+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I have a question about sponsoring other relative. I am sponsoring my sister from Nigeria and have done medicals. Do we need to specifically inform the medical office to send the result to the Ghana visa office? or do they do this automatically?

Thanks
I am sure the medical officers know where to send their results to once you present your request document.

Reactions: Ochai234

Heygirlhey

Dec 6, 2023
hello,
Nope no movement still haven’t received medical request! Imagine. But hubby landed here on trv 2 weeks ago. We thank God
Hey! I’m currently in the process with this for my husband. Did you guys purchase a one way ticket or return? I’m confused on what to do. And how was it for him to come through immigration?

greenelle

Aug 22, 2022
hello house, i ended up emailing vfs ghana because we've been waiting almost 4 weeks for passport return- the resposne was so vague, she said to contact our local vfs for an update-which is nigeria . so now i don't know if it means it hasn't been received in accra high comission or if it's left accra. accra is a really crazy office to be assigned to.

Last edited:

xanderluv4

Jun 17, 2016
Hello guys,

My wife came to Canada on a trv while her spousal application was in process. Now she got a ppr and has her copr number updated on the online tracker. The PPR request says if you're already in Canada you do not need to submit a passport as the landing will be done virtually but inform the vo within 5 days of the email via webform.
Now I need to send the other requested documents like photo, height, eye color, and approval letter back to AVO but I don't know how to get this through.
VFS is not operational in Canada. Can I use UPS to send these forms to the AVO? I have sent both a webform and email to AVO to inform them that she's already in Canada but there is no response. I have less than 15 days to get this info back to AVO.
Do I need to add a consent form to the package if I decide to send it via UPS?

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hey! I’m currently in the process with this for my husband. Did you guys purchase a one way ticket or return? I’m confused on what to do. And how was it for him to come through immigration?
we purchased return ticket and it was very easy through immigration they only asked him a handful of questions and that was it! Two days later I asked for a refund for the other return ticket

Reactions: Heygirlhey

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello guys,

My wife came to Canada on a trv while her spousal application was in process. Now she got a ppr and has her copr number updated on the online tracker. The PPR request says if you're already in Canada you do not need to submit a passport as the landing will be done virtually but inform the vo within 5 days of the email via webform.
Now I need to send the other requested documents like photo, height, eye color, and approval letter back to AVO but I don't know how to get this through.
VFS is not operational in Canada. Can I use UPS to send these forms to the AVO? I have sent both a webform and email to AVO to inform them that she's already in Canada but there is no response. I have less than 15 days to get this info back to AVO.
Do I need to add a consent form to the package if I decide to send it via UPS?
It should give you instructions for virtual landing as well. Meaning what to do if the person is IN canada. Now same thing with us we Informed Them within the 5 days and haven’t heard anything yet. Regardless…virtual landing there’s a waiting queue. What happens when you tell them you want virtual is they have to forward the file back to Canada who will handle the rest and sent portal 1 then portal 2 for virtual landing. Now if you opt to send out your passport do not send it to AVO. It’s 4-6 weeks wait AND to send from Canada will cost you A LOT! You can send it to VFS in New York OR Los Angeles. I personally know a lot of people who have done that in the last month. Make sure you use UPS and follow the directions for using their preferred courier (UPS). After you get back the passport you have to inform yourself of the nearest border crossing and the time they accept flagpoling. Hope this helps.

xanderluv4

Jun 17, 2016
It should give you instructions for virtual landing as well. Meaning what to do if the person is IN canada. Now same thing with us we Informed Them within the 5 days and haven’t heard anything yet. Regardless…virtual landing there’s a waiting queue. What happens when you tell them you want virtual is they have to forward the file back to Canada who will handle the rest and sent portal 1 then portal 2 for virtual landing. Now if you opt to send out your passport do not send it to AVO. It’s 4-6 weeks wait AND to send from Canada will cost you A LOT! You can send it to VFS in New York OR Los Angeles. I personally know a lot of people who have done that in the last month. Make sure you use UPS and follow the directions for using their preferred courier (UPS). After you get back the passport you have to inform yourself of the nearest border crossing and the time they accept flagpoling. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the info @Charbk
I did do as instructed for a person already in Canada. Advised VO within 5 days with name/uci and current address. I thought having done this I still needed to submit the other documents (2 pieces of photo and eye color chart) excluding the passport.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Ok so here is my wife's timeline. I'm a Canadian. I almost involved a judge into this

We planned on getting married in 2019 but pushed to 2020 and in 2020, covid messed up everything. Ghana banned all international travel and I wasn't ready to go to ghana neither.

We decided to still get married anyways without my presence in September 2020 for the first part=Traditional wedding(Don't use my route because it will backfire)

1.We applied for TRV in October 16, 2020=got rejected

2.We applied again for TRV in November 20, 2022= got rejected

3.Applied for TRV again in January 16, 2021= Still in process

4.Applied for her sponsorship in April 19, 2021=Got returned due to signature missing

4.Applied for another TRV in April 20, 2021= Still in process

5.Recieved returned Sponsorship letter in May 25, we signed and re-applied again on May 26 and they received it May 31, 2021

6.Travelled back to ghana to do the final part of the marriage in June 2021 due to the covid delay for the real white wedding

7.Application started processing August 09, 2021

7.Several ADR request was sent for Original Marriage certificate because I wasn't there in October 14, 2021

8.Medical request sent in November 1st 2021

9.Another ADR for original marriage certificate we did at the church was asked, another medical and several questions about our marriage and relationship sent in March 21,2022 = We told them every truth like am sharing with you here. I wasn't present and usually when one partner is not around during the wedding, it is not accepted or recognized by IRCC but our case is different

10.They massaged us and said a decision will be made on the file in the coming weeks in July 8, 2022

11.They responded after 3 month in July 13 for receiving all documents asked in March 21, 2021

12.Background, and eligibility all finished in September 08, 2022

13.Pre-Arrival service letter sent on September 08, 2022(if I tell you emails I sent to both accra visa office, Canada immigration, key officials like MP both in Canada and in Ghana etc, you won't believe) but above all, God was behind pulling the curtains

14.PPR asked on September 13

15.October 17, Decision made on E-cas

But file number and wrong travel document# provided on new tracker dashboard

16.PPR: October 20, 2022

17.COPR and passport received from AVO - November 02, 2022

18.Arrived in Canada - November 10

19.Got her first job in December 29,2022

20.Got her first pay in her account and I borrowed already on January 13....

Now am happy because I can borrow from her...lol

Wasting people's time!!
But village people try their hands for this your case shaaaa. Only say God pass dem

Heygirlhey

Dec 6, 2023
Question to those whose spouses came to Canada on TRV. How much longer did you wait to get the final decision for the spousal visa? Just because my husband now got the approval for TRV and I will have to sign up for an open work permit for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated!