+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
indian_spouse said:
How many days it takes to get GCIM notes?
Mine took 40 days, so do this scan the document after filling & signing and send it via email ( include the receipts),Also send the postal mail following that.

for me postal service killed around 15 day :(

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dreamsca said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.
Got the answers to all my questions

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
mapplelover said:
I received my gcms notes today.

I see that
Security clearance : not started
Criminality clearance : in progress

Can someone tell the difference between these two checks ?
Hello Mapplelover,

Looks like we both have the same GCMS notes, could you please let me know if your case has some travel history?

Rangagal

Feb 6, 2012
I would like to apply GCMS to get an update on my wife's application. Should I get signature from her? Can you guys help me in filling these two forms. thanks

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
aniadoor said:
Thanks SBDelhi,

I figured out what delayed me, there was no enough photos of the crowed attended the wedding and the parish. So they asked for more photos. after the request they checked my file only after 1.5 month :(. now waiting for security and criminality, But do you guys know what exactly that means, I thought both are same.

So as said everyone with the status 'In Process' has their eligibility Passed ;D
ha ha...dont come to a conclusion that it might have caused the delay..it might be or it might be not !
in my case, I submitted ample photos of all the relationships and the VO have also written notes that enough photos have been provided and they passed the eligibility.

Even then, my case is delayed !
there is no apparent reason for it.

atleast, not in GCMS notes.

to me, both security and criminality checks have not been started (as of April 24, cas thats when the GCMS notes were generated).

we cant be sure why there is a delay.

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
I wish your spouse gets visa soooon!!!
Does she have heavy travel history?

vengat83 said:
ha ha...dont come to a conclusion that it might have caused the delay..it might be or it might be not !
in my case, I submitted ample photos of all the relationships and the VO have also written notes that enough photos have been provided and they passed the eligibility.

to me, both security and criminality checks have not been started (as of April 24, cas thats when the GCMS notes were generated).

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
indian_spouse said:
I wish your spouse gets visa soooon!!!
Does she have heavy travel history?
yes she does....not a big history to speak.
Just a week trip to malaysia for our honeymoon, thats about it.
we have provided ample proofs for our stay, return, etc,...
VO have also made notes of all those things.

Rangagal

Feb 6, 2012
Hi Vengat83,

Can u help me how to apply for GCMS. I want to know the process status abt my wife's application in New Delhi.

[/quote]

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
Rangagal said:
Hi Vengat83,

Can u help me how to apply for GCMS. I want to know the process status abt my wife's application in New Delhi.
when did you apply ?
what is your timeline ?

Rangagal

Feb 6, 2012
Hi

Applied to CPC -Missisauga - Oct 28,2011
Approved and file transferred - Jan 10,2012
My wife's passport received by ND office - Mar 22,2012
Latest reply from them - file is under final review queue received on May 02,2012 and then no reply sofar. No status change still shows "in process"

I saw ur thread. U got GCMS stating abt ur wife's PR application. You are in the same time line as of mine. thats why I like to go for GCMS

Thanks

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
Rangagal said:
Hi

Applied to CPC -Missisauga - Oct 28,2011
Approved and file transferred - Jan 10,2012
My wife's passport received by ND office - Mar 22,2012
Latest reply from them - file is under final review queue received on May 02,2012 and then no reply sofar. No status change still shows "in process"

I saw ur thread. U got GCMS stating abt ur wife's PR application. You are in the same time line as of mine. thats why I like to go for GCMS

Thanks
I am almost in the same timeline as yours !
When did you got your Passport request from New Delhi ?

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
Rangagal said:
PPR on Feb 02,2012 and we travelled back to India and sent the passport to New delhi
Since it shows 'In Process' for you, I am assuming that you might have passed the eligibility criteria.
If you (applicant) have any foreign travels, then it 'might' take a while for them to do necessary verification (which is the only guess here for the delay, not 100% fact ! ).
I am in the same boat.
You can try applying for GCMS notes, but I am wondering if you will get any useful info in that !
What I would recommend is try contact your MP !
you get to know your MP using this site:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx

Visit his/her office personally, get the formalities done and they will help you in contacting ND on your behalf and you will likely get a reply in a week's time.

And then you can try GCMS which will take about 6 weeks to get reply (by that time I am guessing you might even get your visa!)

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
HELLO EVERYONE
HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME HERE I SUBMITTED MY PASSPORT ON 26 TH FEB AND AFTER TWO MONTHS WAIT MY WIFE WENT TO MLA IN CANADA AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY ARE DOING A BACKROUND CHECK AND IT HAS BEEN A MONTH NOW DOES ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHATS GOING ON WITH MY APPLICATION I LIVED IN CANADA FOR 5 YEARS AS STUDENT AND RETURNED AFTER MY VISA EXPIRED IN NOV 2011
THANKS
MUMPY

Rangagal

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks for your reply Vengat83. I contacted my MP as well. Its all in the process and we are tired of waiting. Thats why I would like to give a try on GCMS. I even called CIC toll free number. They said the same what u said now. So let us wait. Thanks again. Wish u all the best.