+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
amira_mais said:
Oh yes, that's also a good idea.

On another note, once you went to "in process", is that when the applicant's address showed up on ecas? I am the sponsor and ecas shows only my home address right now; nothing for my husband.
Hi Amira,

I m the sponsor and my canadian adress is showing up right now on Ecase even after it went to Inrpocess and not my wife's address...

magnolia

Aug 24, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
App. Filed.......
04-20-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Hi kiwinijjar,

Yup, my spouse does have travel history. We have gone past the 6 months only because we were asked for additional documents, my spouse sent in what they requested. Then the weirdest but more like scary thing happened, they decided to send my spouse another reminder for the same additional documents again. How can this be....how does this happen??? Anyways we are now waiting, hoping to hear good news anytime soon!! But what others on this forum have mentioned is quite true you really don't know what ND is thinking or how they are handling your file...you could be lucky or even stuck for a few months or even more.

Lets hear some good news :)

kiwinijjar said:
Does anyone else here have a spouse with travel history?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanipanjakadi said:
Hi Amira,

I m the sponsor and my canadian adress is showing up right now on Ecase even after it went to Inrpocess and not my wife's address...
Hmm, I'm a bit confused then ... a number of previous posters mentioned that at some point on ecas their Indian address changed to their spouse's Canadian address. So I'm wondering (1) where the Indian address showed up originally and (2) when it changed over... anyone?

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
ashunandal said:
hi vengat
i am talking about "newdelhi2011"
newdelhi2011
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: New Delhi
App. Filed.......: 29-08-2011
File Transfer...: 08-11-2011
Med's Done....: july 2011
Passport Req..: 14-12-2011
decision made: 31-03-2012
they just got visa before 15-20 days i think and they told us about travel history here on this forum. i dont know anything else about them(not sure about kids and how long they are married).
i hope you will get your visa soon
best of luck
ND2011 was waiting along with many applicants who applied in the same aug time frame (like kuku, mukal, etc)...when kuku, mukal, etc got their visas, even some september applicants started getting....even at that time ND2011 didnt get his visa...he got only after a month at the end of March (and overall it took about 7 months for ND2011). So it "could" be because of his background checks, otherwise I think he might have got it along with others during Feb 18-19 timeframe itself. Just my thoughts though, we cant be certain about background checks.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
amira_mais said:
Hmm, I'm a bit confused then ... a number of previous posters mentioned that at some point on ecas their Indian address changed to their spouse's Canadian address. So I'm wondering (1) where the Indian address showed up originally and (2) when it changed over... anyone?
The canadian address appearing in the applicants ecas just before DM "was" happening....Not anymore !

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
amira_mais said:
My husband spent 2 years in Australia and 1 year in UK. For this reason, I expect our processing will be slower than Srinivas for example, I believe his wife has never travelled outside India. So I'm preparing to be patient (not my strong suit)... :(

Kiwinijjar, do you want to add your timeline to your profile and the spreadsheet? It helps to figure out who our nearest batchmates are :)
Always prepare to be patient, esp in case of foreign travels, etc..

There is certainly a good thing in our cases...We WILL get the visa for sure. They HAVE to open all our cases (no matter when), but they should respond to each and every one of us and they will (but in their own time). So just dont bother about it and do your usual stuff, believe me, more than us, ND will be keen on closing as many cases as possible and they will give our visas automatically.

UNLIKE other categories, where getting visa itself is a big question mark, in our cases, its just a matter of time. We are better off than many other families, who are waiting to go to canada or US (or settle there with greencard).

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
My husband just paid the RPRF fees. Does anyone know if I need to call the visa office to let them know? Or can we just send an email? And if yes, then what email id should I send the details to?

Thanks in advance for your help!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vengat83 said:
Always prepare to be patient, esp in case of foreign travels, etc..

There is certainly a good thing in our cases...We WILL get the visa for sure. They HAVE to open all our cases (no matter when), but they should respond to each and every one of us and they will (but in their own time). So just dont bother about it and do your usual stuff, believe me, more than us, ND will be keen on closing as many cases as possible and they will give our visas automatically.

UNLIKE other categories, where getting visa itself is a big question mark, in our cases, its just a matter of time. We are better off than many other families, who are waiting to go to canada or US (or settle there with greencard).
You're right; it's easy to overlook the fact that we are better off than other applicant categories. I was starting to feel a bit like pandapenda .... as in uggghhh, how to make Delhi hurry up ... but now I'm regrouping. Thanks for the reminder. :)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whizbee said:
My husband just paid the RPRF fees. Does anyone know if I need to call the visa office to let them know? Or can we just send an email? And if yes, then what email id should I send the details to?

whizbee, I'm not sure an email will do since Delhi needs the actual RPRF receipt as proof of payment. Whether you paid online or in some other fashion, you should have a receipt. May be better to mail it with a copy of the PPR letter (since it was asked therein) and indicate that you'd like your file updated with the record of payment. If you haven't sent your passport yet, you could send all of this together in one package.

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
whizbee said:

You should send one copy to mississauga and or fax one also. Keep in mind it will take upto 6 weeks for Mississauga to update it. I paid mine on March 26th and they have not have record yet.

Veerappaneni

Apr 30, 2012
Not able to do my medical tests..

Hi all,

I got a mail on April 16th for the medical tests to be done for the processing of visa, but when we went to the hospital they said principal applicant and the dependents should have different UCI nos. But we have only one File no and one uci number.
Cant the medical test be done with one file and uci no..
Please help???

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Dear All.....Finally...Its Finally Over

"We received your application for permanent residence on January 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on March 26, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."
Congrats! enjoy and stay blessed!

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
hi all!
something weird has happened.
i checked my file status...
i used my spouse's client id.. and checked.. wherein already under sponsorship status- it showed- Decision Made and for Permanent Residence Application Status- it said application received. now they have again updated my name... and now it says even under Sponsorship Application Status- application received and under Permanent Residence Application Status- application received. now when i log in using immigration file no. to check my status.. twice my name is added.. this has been recent development...
what to do???

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
HNIC said:
You should send one copy to mississauga and or fax one also. Keep in mind it will take upto 6 weeks for Mississauga to update it. I paid mine on March 26th and they have not have record yet.
amira_mais said:
whizbee, I'm not sure an email will do since Delhi needs the actual RPRF receipt as proof of payment. Whether you paid online or in some other fashion, you should have a receipt. May be better to mail it with a copy of the PPR letter (since it was asked therein) and indicate that you'd like your file updated with the record of payment. If you haven't sent your passport yet, you could send all of this together in one package.
Thanks guys!

When I told my husband that we should mail a copy, he linked me to this. What do you guys think? I am confused!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp

To Pay or Request Refund of RPRF: If the Visa Office has instructed your relative(s) to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) or if you wish to request a refund of RPRF which you have already paid (refunds can only be issued after you have declined your right of appeal), you may send a copy of the Official Receipt via email by selecting one of the links below. Please include the Sponsor's name, date of birth, and UCI Number or Application Number if known.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
when I got the PPR from ND, it had mentioned to pay the RPRF fees.

I paid it online, took two copies of the receipt.
Filled up the information in both of them.
I mailed one copy of receipt to CPC-M through Canada Post
I mailed another copy of receipt to the ND along with the passport.