+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
for valentine's day...go to banff. I am going there for our anniversary on the 16th.

as for getting the cake, it wasnt easy. Since it was a last minute plan for me to go to india it didnt give me much time. Our return flight was insane route, Delhi Bombay heathrow edmonton. up to london was jet airways and from london it was air canada. I phone jet airways and didn't get anywhere, the people on the phone were rude, then i got hold of their guest relations email, I emailed them but they said they don't allow anything like this as its against rules blah blah blah. then I phoned air canada, the lady transferred me to someone in their P&GA (or was it marketing) dept and then got to their hospitality dept. The guy was very cooperative, he said cake might not be possible but can do cupcakes or something. I offered to order the cake myself and get it delivered to them but he said no outside food allowed as its a security risk. Couple days later he said cake wont be possible but will bring two cupcakes and he will write on the plate "welcome home sweetie" but to my surprise they did bring a small cake with that caption. the best thing was my wife thought they were giving it to the wrong person, she said no thanks no cake for me. hahahahahahaha.

gursikhphysio said:
@ singhson brilliant idea. I am also very curious to know how you were able to manage it.

Anybody has any good ideas for valentine day???

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
singhson said:
for valentine's day...go to banff. I am going there for our anniversary on the 16th.

as for getting the cake, it wasnt easy. Since it was a last minute plan for me to go to india it didnt give me much time. Our return flight was insane route, Delhi Bombay heathrow edmonton. up to london was jet airways and from london it was air canada. I phone jet airways and didn't get anywhere, the people on the phone were rude, then i got hold of their guest relations email, I emailed them but they said they don't allow anything like this as its against rules blah blah blah. then I phoned air canada, the lady transferred me to someone in their P&GA (or was it marketing) dept and then got to their hospitality dept. The guy was very cooperative, he said cake might not be possible but can do cupcakes or something. I offered to order the cake myself and get it delivered to them but he said no outside food allowed as its a security risk. Couple days later he said cake wont be possible but will bring two cupcakes and he will write on the plate "welcome home sweetie" but to my surprise they did bring a small cake with that caption. the best thing was my wife thought they were giving it to the wrong person, she said no thanks no cake for me. hahahahahahaha.
Awwwww, that's sooo sooooo sweet! :)

vir_ajay

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
sent by mail on 19/11/2011 which i never got it....then found it by case enquiry on 23/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
singhson said:

thats so romantic and sweet.. 8) 8) 8)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
mapledreams said:
@ Shamsia

LOL! This forum needs to have a "Like" button!! Like Like Like your comment!!
Haha lol, but facebook does. Arent you on facebook? ::) Would love to stay in touch with you :)

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
singhson said:

Singhson, that was awesome. The idea of giving a cake in the flight is really innovative. Great job buddy.

eb1

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
roger.federer1983 said:
Thanks all.

looking at @ singhson's post.. and after hearing cases where PR card photos get rejected and you need to reappear for landing.

We are thinking of applying for a travel document.
how easy is to apply for travel document from new delhi ?
Is it straightforward. ? Do we need a strong reason to apply for a travel document ?
Since my wife is going back we were thinking of getting the travel document to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
RF

Hi Roger

I suggestnot to go through thr travel document chanel, I don't think she will get the travel document becuase she already has applied for a PR, it will be a waste of money and resources. The travel document is only given if your current visa expires and if you want an extention on it . It is only given if you stayed minimum two years in canada or on humanatarian grounds. I know of my friend's husband who got his visa came here in toronto stayed for three weeks and left, my friend got the PR and sent it to him in india via someone going there. You can try that I am pretty sure it will be fine, or call CIC office and ask for guidance. Please make sure though that the person carrying the PR card is someone you can fully trust.

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
rozine said:
@ cubesd
what does your status say in ECAS? does it say in process? If yes, may I know when did it change to "in process" ? I applied in July too. Recently it changed to in process. Its closer to 7 months now..so i thought they would have waived interview and wouldn't request any other document ::)
Still as application received, but I am not surprised as she got a call Thursday afternoon/Evening and we all know how they work over the wknd. I think you should be good to go since it says in process. Expect it pretty soon :)

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
FYI, CIC website will be down on Sat so save time checking the ecas :)

NOTE: Due to regular maintenance, CIC online services will not be available Saturday, February 4, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. EST to 1:00 p.m. EST.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
thanks bud. on the flip side i might have set the bar too high (no pun intended) for all other special occassions...lol. now need to figure out what to do for the anniversary. coming up in 2 weeks

ajy457 said:
Singhson, that was awesome. The idea of giving a cake in the flight is really innovative. Great job buddy.

B

balibali

I SAW SOMEBODY HERE WHO GOT A PHONE INTERVIEW AFTER PPR.
HOW COMMON IS THAT ?
SHOULD I TELL MY WIFE TO KEEP HER PHONE IN THE VICINITY ALL THE TIME ?
AFTER THE PPR WE THOUGHT - INTERVIEW IS WAIVED !!!!!

SIVATHEGREAT - - - SHED SOME LIGHT !

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
balibali,

They do call sometimes to verify information. As this applicant didn't send all pictures with application, they called to verify and to request more pics. They would sometimes just call to verify address at later stage too.

singhson,

Good story about cake. Now we are all waiting for MD to share her story. :D

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
balibali said:
I SAW SOMEBODY HERE WHO GOT A PHONE INTERVIEW AFTER PPR.
HOW COMMON IS THAT ?..

SIVATHEGREAT - - - SHED SOME LIGHT !
hello BB I know nothing about telephone interview.
I am in the same boat with you.

As far as your message is concerned.
No impact expected. Spouse sponsorship Finance is not a critirea as long as you are not in Social Assistance!

B

balibali

singhson said:
thanks bud. on the flip side i might have set the bar too high (no pun intended) for all other special occassions...lol. now need to figure out what to do for the anniversary. coming up in 2 weeks
u set the cake factory up too high man :) .... ur anniversary party has to be on a cruise ship or on the moon to beat this :D

B

balibali

sivathegreat said:
hello BB I know nothing about telephone interview.
I am in the same boat with you.

As far as your message is concerned.
No impact expected. Spouse sponsorship Finance is not a critirea as long as you are not in Social Assistance!
wokay !

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo friends,

1.What documents we need to take when we go for medicals ?
2.Once we do medicals do they give us any evidence for medicals done which we can submit to CIC?
3.Mumbai PCC sucks(sori for foul language) after two weeks we came to know they need more documents that to when we checked status online they didn't call us?
4. I just have one rent receipt for whole year will that suffice as proof of my accommodation?

Please friends give me your expertise advise on above

Thanks
Abhi