+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi All .. can I check with people who were stuck for more than 8 to 9 months and after getting CoPR, how many days or months their entry deadline was extended from last medical expiry date? Need to plan the future steps accordingly and as per deadline. I know usually the validity entry date is 1 year from medical done date.
I also have the same question. My medical us expiring in Nov this year. What if I get my PR before Nov, can I extend time line beyond Nov to land in Canada ?

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
October 30, 2016 is my AOR date.
FSW-O
Ottawa VO
Meds passed on Nov 1
BCG started on Nov.2
I called IRCC yesterday and said my app was approved on July 26.
so that's approximately 9 months since my AOR date.

MY ADVICE to you all is to keep on contacting IRCC using the web form , emails and CALLS. In my case, I contacted CSIS in July ( because I was always told security checks are in progress). CSIS replied saying that they finished my security checks back in APRIL and sent the assessment to IRCC. So, basically IRCC left my app 3 months collecting dust on the shelf. I do believe with all my heart that it hadn't been for my constant frequent emails and calls my app wouldn't have been finalized and it would've taken more time. The tone of my emails/calls after I knew security checks were finalized back in April was a bit confrontational. ( I always included in the email something like " where can I submit a complaint/protest on the way my app is handled". I actually told one of the call agents that I had less trouble dealing with Amazon and Ebay than IRCC)

Good Luck guys

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW-O
Ottawa VO
Meds passed on Nov 1
BCG started on Nov.2

MY ADVICE to you all is to keep on contacting IRCC using the web form , emails and CALLS. In my case, I contacted CSIS in July ( because I was always told security checks are in progress). CSIS replied saying that they finished my security checks back in APRIL and sent the assessment to IRCC. So, basically IRCC left my app 3 months collecting dust on the shelf. I do believe with all my heart that it hadn't been for my constant frequent emails and calls my app wouldn't have been finalized and it would've taken more time. The tone of my emails/calls after I knew security checks were finalized back in April was a bit confrontational. ( I always included in the email something like " where can I submit a complaint/protest on the way my app is handled". I actually told one of the call agents that I had less trouble dealing with Amazon and Ebay than IRCC)

Good Luck guys
did you get your PPR yet then ?

alishanpwc

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
FSW-O
Ottawa VO
Meds passed on Nov 1
BCG started on Nov.2

Good Luck guys
@tonykaram123 how long did it take CSIS to reply ?

x4xp

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
FSW-O
Ottawa VO
Meds passed on Nov 1
BCG started on Nov.2

Good Luck guys

Congratulations for your PPR!! When did you start your Security Screening? You can check that from your GCMS notes under "ACTIVITIES" section or from CSIS letter which states the date that they received Security Screening request from IRCC.

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Congratulations for your PPR!! When did you start your Security Screening? You can check that from your GCMS notes under "ACTIVITIES" section or from CSIS letter which states the date that they received Security Screening request from IRCC.
yeah in the csis letter , ircc sent the screening request on jan. 5 , checks were done april 20th

Maggiechen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
I phoned CIC, the lady told me they started the security check on my husband on March 22nd, and it is still pending. The security check on myself was just started on July 24th. No idea why they did not security check at the same time for us ? This means I have wait at least another 4 months if everything goes smoothly:(

Last edited:

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
I phoned CIC, the lady told me they started the security check on my husband on March 22nd, and it is still pending. The security check on myself was just started on July 24th. No idea why they did not security check at the same time? This means I have wait at least 4 months if everything goes smoothly:(
my security *screening* was started on april 13. my wife security check is still not started. however my perception is that they will not subject my wife to screening. same applies to you in my books.

Maggiechen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
my security *screening* was started on april 13. my wife security check is still not started. however my perception is that they will not subject my wife to screening. same applies to you in my books.
THANK you for your quick reply. You are saying they will not do SS for me although I am the primary applicant ? That will be great. But how can we tell?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi All .. can I check with people who were stuck for more than 8 to 9 months and after getting CoPR, how many days or months their entry deadline was extended from last medical expiry date? Need to plan the future steps accordingly and as per deadline. I know usually the validity entry date is 1 year from medical done date.
I have a similar question (may be). What happens if application gets approved but COPR gets delayed and medical examination expires. Will IRCC ask applicant to go for fresh medical examination before issuing COPR or will issue COPR and then before landing, they will make this mandatory to send clear medical report to IRCC ? In the similar fashionn, what happens if case gets approved, you get your COPR and before landing your 1 year of medical exam expires? Do you need to go for medical before landing or it's not required after COPR gets issued?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
THANK you for your quick reply. You are saying they will not do SS for me although I am the primary applicant ? That will be great. But how can we tell?
just my hunch. I believe they will just run a basic security check on my wife which clears in a day. I have seen a case where a lady who was the primary applicant only got a simple security check whereas her husband got stuck in screening.
p.s. gcms notes can tell you more. I.e were you or your husband selected for screening or normal security check

Reactions: Maggiechen

Aeliya

Aug 5, 2017
Could you please shed some light on how to contact the minister' office?
Thanks

They have no right to reject you because of any email...well maybe if it was full of cussing/swearing and threats lol ....

As for being assertive, I think it was mainly about me reminding them of how much they are delaying me on purpose (for months) and stating that I deserve priority and any workload on their officers should not come at my expense and I need a reply asap or else I will be escalating my case (as in emailing the minister's office which i had done before and their reply was that they checked my case and with my visa office and I was on security checking which they cannot impact nor compromise on but this time the minister office would have seen that there was no need for any delay like this)

Don't be rude nor disrespectful, we are better than that and them (IRCC call agents are the rudest people I have dealt with) ....just be assertive while insisting on your right for transparent answers (as long as it is not security checking) ..and remind them of their laziness and incompetence indirectly and that you are human not a pile of papers :)
you