+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thoughts...

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
I just wanted to ask some people out there what are their time frames for PR looking like. Because my husband and I gave in our application on October 31st, 2016 but it was in the process as of November 10th, 2016 and todays date is March 21st, 2018 just imagine how long we have been waiting.

He went for his interview last week Tuesday and they said to him that a week after we will hear the results but we have heard nothing as yet. Literally I can not wait anymore it is killing both of us at this point. I know that we have no choice but to wait. Which is why I wanted to see what other peoples time frames are to know if we are on track.

Reactions: Elah304

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
I sponsored my partner, and we applied December 2nd, 2016, and other than a request for his Canada background check info from the police, there have been zero updates. So I understand the frustration from having to wait so long, but you got an interview at least? So clearly things seem to be moving somewhat, which is always good! Just keep your head up! Seems like other people from October/November are getting their approvals now, so you should be soon I'd think! Wait time is still listed as 26 months on the website, which means we both still have some time yet until it's past 26 months unfortunately.

Reactions: Elah304

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I just wanted to ask some people out there what are their time frames for PR looking like. Because my husband and I gave in our application on October 31st, 2016 but it was in the process as of November 10th, 2016 and todays date is March 21st, 2018 just imagine how long we have been waiting.

He went for his interview last week Tuesday and they said to him that a week after we will hear the results but we have heard nothing as yet. Literally I can not wait anymore it is killing both of us at this point. I know that we have no choice but to wait. Which is why I wanted to see what other peoples time frames are to know if we are on track.
Hi same here, they received my application last nov.28, 2016..i called cic and it says they are proccessing my backgound check. And they are proccessing nov 21st applicants. So im expecting to hear a new update on april. Hopefully.. Long wait sucks!!

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
I think they have moved on to the people that applied after December 7th, 2016. Because of the new rules and they promised them to have it done within 12 months. It sucks for people like us who happened to apply a little earlier... I applied in December, mine was received on December 2nd, 2016 and just because I was earlier 5 days I will be stuck for up to 26 months. It sucks!! It is politics and even the immigration people accepted it when I called them. UNFAIR!!!