+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Also an immigration lawyer who is a friend of one of my friends called for me CBSA (the same number) and asked the same just in order to be absolutely sure, and he received the same answer. This is important because this info is a game-changer. What is happening right now with our files if CBSA is not involved? Moreover, why IRCC provides non-accurate information to its clients? Something is wrong and it is our interest to find it out.
CBSA is definitely involved in screening check below article and known delays
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/07/16/thousands-of-refugee-cases-suspended-due-to-border-agency-delays.html

Reactions: mamgain

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
The article is basically about refugee claimants for whom there is definitely a security screening processed by the CBSA. On the other hand, for PR applicants from within Canada CBSA does not conduct a security screening. This has been confirmed by CBSA Operations Division. I called them and received this info. Also my lawyer called them and he was given the same information. In Canada, officials cannot provide false information. Therefore I do believe this information is accurate. In order to be absolutely sure, however, I would call CBSA operations center, if I were you. I know, it is quite disappointing that there is no clear information how the federal level PR procedures work. This is obviously a clear transparency and accountability problem. Unfortunately we do not have any power to change this at this point. But I promise you I will give my best to make this weakness of Canada's immigration bureaucracy public as soon as I get my PR, for I do believe Canada is a rule of law and thus, this is not acceptable.
Hope this answer helps.
I wish us all a speedy PR and end of this nightmare.

PS: The author of the article, Nicholas Keung, is a friend of mine. He knows this as well.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
The article is basically about refugee claimants for whom there is definitely a security screening processed by the CBSA. On the other hand, for PR applicants from within Canada CBSA does not conduct a security screening. This has been confirmed by CBSA Operations Division. I called them and received this info. Also my lawyer called them and he was given the same information. In Canada, officials cannot provide false information. Therefore I do believe this information is accurate. In order to be absolutely sure, however, I would call CBSA operations center, if I were you. I know, it is quite disappointing that there is no clear information how the federal level PR procedures work. This is obviously a clear transparency and accountability problem. Unfortunately we do not have any power to change this at this point. But I promise you I will
order cbsa notes for your file through atip and you will get to know if cbsa is really involved or not.

Reactions: mamgain

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
The article is basically about refugee claimants for whom there is definitely a security screening processed by the CBSA. On the other hand, for PR applicants from within Canada CBSA does not conduct a security screening. This has been confirmed by CBSA Operations Division. I called them and received this info. Also my lawyer called them and he was given the same information. In Canada, officials cannot provide false information. Therefore I do believe this information is accurate. In order to be absolutely sure, however, I would call CBSA operations center, if I were you. I know, it is quite disappointing that there is no clear information how the federal level PR procedures work. This is obviously a clear transparency and accountability problem. Unfortunately we do not have any power to change this at this point. But I promise you I will give my best to make this weakness of Canada's immigration bureaucracy public as soon as I get my PR, for I do believe Canada is a rule of law and thus, this is not acceptable.
Hope this answer helps.

PS: The author of the article, Nicholas Keung, is a friend of mine. He knows this as well.
You're wrong Matt
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html

Reactions: shaheerjaved

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hope this answer helps.

.. i can understand your plight and believe me folks from program like QSWP (like myself) who have anyways have to wait for 12-13 months for federal process inspite of applying from within Canada ...i myself stuck from last 10 months in federal process...

Last edited:

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hope this answer helps.

The information you got from CBSA is wrong. CBSA is responsible to gather all the intelligence data and issue security clearances. I got my CSIS status letter that mentioned we provide advice to IRCC through CBSA that means we send our advice to CBSA and then CBSA will conclude the final decision. The reason for delay is absolutely CBSA. A group of us contcated an MP that sent a letter to the minister and after months, IRCC told her that the issue is CBSA and they haven't received security clearances from CBSA due to their backlog.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
The information you got from CBSA is wrong. CBSA is responsible to gather all the intelligence data and issue security clearances. I got my CSIS status letter that mentioned we provide advice to IRCC through CBSA that means we send our advice to CBSA and then CBSA will conclude the final decision. The reason for delay is absolutely CBSA. A group of us contcated an MP that sent a letter to the minister and after months, IRCC told her that the issue is CBSA and they haven't received security clearances from CBSA due to their backlog. If Nicolas is a friend of you, please ask him why he did not respond to our request when we contacted him and provided the required information?? We did this before this article about refugees!
i remember you mentioned recommending mandamus a while ago. legalfalcon is looking into the possibility of filing a class action writ of mandamus. please do sign the form i earlier posted a couple of days ago.

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Hope this answer helps.

If all of this is true, then why there is a note that CBSA received the file, CBSA provides the notes with all attached documents like passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates... and finally why is Nicholas Keung if he knows this still interested in writing a story about delays at CBSA and emphasizing the problem is with CBSA indeed so they can not blame other agencies no more?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
The information you got from CBSA is wrong. CBSA is responsible to gather all the intelligence data and issue security clearances. I got my CSIS status letter that mentioned we provide advice to IRCC through CBSA that means we send our advice to CBSA and then CBSA will conclude the final decision.
If all of this is true, then why there is a note that CBSA received the file, CBSA provides the notes with all attached documents like passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates... and finally why is Nicholas Keung if he knows this still interested in writing a story about delays at CBSA and emphasizing the problem is with CBSA indeed so they can not blame other agencies no more?
thats the reason i asked dear matt to order a copy of cbsa notes for himself. thats the only way he will put an end to this newer theory of his which is completely wrong.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
This is the case for applicants that apply from outside Canada.
Applicants from within Canada are not included for CBSA screening.
Any reference for your claim?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
What i understood from various post on forum is that CIC has prepared profiles based on their risk assessment (countries visited ,associate orgs ,names etc) based on VO's assessment they can ask for inputs from any single or multiple agencies -CSIS or CBSA or other source ..and that could be the reason why some apps sails smoothly while others goes in tailspin due to multi-agency clearance ...

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
What i understood from various post on forum is that CIC has prepared profiles based on their risk assessment (countries visited ,associate orgs ,names etc) based on VO's assessment they can ask for inputs from any single or multiple agencies -CSIS or CBSA or other source ..and that could be the reason why some apps sails smoothly while others goes in tailspin due to multi-agency clearance ...
IRCC refers Security Screening request to CBSA. CBSA forwards an SS request to CSIS. But CSIS report is only part of overall SS. IF CSIS reports was everything, there are several applicants who, including Matt, whose CSIS is completed for months, should have gotten the PPR by now.

Most Canadian Missions abroad have a liaison office (which is either manned by CBSA, or CSIS or RCMP e.t.c) within it.. For example in Pakistan this office is manned by RCMP (surprised?) (RCMP Liaison office in Pakistan is also responsible for Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/defence-defense/index.aspx?lang=eng

One purpose of this office among many other functions is "facilitation of information exchanges between Canadian law enforcement and Pakistan law enforcement with regards to all aspects of criminality ranging from terrorism and organized crime to drugs and immigration". So, for me, since i am a Pakistani (and for any Afghan, Tajik, Iranian, Krygz, Turkemani or Uzbek), CBSA, in addition to a request of ss check by CSIS on me, will, also forward a request to RCMP liaison office in Pakistan to run a background check/local verifications on my application.

Once CBSA receives the report from CSIS and RCMP (some other agency can also be involved on request of CBSA) office in Pakistan, it will prepare an admissibility report on me and forward it to IRCC, which have the final say. Please note that in many other missions, instead of RCMP, CBSA or CSIS runs such liaison offices, and in those cases, CBSA will forward request to whichever agency from CBSA or CSIS is running that liaison office for background verifications that needs to be conducted in applicants home country.