+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
roger.federer1983 said:
@ shamsia

Hi Shamsia,

Can you let me know what postal service was used to deliver your passport ?

Thanks,
RF
Hi! They used India Post and had 'REGISTERED' printed on the top. I got my marriage certificate back too.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Thanks
Ajay, Deven and Shamsia..
Good luck to every one.

Hey Gwalayat..you dont seem to come much..
You will hear something this month

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Congratulations Siva!! LOL@ tea coaster! You're too much! hahaha! :)

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
shamsia said:
Hi! They used India Post and had 'REGISTERED' printed on the top. I got my marriage certificate back too.
Did you send them your original marriage certificate? Did they give you photos back too?

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
sivathegreat said:
Hey People (and New Delhi..!!)
My wife is making the same fun of me...
"So..so..so...are you going to harrass me again in filling up the TRV forms..???."

I now have full confidence that our Es-Tea-Med New Delhi office will process within 6 months.
I started liking them. So no more TRV.

But when this is over since I have been through this process any future debate, activism on Immigration Process I will be the first to participate (It happens in Town Hall Meetings by Minister)

I am sure you would beleive me that I will go there...
(and create so much fun for every body)
I think 6 months doesn't sound too long but thanks to CPC-M, their time is more than doubled too so it kinda takes 1.5 months extra for us as compared to people who applied in past.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
newdelhi2011 said:
I think 6 months doesn't sound too long but thanks to CPC-M, their time is more than doubled too so it kinda takes 1.5 months extra for us as compared to people who applied in past.
Agreed!! But some peole get their visa in 3 months, good stuff!!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Anyone know how long the Quebec thing takes?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
karish1978 said:
Hey, Canadian's wife...well this is news to me...will definately ask my lawyer...but in the correspondance all the information adn what ever communication has to happen will go to lawyer first. he is point of contact...so if anything he will let me know...
well I hope for your case and my hubby's case they reach a decsion and then ask for your guys ppt as then it is stamp..and boom your out...so you have been there all your life too ehh??? so stupid...u can't leave either to come to toronto and your hubby has to keep coming right...ahhhhh.....can't wiat for this crap to be all sorted out....where in ATL are you...hubby is in roswell.
I'm so glad I met someone on here with the same case (work permit) and also from
The same city!!! What are the odds of that happening?
Yes! I have been living in America for 25 years! I was born in India though, and came to the states when I was 6 months old. I had my first birthday here and everything. The immigration system is so screwed up!!! Can you believe it? Someone who grew up here, been living her entire life here, has only a work permit!

Although it is frustrating at times, I'm happy that I live close enough to my spouse where he can come visit me when he has time off from work, and only take a 2 hour flight.
Most people in here don't even see their spouse during the entire process, because they are a world away from each other. I'm happy that I'm in the same time zone as him, I sleep when he sleeps, I eat breakfast when he does lol! Although, it is torture that I'm so close to Canada, where I can
Taste the salt, but not being able to be there! I met my husband in Burlington, Vermont which was just an
HOUR and a HALF DRIVE for him. He drove down and I flew there, I got to sit in his car that had Quebec license plate- it was so cool!! Lol, it's fhe closet I got to Canada. I was just an HOUR from
The border! The car was stained from the snow in canada too lol! Its a blessing and such a great feeling everytime he comes visit me or when I come close to the border to see him.

So Karish, I have decided to make a trip to India. I figured you only live once, just don't worry and gp for it!
My ultimate goal is to get to Canada to be with my husband and if going to India is what it takes, I'll do
It! This may even turn out to be a once in a life time opportunity, I'll get to spend time with my grandma and see India for the frst time (being newborn doesn't count lol). I'm just seeing the positive side of things.

I live in the Lawrenceville area, which is 45mins from
Rosewell. When are you expecting to come down here? Did your husband send an email to CIC about your case and how it's almost 6 months?
Please do look into the mailing of the pasport to India. A lot of people have told me that it's illegal and very risky. He can get someone to take it there for him, and all he has to do is also give them
An authorized letter with the passport, but the risk is to that/ what if by any chance he gets called in for an interview?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
shamsia said:
@ canadianswife:

Once you get a File no., immediately fax and email ND about your change of address. Also, when you send your CSQ and other documents to MICC, you can send a letter explaining that you need to change your address. I doubt if it would delay your case. :)
Hey babe, thanks!! Great help!!

My file won't go to Buffalo for sure, since I'm
Not a permenant resident of United States. These people dont care how long you have lived somewhere when it comes to this, they just care about your status.

It works out for me because ND has shorter processing time

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
It doesn't add any extra time. In fact Quebec makes most of the decision on your file and cic just updates it. My wife 's brother is from Quebec and he applied forwards end of may, wife had an interview on Nov 1st and got visa in mail on Nov 14th or Nov 18th. The interview was called cause he came to attend our wedding and got married himself a week later.

CanadiansWife said:
Anyone know how long the Quebec thing takes?

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Congratulations siva. Things are moving along. The good news is feds year end is coming and cic has to meet its target before end of march and as per their typical pattern they're slow at the start of the year and then stupidly fast towards end of the year. This year with all the changes it might not be as fast as during their fiscal year 2010 but it will be faster than earlier in the year

sivathegreat said:
Also,
UCI has been created for wife
and I logged in with my wife details.

Wow! it is working for her.

"Application Received.."

click inside and I find the same dialogue
"Your application has been received on 29-Sep-2011. Medicals have been received"

Now friends (if you consider me friendly)
I note that this letter is from my VO in New Delhi.
The application received date in CPC-M communication and VO communication is the same. (29-Sep-2011)

Which my hunch is that there is some "electronic" transmission of application is going one.
Maybe they are now synchronized and working in "Real time" systems.
Maybe the new GCMS.

Good to know that CIC may be improving "technology"

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Thanks Singhson
and good luck to you.
Good to hear about what you said regarding the targets!

B

balibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEpnwCPgH7g

some fun ... the urdu/punjabi speaking people will understand it better, but it has subtitles too ...

enjoy ....

these guys are either stupid or have balls of steel !

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
singhson said:
It doesn't add any extra time. In fact Quebec makes most of the decision on your file and cic just updates it. My wife 's brother is from Quebec and he applied forwards end of may, wife had an interview on Nov 1st and got visa in mail on Nov 14th or Nov 18th. The interview was called cause he came to attend our wedding and got married himself a week later.
I thought after the Canadian gov't approves, Quebec has to approve too after that?

Siva congrats on the PPR