Thousands to Lose Canadian Citizenship as Crackdown Continues

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Published April 25, 2012 | By emilgordon

Approximately 2,300 people may lose their Canadian citizenship in what may be described as the most historic crackdown on immigration fraud in Canada. This estimate was made by recently by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, which comes after a two year RCMP investigation that identified almost 9000 cases of alleged residency fraud (this crackdown is a continuation of action which I have spoken about previously).

Immigrants were using corrupt immigration consultants to create a fake proof of residency in Canada. This fake residency was then used to obtain Canadian citizenship. As a result, the Minister proposed changes to the citizenship criteria, one of which would require applicants to provide proof of their skills in one of Canada’s two official languages.

This change (albeit a mere promise) illustrates the Ministers concern that Canadian citizenship has been devalued because of inconsistent application of statutory requirements.

Earlier this year, the Minister publicly thanked the RCMP for charging two persons with offences under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. It was alleged that they helped individuals fraudulently create the appearance that they were residing in Canada in order to keep their permanent resident status, and ultimately, attempt to acquire citizenship.

It should be noted that there are at least 6000 more cases that are currently under investigation.

My concern: Although keeping immigration fraud in check is an important concern for society, the investigation conducted by the RCMP could actually include a lot of innocent and honest people along with perpetrators. Some legitimate citizens appear to be having this problem already.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seems that earlier Canadians went into hibernation state, jst woke up and realizing the damages done, as per their convenience.

they didn't do anything, when they required these people to anticipate in the growth of their economy and now
out of the blue they have realized to take new stern measures against who have been living their in ages.

hope_life said:

Approximately 2,300 people may lose their Canadian citizenship in what may be described as the most historic crackdown on immigration fraud in Canada. This estimate was made by recently by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, which comes after a two year RCMP investigation that identified almost 9000 cases of alleged residency fraud (this crackdown is a continuation of action which I have spoken about previously).

Immigrants were using corrupt immigration consultants to create a fake proof of residency in Canada. This fake residency was then used to obtain Canadian citizenship. As a result, the Minister proposed changes to the citizenship criteria, one of which would require applicants to provide proof of their skills in one of Canada's two official languages.

This change (albeit a mere promise) illustrates the Ministers concern that Canadian citizenship has been devalued because of inconsistent application of statutory requirements.

Earlier this year, the Minister publicly thanked the RCMP for charging two persons with offences under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. It was alleged that they helped individuals fraudulently create the appearance that they were residing in Canada in order to keep their permanent resident status, and ultimately, attempt to acquire citizenship.

It should be noted that there are at least 6000 more cases that are currently under investigation.

My concern: Although keeping immigration fraud in check is an important concern for society, the investigation conducted by the RCMP could actually include a lot of innocent and honest people along with perpetrators. Some legitimate citizens appear to be having this problem already.

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
hope_life said:

Immigrants were using corrupt immigration consultants to create a fake proof of residency in Canada. This fake residency was then used to obtain Canadian citizenship. As a result, the Minister proposed changes to the citizenship criteria, one of which would require applicants to provide proof of their skills in one of Canada's two official languages.

Just want to know out of curiosity what will be done with the people will be done imprisonment for fraud or sent back to their country ...sent back to the country not possible cause they have already given up their citizenship of the country from which they apply...After imprisonment what...
warm regards,

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so far I am unable to understand their policies, so no comment. time will decide certain things.

the important thing is people have started raising their voice against this mistreatment in Canada itself.

spartan300 said:
Just want to know out of curiosity what will be done with the people will be done imprisonment for fraud or sent back to their country ...sent back to the country not possible cause they have already given up their citizenship of the country from which they apply...After imprisonment what...
warm regards,

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
hope_life said:
so far I am unable to understand their policies, so no comment. time will decide certain things.

the important thing is people have started raising their voice against this mistreatment in Canada itself.
Yep agreed mate,
while providing citizenship they have to do full fledge research not after they given green signal....cause people have to give up citizenship to take another may be few people will be in no mans land...

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thx pal.

spartan300 said:
Yep agreed mate,
while providing citizenship they have to do full fledge research not after they given green signal....cause people have to give up citizenship to take another may be few people will be in no mans land...

Rlex

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR - OCT 2010;2nd AOR - MAY 2011
File Transfer...
No Idea where I can get this info
Med's Request
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
spartan300 said:
Yep agreed mate,
They are doing it now and intend to make it more fool proof in the future...

Y do u think there are 144.000 FSW application pending now

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fool proof :eek:

Rlex said:
They are doing it now and intend to make it more fool proof in the future...

Y do u think there are 144.000 FSW application pending now

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Fraudsters only make it hard for others and if an applicant has been honest, it's rare to get caught up in such a mess. Even if it happened, you will have proof. I'm more concerned that the fraud could lead to changes in citizenship rules, making it an even longer/harder process for legitimate folks.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are still many loopholes in Canadian policies which a knowledgeable person may make use of.
I will share few amazing facts at appropriate times.

most of us, dont know canadian immigration laws, which makes us quite vulnerable.

I have no one else to blame other than the POLITICIANS and Policy makers, which make fellow innocent people suffer.

Disclaimer: Jst my feelings/opinions, no intention to hurt anyone.

god bless u.

SenoritaBella said:
Fraudsters only make it hard for others and if an applicant has been honest, it's rare to get caught up in such a mess. Even if it happened, you will have proof. I'm more concerned that the fraud could lead to changes in citizenship rules, making it an even longer/harder process for legitimate folks.