+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those with ITA - Can you share what CIC is requesting?

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

Firstly, congrats on your ITA you lucky bums! We're definitely jealous. Despite the gloomy atmosphere of the forum for applicants like myself (400-600 range), I wanted to get a bit proactive in advance of a possible ITA in the coming months. So I thought I'd ask you ITA holders a favour:

Would you be able to share exactly what the CIC is asking in those forms so that we can start the prep?

I read somewhere that they want a 10 year history about everything? As well as Financial picture? Are there anything specific that you think might take time to dig up?
Any info would help.

Thanks a lot.

Feb 1, 2015
1. Start Arranging all your past employer reference letters
2. Police Clearance Certificates
3. Upfront medical report (this can wait though)

Rest all are pretty straight. Passport copies, Bank statement for last 6 months as proof of available funds

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
cecandconfused said:
Hi,

Firstly, congrats on your ITA you lucky bums! We're definitely jealous. Despite the gloomy atmosphere of the forum for applicants like myself (400-600 range), I wanted to get a bit proactive in advance of a possible ITA in the coming months. So I thought I'd ask you ITA holders a favour:

Would you be able to share exactly what the CIC is asking in those forms so that we can start the prep?

I read somewhere that they want a 10 year history about everything? As well as Financial picture? Are there anything specific that you think might take time to dig up?
Any info would help.

Thanks a lot.
I'm interested in the same information myself, fingers crossed that scores dip into the 500s soon...

From what I've seen the list so far is:

- Police Certificates
- Reference letters for all work experience listed in profile
- Reference letters for all Spouses work experience listed in profile
- Medical Report for all applicants in profile
- Financial profile from your bank

Plus I'm assuming things like copies of Language test certificates, ECA reports, proof of Marriage/Common Law relationship.

No doubt many more things too...

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
arijit_calgary said:

Rest all are pretty straight. Passport copies, Bank statement for last 6 months as proof of available funds
Thanks Arijit,

By reference letters from past employers, are you referring to those that we've included in the EE Profile?
I've worked quite a few random jobs during school that I haven't mentioned in the EE profile because they don't matter (not qualified) but I'm sure that I have to mention them in the 10 year history part of the application. I won't be needing a reference letter from those employers would I?

Cheers

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
cecandconfused said:
Thanks Arijit,

By reference letters from past employers, are you referring to those that we've included in the EE Profile?
I've worked quite a few random jobs during school that I haven't mentioned in the EE profile because they don't matter (not qualified) but I'm sure that I have to mention them in the 10 year history part of the application. I won't be needing a reference letter from those employers would I?

Cheers
arijit_calgary said:

same question will we have to get letter from all the employers for whom we have just worked for few hours per week??

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
arijit_calgary said:
Bank statement for last 6 months as proof of available funds
Hey, do they want you to prove that you had $12000 in your bank account for the past 6 months??!?! (or whatever the amount of money is that they want you to have)

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
How can a person show 12000$ in his/her account for a period of six months ..

my country is developing one ...not developed ...

can we show that 12000$ as a property way ...land papers or agriculture lands papers ????

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
chadzkie said:
I know is that if you have an Arranged Employment Offer you wouldn't need proof of funds..
Arranged employment now requires LMIA though. Does this mean you need proof of funds if you don't have lmia (eg: CEC applicants)?

lea_r

Jun 29, 2014
This has probably been asked a million times but I'll ask it again anyway. :)

What do you guys provide in-lieu of the experience letters which companies do not want to provide (in official letterhead, etc)? Will a simple written declaration from a colleague (not in letterhead) suffice? Do I need to get that notarized?

Julianasnr

Nov 19, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boreda said:
How can a person show 12000$ in his/her account for a period of six months ..

my country is developing one ...not developed ...

can we show that 12000$ as a property way ...land papers or agriculture lands papers ????
They want the last 6 months to see if you didn't borrow the money. Not necessary that the 12k have been in your account for the last 6 months.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hey,
bunch of queries below -

1. what is the validity of PCC obtained from india? i have once with oct last week 2014. Can i still use it?

2. I dont have my hard copy of IELTS results. It is most probably lying down at CIC to get returned back. I dont have a soft copy. If in case, i get an ITA, does CIC consider the copy which british council said will forward to CIC if i can provide my application number?

3. does CIC accept reference letters from co-workers which is not on company letter heads?

4. Can i show my Provident fund account as POF?

thanks!!

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys quick question, does the reference letters have to show the duties performed? Or does it only have to mention the position and dates? I am talking about reference letters from employers outside of Canada that have been mentioned in the EE profile? CEC applicant here

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Auone said:
Guys quick question, does the reference letters have to show the duties performed? Or does it only have to mention the position and dates? I am talking about reference letters from employers outside of Canada that have been mentioned in the EE profile? CEC applicant here
Along with employment dates, it should talk about roles and responsibilities. It should also mention about salary etc.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Along with employment dates, it should talk about roles and responsibilities. It should also mention about salary etc.
OK Great! Thanks for the info.