correct the mistake n put a new visa on pp, it will take too much time, we can try to go nd personally but as we know they dont handle enquiries personally so 1st email them n wait 4 reply n then if they get agree dont know how much time they ll take to issue a new visa
As per ruling Its clearly mentioned that if there is any mistakes in the visa documents issued to the applicants has to be notified the same immediately for rectification or clarification before travel and I disagree with the members who ever suggest her to book the tickets and kindly don't ever put some one in trouble please.

I Invite your kind attention to the S.No 1 & 18 @ form No IMM 0008 is clearly mentioned to specify the name as shown in the the PP and its cross linked with the Passport Number !

Kind advice say her inform to CHC ND accordingly please.

Regards and wishes,

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
actually u r rite borntowin....
sometimes i m so confused abt u that u know everything abt candian emabassy law....
do u have sm1 wrking der or its u wrking der???????? lol