+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Today I received my GCSM notes (May 2017 AOR FSW-O).

In the notes section it says, once confirmed, file will be RFV. Does that mean 'Ready for visa' once they check my additional documents?
Actually, I was asked to submit the additional documents which I did on 24th Oct 2017. The file hasn't been looked at since then.

My concern is the security under the Activities section. It hasn't been started yet as there is no date mentioned.

Any idea what that means?
Rfv is indeed ready for visa. What sort ofnconfirnation are they waiting upon. Secuirty until not started will remain not started.

Reactions: straightdrive

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
coming back to an old yet informative post:

Since obviously any self-respecting bandit involved with SECURITY, ORGANIZEDCRIMINALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS won’t be so gullible that they would seek entry through immigration, I cannot help but wonder when those visa officers transfer the files for CBSA examination, what exactly their suspicions are based upon?!
Dear Matt,

IS CSIS INCAPABLE OF MAINTAINING A DIRECT LINK WITH IRCC? WHY IS CBSA NECESSARY FOR LINKING IRCC AND CSIS?

CBSA (AND NOT CSIS) IS ''RESPONSIBLE'' for 3 COMPONENTS OF ADMISSIBILITY: 1 SECURITY (Sec A34 IRPA) · 2 ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY ( Sec A37 IRPA)· human or international rights violations (Sec A35 IRPA).
And this is the reason, all requests of security screenings by IRCC are submitted to CBSA through GCMS, and CSIS then conducts the screening on request of CBSA.

As per the guideline of CIC (the link is mentioned below, if you care to/want to read it), "permitting Canada to pursue the maximum social, cultural and economic benefits of immigration, protecting the health and safety of Canadians and maintaining the security of Canadian society are important objectives of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA or the Act)".

This protection of health, safety and security of the Canadian society is controlled by s 33-41 of the IRPA.

According to sec 33 of the act: inadmissibility can be related to: · criminality; section A36 · organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35· health; Sec A38 · financial reasons; · misrepresentation; · non-compliance with Act; · inadmissible family members (sec A39-41).

Now, as per this manual/guideline of CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf), CBSA has policy responsibility for organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35. And this is the reason, IRCC send requests of security screenings to CBSA through GCMS. CBSA can forward to either CSIS or any other agency it deems necessary for conductinng additional verifications. I believe, in some instances CBSA itself can also be doing verifications directly.

This guideline of IRCC states that ‘’Security screening pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA 4.1 Mandate of the National Security Screening Division, CBSA The National Security Screening Division (NSSD) of the International Operations Directorate of CBSA conducts security screening in the context of applications for temporary residence visas, applications for permanent residence visas and claims for refugee protection. In this context only, NSSD provides recommendations on admissibility on national security cases related to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA as follows: Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section The Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section (SSIA) within NSSD is the primary point of contact at the CBSA for all operational screening-related issues pertaining to security screening of applications for permanent residence pursuant to sections(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 or IRPA. Officers who suspect that an applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA, but need additional information to make a determination, should send the case to SSIA for in-depth security screening via the Global Case Management System (GCMS) for overseas cases as per the instructions in the Immigration Control (IC) Manual – Chapter 1: Security Screening of Permanent Residence Applications. When sending a case for security screening, officers should include as much information as possible, including details on adverse information. Pg17

The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to organized criminality [A37]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg 18

Security The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to security and espionage[A34]. For assistance in the context of security screening referrals, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg21

Human or international rights violations The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to human and international rights violations [A35]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. For cases that do not fall under the purview of NSSD or if officers require general assistance in researching or obtaining additional information, they may contact the Security Intelligence Section of the IOAD via Intell_Security-Rens_Securite@cbsaasfc.gc.ca for information on section 35 of IRPA. Pg24

Medical inadmissibility CIC has the policy responsibility with respect to medical inadmissibility [A38].IRCC clears this based upon medicals submitted during EAPR.

Except for the two classes of criminality specifically relate to organized criminality (for which the CBSA has the policy responsibility); CIC has the policy responsibility for the remaining 7 classed of criminality (which are specified within the provisions of section A36). IRCC clears this based on clean PCCs that we submit during EAPR.

FINAL DECISION REGARDING ADMISSIBILITY IS UPON VISA OFFICER, BUT CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ADMISSIBILITY REPORT REGARDING SECURITY, ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. IT CAN INVOLVE CSIS OR ANY OTHER AGENCY FOR CERTIFICATIONS, BUT , at the end, CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE REPORT FOR ABOVE THREE FACETS OF ADMISSIBILITY
BEFORE IRCC CAN MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION.

Reactions: AFUA2017

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
coming back to an old yet informative post:

Since obviously any self-respecting bandit involved with SECURITY, ORGANIZEDCRIMINALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS won’t be so gullible that they would seek entry through immigration, I cannot help but wonder when those visa officers transfer the files for CBSA examination, what exactly their suspicions are based upon?!
IMHO it's like a nuclear deterrent. Since the self respecting bandit knows everyone is being screened irrespective of how baby-faced they look, the bandit won't take his chances with the Express Entrg system....he could maybe try for a tourist visa....:cool:

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
IMHO it's like a nuclear deterrent. Since the self respecting bandit knows everyone is being screened irrespective of how baby-faced they look, the bandit won't take his chances with the Express Entrg system....he could maybe try for a tourist visa....:cool:
Well trvs are not exepmted from ss either in theory but there ss is way shorter than that of permanent residents

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Under activities section, look for entry Security Screening with status as 'not started'. The date against it is your SS start date.
NOt started since April 6, 2017.. Strange...

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Does not started on security screening in GCMs really indicate that they intend to do security screening and they have not started, or could it also mean that they don't want to do security screening/they have not decided yet?

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
my security screening as all dates redacted....no idea since when and till when

civ is the gf I never had and never would like to have.....so mysterious that one won't know if she ever was in my life..

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Today I received my GCSM notes (May 2017 AOR FSW-O).

In the notes section it says, once confirmed, file will be RFV. Does that mean 'Ready for visa' once they check my additional documents?
Actually, I was asked to submit the additional documents which I did on 24th Oct 2017. The file hasn't been looked at since then.

My concern is the security under the Activities section. It hasn't been started yet as there is no date mentioned.

Any idea what that means?
security blank normally means it is onging, could be under SS. my Security was blank since Jan GCMS notes, I got 4 gcms notes till Oct 2017. Every time the security was blank. but my security screening statred on Jan 24 2017.

Reactions: straightdrive

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
By grace of Almighty God, got PPR after 11 months and 21 days :), this was my 3rd application as previous two were rejected/incomplete, but all well that ends well.
Just a quick question, as currently I'm in Pakistan, i need to email cpc ottawa about sending passport visa office Islamabad, not Ottawa, right?
Congrats! Why were your previous 2 applications rejected?

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Hi guys I just got a request letter for uploading police clearance certificate which I uploaded in July 2017. Now they again send me the same request letter and asking for uploading the police clearance. My question in can I upload the same PCC again or I have to order for a new one? My PCC issue date was 23rd July, 2017.
Police certificates are valid for one year according to IRCC. I guess if you are still within that one year, you should be OK. The main question is, if you have already provided the document, why are they asking you to send it again?

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
My medical was passed while ago but yesterday I noticed that it has been changed to "if you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you". Also in frot of my PR application, I can see "your action is required" but no message or email!!!
Any ideas?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
My medical was passed while ago but yesterday I noticed that it has been changed to "if you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you". Also in frot of my PR application, I can see "your action is required" but no message or email!!!
Any ideas?
When was your medical? AoR?

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
security blank normally means it is onging, could be under SS. my Security was blank since Jan GCMS notes, I got 4 gcms notes till Oct 2017. Every time the security was blank. but my security screening statred on Jan 24 2017.
Thanks for the reply. Can you please confirm how did you come to know that your security screening started on 24th Jan? When I rang last week, the agent told me that it didn't appear that my file had gone for the additional screening i.e. security screening.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Thanks for the reply. Can you please confirm how did you come to know that your security screening started on 24th Jan? When I rang last week, the agent told me that it didn't appear that my file had gone for the additional screening i.e. security screening.
I go the information from CSIS GCMS notes. It clearly said my security screening started on January and completed on June.