+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

arfatanvir

Jan 15, 2012
Re: Thread for applicants of Sydney AUSTRALIA

Hi Ali,

My case is similar to yours. I am an Indian Citizen and International student in Australia, came in last July and my student Visa is valid up to 2014. I currently am living with my canadian wife in Brisbane (Married in July 2011) and almost finished with applications and documents. Just wanted to know

1. Should I opt for Sydney or New Delhi Canadian Visa Office?

2. I have a PCC already from Indian Consulate in Canberra. Do I need a PCC from INDIA itself or what I have is enough?

3. Do I need an Australian PCC because I am about to complete my continuous 6 months in Australia?

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Many thanks and kind regards
Mohd.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Asak,

Welcome to the thread! :)

1) When do you plan on filing your papers? You need to have finished 1 year in the country of residence (Australia) before you can opt for Sydney as your VO. I believe you haven't done that since you arrived in July last year. Also, the chances of your application being automatically transferred to New Delhi are high. There was another member on here named jasvarun who was exactly in a situation like yours. He had been living in Australia for 6 years and opted for Sydney, yet they transferred his file to New Delhi. You could search him up and read up his case.

Also, Indian passports cannot be sent out of or in to India by mail (if they transfer your file to ND). You will have to be physically present in India to get your visa stamped. Or maybe, you could send it through someone instead of mailing it out. That would pose another issue. And what if ND requests you for the passport and then calls for an interview? I suggest when you get PPR, you travel to India and stay here till you get the visa.

But, I think your case is not eligible to be processed in Sydney if you apply right away since you havent finished one year.

2) The PCC from an Indian consulate is fine.

3) Yes, you need to have a PCC from Australia since you have already finished 6 months of your stay.

Hope this helps. All the best!

vir_ajay

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
sent by mail on 19/11/2011 which i never got it....then found it by case enquiry on 23/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
shamsia said:
Thanks! Did you order the GCMS notes? I suggest you order them immediately. And yes, your 6 months are up, you should contact your MP too. Meanwhile send a CSE, it takes them around 28 days to reply. Hope you hear some news soon! All the best :)

hei shamsia congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

can u tell me what it GCMS and CSE???

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
vir_ajay said:
hei shamsia congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

can u tell me what it GCMS and CSE???
Thanks!

GCMS is Global Case Management System notes. They include information about your case, such as when the case was looked at by the VO, the next date at which the VO is going to look at your case, if the VO thinks your marriage is genuine etc. These need to be ordered by your spouse or anyone living in Canada.

CSE is Case Specific Enquiry. It's an email you send to the VO to find out more information. The VO may or may not reply to your query. Usually, if your case has extended 6 months mark, you are more likely to get a reply.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
halo everyone,

I m applying for my wifes spouse visa and i have enrolled with y axis in india for the same...i have given me all the papers so did my wife but thing is he is telling me medicals are done on later stage as per the case but in forum i have seen many have done medicals before sending out the application can anyone please help me with this how it works i mean if we need to do medicals before or after if before then how can we do it without receiving any medicals letter from CIC.......

Since now the process has been changed i guess i need to submit now documents directly in mississauga..do u guys know how long does it takes for file to be transfered from missi to delhi..i mean how many months

Lastly i also wana apply for Supervisa for my parents but i m thinking of waiting till my wife get Visa and then apply for my parents supervisa...but will it effect at that time since i have already sponsered for my wife..i mean i can sponser then immediately right.

Thanks guys
Take care
Happy Makar Sankranth

Abhi

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
abhi292000 said:
halo everyone,

I m applying for my wifes spouse visa and i have enrolled with y axis in india for the same...i have given me all the papers so did my wife but thing is he is telling me medicals are done on later stage as per the case but in forum i have seen many have done medicals before sending out the application can anyone please help me with this how it works i mean if we need to do medicals before or after if before then how can we do it without receiving any medicals letter from CIC.......

Since now the process has been changed i guess i need to submit now documents directly in mississauga..do u guys know how long does it takes for file to be transfered from missi to delhi..i mean how many months

Lastly i also wana apply for Supervisa for my parents but i m thinking of waiting till my wife get Visa and then apply for my parents supervisa...but will it effect at that time since i have already sponsered for my wife..i mean i can sponser then immediately right.

Thanks guys
Take care
Happy Makar Sankranth

Abhi
Hi and welcome to the thread.

First question - do you really need to submit your papers through the consultants? The fact that they do not know about the medicals is proof that they do not have much idea about spousal cases. IMHO, these consultants deal mostly with student and visit visas. Without meaning to discourage you, unless your case isnt very complicated, such as second marriage, different religions, criminal records (you shoud be going to a lawyer at this point), I do not think you need to waste your money on consultants. I suggest you spend time on this forum and do the application yourself since its actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. But its going to be your call at the end of the day.

As for the medicals, they need to be done before hand. You need to download and take a form called Appendix C with you which the DMP will fill and stamp up. You need to keep a copy to yourself and attach the original with your application. Later, when your file reaches ND, they marry up your medicals with your file. The medicals are valid for an year and that should be the last thing you do before submitting your application.

The process never changed, you always had to submit your application to Mississauga for outland spousal sponsorships. At the moment, its taking 74 days for sponsorship approval and for the file to be transferred to ND.

Hope this helps.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Dear,

First of all i would like to thank you for your prompt reply.....i totally agree with your point and many of them had told me samething but my wife was lit bit worried and she wanted me to use consultant...so i already registered with Y axis now hope for the best.....ok so spouse approval from mississuaga is 2 months and whats the time frame for new delhi to issue visa once they receive our file from CIC-Missi

And do u have any info about super visa

THanks
ABhi

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
abhi292000 said:
Halo Dear,

First of all i would like to thank you for your prompt reply.....i totally agree with your point and many of them had told me samething but my wife was lit bit worried and she wanted me to use consultant...so i already registered with Y axis now hope for the best.....ok so spouse approval from mississuaga is 2 months and whats the time frame for new delhi to issue visa once they receive our file from CIC-Missi

And do u have any info about super visa

THanks
ABhi
You are welcome! And all the best with your application! Yes, you can apply for the Supervisa for your parents as long as you meet the requirements, esp the medical insurance one's. Your PR application to sponsor your wife wont affect it in any way. If yours is an open and shut case, it should take anywhere between 4-6 months. But since June, we have noticed that ND is not as quick as it used to be. It's still within the 6 months mark for straightforward cases though.

If you dont mind, can you please tell me how much the consultants are charging...just curious :)

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
You can find the Appendix C here on website to take to your DMP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3904E.PDF

List of DMP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
shamsia said:
You are welcome! And all the best with your application! Yes, you can apply for the Supervisa for your parents as long as you meet the requirements, esp the medical insurance one's. Your PR application to sponsor your wife wont affect it in any way. If yours is an open and shut case, it should take anywhere between 4-6 months. But since June, we have noticed that ND is not as quick as it used to be. It's still within the 6 months mark for straightforward cases though.

If you dont mind, can you please tell me how much the consultants are charging...just curious :)
Hi Shamsia,

You are so fast..thanks again

i paid 25k to consultant for my process ??? so lets hope for best....hope my wife's process is also done in 6 months.....tk cr
Abhi

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
abhi292000 said:
Hi Shamsia,

i paid 25k to consultant for my process ??? so lets hope for best....hope my wife's process is also done in 6 months.....tk cr
Abhi
Not a problem. You can ask your queries and anyone can help you out. This is a pretty helpful place ^_^
I hope you are done with the process quickly too.
All the best!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
shamsia said:
Thanks!!

Packing's a daunting task! Maybe kuku's wife can help me? ;D ;)
Lol !!!

sure !!! she is all set to leave !! :) :).. She is going to leave the next day she gets her passport back :D :D

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Wow 25K that's crazy! Funny thing cic runs ads on TV here asking people not to use agents or consultants as they either scam people or don't know the process. You're doing the right thing asking questions here, it will help you immensely. just an fyi this year its taking cic longer than 6 months to process complete application as approving the sponsor alone is taking over 2.5 months.

abhi292000 said:
Hi Shamsia,

Abhi

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
kuku said:
Lol !!!

sure !!! she is all set to leave !! :) :).. She is going to leave the next day she gets her passport back :D :D
What's up with all ladies and shopping and packing? My wife also started shopping and I told her to put a break on it for a while. :D
It's not even in "in process" yet so too early for shopping in full speed.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
25K is way tooo much for an immigration consultant...

Is he based on Canada by any chance ? Check their registration numbers with CIC, to be sure. Because the amount is totally unheard of.

Usually for spouse sponsorship, the consultants charge anywhere between 2K to 3K range....MAX 5K (some expert lawyers).

I am using a consultant for my process and I paid 2K and I know him well because he is a personal friend of mine.
But running rates should not be as crazy as 25K, that much I am sure.

Because, even some top shot immigration lawyers in Toronto only charge about 5K which I know because one of our friend went through them.