+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
So, nearly reaching my 6 month mark now, within 3 weeks. My AOR is February 1, 2017. So, it seems like this is the group that I should now be looking to join.... :confused:

My background check went into IP2 on the 3rd of June.

I sent an email in mid-June to Ottawa and received the following reply:
Your file is currently under review at the VO and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

They requested a Schedule A from me afterwards, which I sent almost immediately. That was around 20 days ago. No updates since.

Has anyone else received similar messages? Have I been selected for the Security Screening? If so, any idea how long that should take?

Many thanks all!
Have you requested GCMS notes? That is the only way to know if your case is under SS

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
I received my 2nd GCMS notes yesterday and it appears that was a lot of activities under "Verification" section in the past month or so. They have been verifying validity of the docs I provided and some other things hidden with s16c in the corner. The last three activities now are Verification, so it comes after Security Screening. Does that mean that SS is over or it can run at the same time with this Verification process? My eligibility is passed in January, and Verification was due by 25th June. Notes were generated on 14th June, so I don't know how that ended, but I had a "Application Updated" status in Mycic when I logged in sometime around 25th June (no e-mail, no changes, just the status was saying "updated" and after I checked it, it reverted back to submitted).
I tried calling Vienna VO, but they don't accept calls, it's just a machine telling you to send an e-mail. I had already submitted CSE a couple of weeks ago.

Question for everyone who has their GCMS notes, what do you have under Verification section and when is it done?

Last edited:

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Received by GCMS notes yesterday.

it's a 131 page document and not really sure what the key points are to notice.

I can read that, eligibility, criminality and medical have been passed.

Group #: 2-L7QTRYG
Name: PNP Secure Outstanding
Type : PR - Temporary Processing

Is this is the jinxed group that takes forever to process the security background ?

:(

AOR 3rd, Dec 2016

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Received by GCMS notes yesterday.

it's a 131 page document and not really sure what the key points are to notice.

I can read that, eligibility, criminality and medical have been passed.

Group #: 2-L7QTRYG
Name: PNP Secure Outstanding
Type : PR - Temporary Processing

Is this is the jinxed group that takes forever to process the security background ?

:(

AOR 3rd, Dec 2016
Yep, that's the one.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-shows-pnp-secure-outstanding-and-waiting-get-together-here-t484989.10000.html

sumandeepk2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Hi All,

I am a December 17, 2016 AOR, FSW- Outland. I received my GCMS notes couple of days back.

The notes states:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed

Notes were generated on 06/15/2017- Primary Office: New Delhi, Secondary Office: CIO

My Application has crossed 6 months and eligibility is showing Not Started. Can anyone please help me understand what is happening?

Should I order another set of Notes or wait for some time? Any advice is appreciated.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Hi All,

I am a December 17, 2016 AOR, FSW- Outland. I received my GCMS notes couple of days back.

The notes states:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed

Notes were generated on 06/15/2017- Primary Office: New Delhi, Secondary Office: CIO

My Application has crossed 6 months and eligibility is showing Not Started. Can anyone please help me understand what is happening?

Should I order another set of Notes or wait for some time? Any advice is appreciated.
You should raise CSE as you have passed 6 months and email ND LVO requesting an update

sumandeepk2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
You should raise CSE as you have passed 6 months and email ND LVO requesting an update
Yes- I did that today. I raised a CSE to New Delhi Visa Office, it said it will take 28 days for them to get back with a response. Do you happen to know NDVO's direct email ID? I saw it somewhere in the forum but I can't find it now.

I raised a CSE on June 19th as well- after the completion of my 6th month but I never got a reply.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Hello all. I am a November applicant (AOR: 13 November -- FSW-O), and in less than a week, I will complete my 8th month! Truly irritated at this extremely unfair process. There are people from April who Have received their PPRs (with much fewer CRS points than us) and here we are, waiting for (potentially) six additional months (or more) just because we are unlucky enough to undergo this completely arbitrary process (Security Screening).

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed, so perhaps that email reminded them that my application existed and that they should be doing something about it).

This is truly unfair.

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
Hello all. I am a November applicant (AOR: 13 November -- FSW-O), and in less than a week, I will complete my 8th month! Truly irritated at this extremely unfair process. There are people from April who Have received their PPRs (with much fewer CRS points than us) and here we are, waiting for (potentially) six additional months (or more) just because we are unlucky enough to undergo this completely arbitrary process (Security Screening).

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed, so perhaps that email reminded them that my application existed and that they should be doing something about it).

This is truly unfair.
Hi
You are most likely selected for detailed SS (Security Screening) which extends beyond the 6-month processing.
Ordering GCMS notes would help in your situation.

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017

This is truly unfair.
My application stayed on table of LVO for more than 5 months, when I raised CSE after 6 months time mark, right after two days I start receiving emails from LVO for more documents and passport copies even though these were already provided, so I started seeing some movement after CSE was raised. CSE is like wakeup caller for them, this reminds them Dear Officer, please wakeup and make your Salary Halaal by doing something.
Just yesterday 7th month finished, Background check is changed to In Process, Let's see when that Golden Email comes to send passport for visa stamping.

Reactions: salkhan

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Hi
You are most likely selected for detailed SS (Security Screening) which extends beyond the 6-month processing.
Ordering GCMS notes would help in your situation.
My application is selected for security screening. My problem is; first: Why? I've never held a government job, I've traveled to only four countries which are not hot zones or anything. So is it an arbitrary thing that if they don't like your name they choose you?
Second, why did no one touch my application for five full months, and they started working on it AFTER six months had passed? It just shows how clumsy and unprofessional (some) of these people are.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
My application stayed on table of LVO for more than 5 months, when I raised CSE after 6 months time mark, right after two days I start receiving emails from LVO for more documents and passport copies even though these were already provided, so I started seeing some movement after CSE was raised. CSE is like wakeup caller for them, this reminds them Dear Officer, please wakeup and make your Salary Halaal by doing something.
Just yesterday 7th month finished, Background check is changed to In Process, Let's see when that Golden Email comes to send passport for visa stamping.
Exactly like me! My beef is not that I was (arbitrarily) chosen for security screening, my issue is that I received AOR on Nov 13, had eligibility passed on Nov 28, file sent to PVO on Nov 30, and there they forgot about my file for 5 full months. I sent them an email on May 16, they replied within a day, and literally immediately after that (May 17), my background changed to in progress and they started asking for additional documents and started security screening. Seems like my email woke them up. But why in the world did they throw my file away for five months and resumed working on it only after I emailed them and after the normal six months had passes. This is very unfair and extremely unprofessional.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4 days and I'll cross the 6 months mark. With a CRS score of 478 and a travel history of 2 countries, I do not know why its taking so long!!
Ordered GCMS, second set of notes expected in the coming week.
Will update chaps.

ajisam

Star Member
May 14, 2016

This is truly unfair.

This is truly unfair.
dont worry we waited 16 month to get PPR u only 8 months

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
4 days and I'll cross the 6 months mark. With a CRS score of 478 and a travel history of 2 countries, I do not know why its taking so long!!
Ordered GCMS, second set of notes expected in the coming week.
Will update chaps.
get in line :p
Inland applicant with 4 year residency in Canada are waiting for almost 9-10 months after AOR :p