Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
quota went up from 64 k to 81 k

Sister Navneet Kaur said:
BHAJI TUSI EXPRESS KI KARNA CHAUNDE HO IS POST WICH?

Ank

Star Member
Dec 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OHMYGOD said:
quota went up from 64 k to 81 k
its still not there on cic web site....

past the official souese or link...

ank

Anurag

Jul 30, 2012
Dear friends

I would like to share my Canada Experience with you. I thought it would be good for you too to get to know about Canada and get mentally prepared.

Landed here in March this year and applied for PR card which I received in two months time. This card is required to return to Canada if you are abroad like you came to India and want to go back to Canada then you need this card to board the plane and enter Canada. You all should make sure that photos you send are of wright specifications, in India photographers don't have experience of taking such photos and give us rubbish which is fine for processing but you will get stuck in getting PR card, as these peoples are highly specific.

Got Fido connection and mobile phone on contract. Here you don't pay for the mobile phone its free you just have to sign a contract that you will stick to the connection for two or three years depending upon on the scheme. Not all phones are free like i phones for which you pay few hunderd dollars to get it out of $600 which is its actual cost, the rest amount is waived if you stick to the plans for 3 years. Other mobile services are Roggers, Koodo, Chat-R, Wind, Telus etc. Keeping a mobile phone is not easy its costly. You pay for incoming as well as outgoing and receving text messages too. Moreover Caller Id is not free you pay $7 to get this service so that you get to know who is calling you. A good package with unlimited messages national and international with unlimited talking in a specific area will cost you $35 + taxes. If you use internet then you may add another $40 to your bill, for me its $25 for 500Mb and another $5 for another 500Mb. Its really costly. and in between you can't leave the services of mobile phone due to contract you signed if you break you have to pay $400 ohhh my god. So sign the contract of mobile phone wisely.

Getting a room on rent is easy, you get several bhai from India and can get a basement for $500-650 a month, some include electricity bill while others don't. I paid $50 to get electricity bill transferred to my name and the bill comes somewhere around $ 30. I use token laundry and it takes $2 to wash and $ 3 to dry clothes. For your home you need a vacuum cleaner that may cost $100 or more.

Indian food is available in plenty but I didn't find the taste. it's okay okay type, I buy chole, rajma, palak paneer, baigan bharta, paav bhaji etc instant pak for $1.99 + taxes each. My monthly fooding costs me somewhere around $220 a month and sometimes more when I go out like $13 + taxes for a buffet.

Job market is not good for people like us, our education is not valid here and we have to do credential assement for $270 for various agencies like ICAS, or WES. finding a job in our field is very very difficult moreover to get a job you need canadian experience which all employers ask for (how can we get it, we are not offered a job so how can we gain this experience), few of you think its easy but is not at all. Sitting at home in initial days will bring frustation and I too completely broke down, because you earn nothing and spend so much. Bus ticket for a rout is $3 and pass is in hundred dollars its costly but I have it to go here and there. Keeping a car is not at all easy, u can purchase a car easily for $1000 + depending upon the model, my friend purchased Honda civic for $4500, but friends insurance is in several hundred dollars a month for new users. If u want to drive get Indian plastic card license with international license from local RTO and a letter of verification stating that ur license is genuine. After writing the written test you will get G1 license or learner's license and immediately G2 for road test and then your license. Exam fees is hundred dollars approx. For learning how to drive $25/ class is charged by few indians who teach here.

I didn't get job in my field and many many many are here its same with everyone except those who have big links and good references. For ordinary people like me its difficult. So, what I did is to take up labour jobs, hard physical work which many of us think is very easy but its not. Unlike India for 8 hrs you have to work fastly and seriously otherwise you are fired the next day. I earn $10.25 per hour and maximum for other labours working for several several years is $11-12 per hr. and you work for 40 hrs a week, and 8 hrs a day from Mon to friday and when on saturdays and sundays u think to go out you find shopping malls closed as they open for a short period on weekends.

So overall from my point of view I enjoy quality life but not money wise

I earn $2000 by working in two shifts and get $1600 after tax deduction.

$1600 my salary - $100 for mobile and internet bill - $600 room rent - $200 food - $ 120 bus pass - $ 25 electricity bill - $ 25 clothes washing - $50 if you eat out = I actually save $480 which is equivalent to indian rupees 24000. with this many many like me can't purchase own home ever here and can't send anything back to home. Only thing I want to say in this paragraph life is very hard unlike what many of us think and is not cakewalk.

bye think twice.

MANISHMEHTA

Jul 21, 2010
VADODARA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb-2010
Doc's Request.
mar-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
13/07/2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
25/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/13
LANDED..........
May'13
Anurag said:
Dear friends

I would like to share my Canada Experience with you. I thought it would be good for you too to get to know about Canada and get mentally prepared.

Landed here in March this year and applied for PR card which I received in two months time. This card is required to return to Canada if you are abroad like you came to India and want to go back to Canada then you need this card to board the plane and enter Canada. You all should make sure that photos you send are of wright specifications, in India photographers don't have experience of taking such photos and give us rubbish which is fine for processing but you will get stuck in getting PR card, as these peoples are highly specific.

Got Fido connection and mobile phone on contract. Here you don't pay for the mobile phone its free you just have to sign a contract that you will stick to the connection for two or three years depending upon on the scheme. Not all phones are free like i phones for which you pay few hunderd dollars to get it out of $600 which is its actual cost, the rest amount is waived if you stick to the plans for 3 years. Other mobile services are Roggers, Koodo, Chat-R, Wind, Telus etc. Keeping a mobile phone is not easy its costly. You pay for incoming as well as outgoing and receving text messages too. Moreover Caller Id is not free you pay $7 to get this service so that you get to know who is calling you. A good package with unlimited messages national and international with unlimited talking in a specific area will cost you $35 + taxes. If you use internet then you may add another $40 to your bill, for me its $25 for 500Mb and another $5 for another 500Mb. Its really costly. and in between you can't leave the services of mobile phone due to contract you signed if you break you have to pay $400 ohhh my god. So sign the contract of mobile phone wisely.

Getting a room on rent is easy, you get several bhai from India and can get a basement for $500-650 a month, some include electricity bill while others don't. I paid $50 to get electricity bill transferred to my name and the bill comes somewhere around $ 30. I use token laundry and it takes $2 to wash and $ 3 to dry clothes. For your home you need a vacuum cleaner that may cost $100 or more.

Indian food is available in plenty but I didn't find the taste. it's okay okay type, I buy chole, rajma, palak paneer, baigan bharta, paav bhaji etc instant pak for $1.99 + taxes each. My monthly fooding costs me somewhere around $220 a month and sometimes more when I go out like $13 + taxes for a buffet.

Job market is not good for people like us, our education is not valid here and we have to do credential assement for $270 for various agencies like ICAS, or WES. finding a job in our field is very very difficult moreover to get a job you need canadian experience which all employers ask for (how can we get it, we are not offered a job so how can we gain this experience), few of you think its easy but is not at all. Sitting at home in initial days will bring frustation and I too completely broke down, because you earn nothing and spend so much. Bus ticket for a rout is $3 and pass is in hundred dollars its costly but I have it to go here and there. Keeping a car is not at all easy, u can purchase a car easily for $1000 + depending upon the model, my friend purchased Honda civic for $4500, but friends insurance is in several hundred dollars a month for new users. If u want to drive get Indian plastic card license with international license from local RTO and a letter of verification stating that ur license is genuine. After writing the written test you will get G1 license or learner's license and immediately G2 for road test and then your license. Exam fees is hundred dollars approx. For learning how to drive $25/ class is charged by few indians who teach here.

I didn't get job in my field and many many many are here its same with everyone except those who have big links and good references. For ordinary people like me its difficult. So, what I did is to take up labour jobs, hard physical work which many of us think is very easy but its not. Unlike India for 8 hrs you have to work fastly and seriously otherwise you are fired the next day. I earn $10.25 per hour and maximum for other labours working for several several years is $11-12 per hr. and you work for 40 hrs a week, and 8 hrs a day from Mon to friday and when on saturdays and sundays u think to go out you find shopping malls closed as they open for a short period on weekends.

$1600 my salary - $100 for mobile and internet bill - $600 room rent - $200 food - $ 120 bus pass - $ 25 electricity bill - $ 25 clothes washing - $50 if you eat out = I actually save $480 which is equivalent to indian rupees 24000. with this many many like me can't purchase own home ever here and can't send anything back to home. Only thing I want to say in this paragraph life is very hard unlike what many of us think and is not cakewalk.

bye think twice.
Dear Can you please tell us what is your noc and how much you have experience.
Manish

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
reviewed and started processing in jan 2012
Med's Request
soon by grace of waheguru
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Interesting Elaboration Anurag

Its Your establishment period there and its too early for you to start thinking twice

Anurag said:
Dear friends

bye think twice.

Dreamsaboutcanada

May 23, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
WGOAGVS
Anurag +1 for you for sharing your exp.
Majority of us(Waiting Applicants specially frm north india) always think abt canada visa without the knows the exact reality i.e life is not so easy just like our dreams specially money wise. My purpose is not saying that canada is not good country in concern of job or money wise only i mean to say that it is not so easy like our dreams. every country has good or bad aspects including india. The only thing is try to make eligible & capable yourself to getting good job according to canadian market, especially increase your job & language skill and not plan to go there with blind eyes. One more thing those candidates have no support in canada like good frnds & relatives in canada, try to go there without family and when you able then call the family members.

thanxs

Anurag said:
Dear friends

bye think twice.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Anurag,
Which place have u landed?
My relative said me the same words, its pure struggling for 2-3 years, but then there r success stories too.....
Its better if u take a part time or correspondence course and manage to get a canadian degree, tht will help a lot
people going to canada need to be ready for 3 major things:-
1.COLD
2.Struggling for initial years
3. Preparadness for gaining canadian degree.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

As i have surfed the web i find that the pre-feb 2008 apps processing has been withheld and no decision has yet been taken on the same:-

"If you submitted an application to the FSW program before February 28, 2008, and a selection decision on your application was not made by March 29, 2012, you can add your name to the list of applicants challenging the government's decision. Attorney David Cohen is acting as co-counsel in the effort to prevent Citizenship and Immigration Canada from terminating pre-February 2008 applications. He is currently representing approximately 200 applicants.
The case is still in its beginning stages. However, lawyers have already secured a 90-day halt on returning any applications or government fees. If we are successful, it is possible that all affected individuals may benefit from the outcome of the court case even if they have not joined the litigation. However, by joining us at this time you can be certain that your application will be included in any successful court decision or negotiated settlement that is reached with CIC."

Source:-http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

If any 1 has some up-to-date info on the same pls share, as this can effect our processing too.....

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Ok

Now does this have any effect what so ever on

MI 1

amitsmeet said:
Hi Guys,

As i have surfed the web i find that the pre-feb 2008 apps processing has been withheld and no decision has yet been taken on the same:-

"If you submitted an application to the FSW program before February 28, 2008, and a selection decision on your application was not made by March 29, 2012, you can add your name to the list of applicants challenging the government's decision. Attorney David Cohen is acting as co-counsel in the effort to prevent Citizenship and Immigration Canada from terminating pre-February 2008 applications. He is currently representing approximately 200 applicants.
The case is still in its beginning stages. However, lawyers have already secured a 90-day halt on returning any applications or government fees. If we are successful, it is possible that all affected individuals may benefit from the outcome of the court case even if they have not joined the litigation. However, by joining us at this time you can be certain that your application will be included in any successful court decision or negotiated settlement that is reached with CIC."

Source:-http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

If any 1 has some up-to-date info on the same pls share, as this can effect our processing too.....

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats my question too, need suggestions or informations from guys here...may be they will touch our apps after this cases are done with?

smd

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Doc's Request.
10-08-10
AOR Received.
23-09-10(second)
amitsmeet said:
Thats my question too, need suggestions or informations from guys here...may be they will touch our apps after this cases are done with?
Dear Amit,

pre -2008 were never in the path of pre-juners.
even when they were in que, they were ranked lower in priority to us.

it was due to MI-2 and MI-3 priority over us which lead to our sufferings.
now also there is no threat to our processing speed by pre 2008, whatever may happen to their cases.
but the only threats now are visa quota and MI-3 processing

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
sounds fair

Mogboy said:
No its not about filing a case, its to judge if this stay of 90 days would effect the MI1 applicants? or is it that the quotas are full or tht MI 3 is at priority?

Dear friends,

I am not an expert and would hate to steer anyone wrong. Nevertheless I did some searching about the 90 day stay and found this:

"The 90 day period is already passed and our cases are lost."

The Toronto Star article seemed to imply that the only chance left now was a very improbably "compassionate grounds" case. Not going to happen in my opinion.

So, my concern now is that no one is duped by anyone into sending money to a lost cause. $500 to add your name so that a case is larger is a steep price to this Canadian. The number of people who pray on the fears and anxieties of would be immigrants in very high and should be punishable with stiff penalties. I'm not accusing any one legal team or lawyer of this, just reminding you to do your research and hold onto money (except perhaps for CAIPS)

As to delays in processing M1 cases, I have no idea what is causing them and it could be the processing of the pre-Feb 2008 refunds. It's just speculation. What we do know is that for pre- Feb 2008 files the matter is almost certainly closed.
The government is still targeting Dec 2012 for completion of all backlogs so please be positive. This site is getting quite nasty and I can't understand much of it because it's not in English. No matter what category you are in, encourage one another. It's tough on everybody. I've been told that the M13's are priority but they are almost complete and the backlog not that large.

My guess is that there will soon be a second "monsoon" but I don't have evidence, just intuition.

Send me $500 and I'll pray for it.

amitsmeet said:

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the 90d stay started from 29 June 2012, hence, will end approx on 29 Sept 2012.

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
I fail to see any post /message anywhere about stay on MI 1 or MI 2

I think this 90 days Stay theory is Unfounded

kiwi1 said:
the 90d stay started from 29 June 2012, hence, will end approx on 29 Sept 2012.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi OHMYGOD

the 90d stay apply only to pre-Feb 2008 applications. MI1 & 2 have slowed down due to CIC giving preference to applicants under MI3.

OHMYGOD said:
I fail to see any post /message anywhere about stay on MI 1 or MI 2

I think this 90 days Stay theory is Unfounded