VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
On The contrary Education Visa Is comparatively easy for Canada than other Visa

Provided you are able to prove your Financial situation

hiteshdand said:
hi

it is very difficult to prove DUAL INTENT of studying and migrating to the visa officer.
also canada student visa is very tough to get.

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Early Next year you should have the Maple

Ananth B said:
Hi Seniors

Last week i got the following mail reply from New Delhi Visa Office ...........

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi .

This application is under review and you will be notified when the review has been completed.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

How long do you thing i had to wait for my visa? pls help.........

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Loooooooooong procedure

Manogyan said:
Hi Experts,

I was just wondering if its PR is taking so long is there a way we can reach Canada on student VISA & start studying over there. I had been thinking over it from last few months. As we have to anyways enhance our edu-skills after reaching there....I was thinking of making one more effort .....

Please plz advice..

Regards
Mano

hiteshdand

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Second AOR 5th july 2010. FULL DOCUMENTS SENT ON 24TH JUNE 2010
IELTS Request
OVERALL BAND 8
File Transfer...
01-06-2010. CURRENT STATUS-- 'COMPLETE'
Med's Request
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2013. MEDS VALIDITY-- 19-02-2014.
Interview........
PASSED WITH FLYING COLOURS ON 24TH JAN 2013 @ 9:30 AM
Passport Req..
28-01-2013. PASSPORT AND PACKAGE RECEIVED BY CHC ND ON 23-02-2013. RPRF DRAFT ENCASHED ON 9-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013.
LANDED..........
21-01-2014 @ EDMONTON.
destinationBC said:
On The contrary Education Visa Is comparatively easy for Canada than other Visa

Provided you are able to prove your Financial situation
Hi DBC

Yes u are right that to get a canada student visa, one has to prove one's financial strength to the visa officer.
Also one has to prove that he is going to come back to his home-country on completion of study, right? ( Strong ties to his home-country)
And if the study course is even a bit different than your education background and work-experience, then the student visa will get refused for sure.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Hitesh.

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney appeared before a House of Commons committee on Oct. 20 to discuss immigration backlogs. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)
Canada needs to accept fewer applications from people wanting to live here, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says, and he's eyeing the family class for cuts.

Canada is facing too big a backlog and, despite accepting 254,000 applications every year, there are one million people who are waiting to hear whether they can move to Canada, the citizenship and immigration minister said Thursday.

Canada gets about 420,000 applications every year and refuses about 10 per cent of those.

Speaking to the House committee on citizenship and immigration, Kenney said processing applications faster won't fix the backlog problem. And it isn't possible to accept enough people to deal with it either.

The only options, he said, are to vastly increase acceptances, or take fewer applications and keep processing the ones already received.

"Those are the only two possible solutions. It's a math problem," Kenney told reporters after the committee meeting.
Cut family class applications

Kenney pointed to the family class, under which parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens can immigrate. His department received 37,500 applications in 2010 but admits 18,500. Right now, there's a 10-year wait time for processing.

"Merely for us just to tread water, we would have to double the number of people coming into that program ... and that wouldn't even reduce the backlog," he said.

Kenney said other countries require a minimal family income, private health insurance or a bond to limit parent and grandparent applications.

Immigration lawyer Richard Kurland said Kenney's right to suggest a cap on the parents and grandparents category.

"Unless you solve the intake problem, you're going to have a growing backlog with growing processing times and it's time to bite the bullet," he told reporters after the committee meeting.

Kurland said a 20,000 cap is appropriate, and that the government should break the applicants into categories.

"Bring in as priority one the single parents overseas. Priority two is you bring in parents where the families can pony up $75,000 up front to defray medicare costs, either with permanent resident visa on payment or [for $75,000] give that family a 10-year visitor visa to Canada and that way they can be here waiting until their number comes up in the immigration inventory overseas."

Speaking to Rosemary Barton on CBC's Power & Politics, Kenney called the $75,000 payment "a very interesting idea."

"I've heard similar ideas about asking people to share in a greater portion of the social and health-care costs. And maybe that's one practical way of bringing more fairness while limiting the number of new applications so we can avoid the big backlogs. That's a very valid idea," he said.

The Conservative government and previous Liberal governments averaged about 18,000 parent and grandparent entrants a year, he added.

Kenney says the department is launching consultations on cutting the backlog.

NDP immigration critic Don Davies said reducing parent and grandparent applications is the wrong way to go.

"What I object to the most is the minister has come into this so-called study, these meetings, with a preconceived conclusion. The only policy tool that he's looking at is capping applications. Well, that's not the only policy tool available to the minister," Davies said.

He wants Canada to accept another 100,000 immigrants every year, arguing a per capita measurement doesn't make sense because the country has so much space

Mogboy

Star Member
May 22, 2011
Kenny was on the national news last night explaining that the government wants to clear the backlog as fast as possible and that they would cut back on "extended family" applications as those people tend to be costly in terms of healthcare etc. He wants to bring in the skilled workers ASAP. This is very good news for anyone on this blog and I would imagine that all the visa offices have already been told to refocus their efforts. No previously accepted skilled worker applications will be cancelled, just sped up.

See you all soon!

hiteshdand

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Second AOR 5th july 2010. FULL DOCUMENTS SENT ON 24TH JUNE 2010
IELTS Request
OVERALL BAND 8
File Transfer...
01-06-2010. CURRENT STATUS-- 'COMPLETE'
Med's Request
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2013. MEDS VALIDITY-- 19-02-2014.
Interview........
PASSED WITH FLYING COLOURS ON 24TH JAN 2013 @ 9:30 AM
Passport Req..
28-01-2013. PASSPORT AND PACKAGE RECEIVED BY CHC ND ON 23-02-2013. RPRF DRAFT ENCASHED ON 9-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013.
LANDED..........
21-01-2014 @ EDMONTON.
MOGBOY,
YOUR POST MADE MY DAY.
HITESH.

%%%%%

Apr 28, 2011
PRE JUNE 2010 REJECTION START PLZ CONNECT HER

1st AOR 2 JAN2010
Docoment submitted feb2 feb2010
2nd AOR 15 JAN 2010
DECISION MADE 16 OCT 2011
REJECTION LETTER

I got the refusal letter from DELHI OFFICE.My Aor is 16 OCT 2006.After submitting updated documents e-case change from In process to Decision made.I knew that time but I waited the reasons for refusal.
I'm confused.My lawyer said that I should submit application for work permit but I want to fight.If they want to refused why they wait to pass 2 year,that is so unfair.
So please,share your opinion.

REGARDS
RAJAN

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mogboy said:
Kenny was on the national news last night explaining that the government wants to clear the backlog as fast as possible and that they would cut back on "extended family" applications as those people tend to be costly in terms of healthcare etc. He wants to bring in the skilled workers ASAP. This is very good news for anyone on this blog and I would imagine that all the visa offices have already been told to refocus their efforts. No previously accepted skilled worker applications will be cancelled, just sped up.

See you all soon!
Thanks for sharing drear !!!!

KDSTTL

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
21-07-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012 (Fresh PCC again on 19-11-2012)
Interview........
Waived (In process - 19th Jan 2012)
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013 (DM 14-07-2013)
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
%%%%% said:
PRE JUNE 2010 REJECTION START PLZ CONNECT HER

1st AOR 2 JAN2010
Docoment submitted feb2 feb2010
2nd AOR 15 JAN 2010
DECISION MADE 16 OCT 2011
REJECTION LETTER

I got the refusal letter from DELHI OFFICE.My Aor is 16 OCT 2006.After submitting updated documents e-case change from In process to Decision made.I knew that time but I waited the reasons for refusal.
I'm confused.My lawyer said that I should submit application for work permit but I want to fight.If they want to refused why they wait to pass 2 year,that is so unfair.
So please,share your opinion.

REGARDS
RAJAN
Sorry for you.
But what was the reason for rejection in your case? If the reason quoted by the office is genuine, then there is nothing you can do. On the other hand if your application is genuine, you can sent a detailed mail to their office, and in that case too they will advice you to apply fresh. It happened in my case.
And I don't think 0111 and 1111 NOC can apply for work permit to Canada.

KDSTTL

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
21-07-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012 (Fresh PCC again on 19-11-2012)
Interview........
Waived (In process - 19th Jan 2012)
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013 (DM 14-07-2013)
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
Mogboy said:

See you all soon!
Thank you

pistachio

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
AOR Received.
Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mogboy,
Even though I am regular on this forum but I do not post much and hence I don't have the right to rate anybody's posts. If I could, I would have given you +100. Thanks for relentlessly trying to bring smiles on the face of the depressed souls. I had enjoyed your other video on Canada as well. :)

Mogboy said:
Here is a video of your soon to be home. I hope you enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/30788720

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Correct,But the intent to to come back is not a strong clause for refusal Because.
in certain cases when the course duration is over 2 yrs you are eligible of an equal period of work Permit.If Your employer retains you you are eligible for PR

hiteshdand said:
Hi DBC

Yes u are right that to get a canada student visa, one has to prove one's financial strength to the visa officer.
Also one has to prove that he is going to come back to his home-country on completion of study, right? ( Strong ties to his home-country)
And if the study course is even a bit different than your education background and work-experience, then the student visa will get refused for sure.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Hitesh.

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
He can contest what ever the reason Be But he cannot be sure of the out come

KDSTTL said:
Sorry for you.
But what was the reason for rejection in your case? If the reason quoted by the office is genuine, then there is nothing you can do. On the other hand if your application is genuine, you can sent a detailed mail to their office, and in that case too they will advice you to apply fresh. It happened in my case.
And I don't think 0111 and 1111 NOC can apply for work permit to Canada.