+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

mohammed.xyzt

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hello, everyone.
OK, I am totally fed up with the IRCC and lost all hope.
I applied and got the AOR on the 25th of August, 2015 (be careful, not 2016), more than 16 months ago!
I passed eligibility and the background check went in progress on December 24th, 2015 (again 2015, not 2016).
The CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) submitted its security screening results on the 19th of January, 2016 to the IRCC (almost a year ago), but I still haven't received a decision till now.
Why the hell is security taking more than a year now, when I have already in Canada for the past 4 years on a study permit for my PhD?! And they do renew the study permit every year without problem. So obviously, they don't think I am a security threat to Canada! And I lived in Canada for the past 4 without having any problems with the law, or with anyone actually!!!!!!
And the same in home country of Egypt, I didn't have any problems with the law or join any political parties, groups, or organizations!
I am totally fed up and thinking about complaining against the IRCC.
Any ideas to whom I can send my complaint or at least describe my situation?
I am thinking Minister of Immigration, MPs, the media, ...
And will complaining affect the decision in any way? Like they get mad and reject my application?
Any suggestions?

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
I applied and got the AOR on the 25th of August, 2015 (be careful, not 2016), more than 16 months ago!
I passed eligibility and the background check went in progress on December 24th, 2015 (again 2015, not 2016).
The CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) submitted its security screening results on the 19th of January, 2016 to the IRCC (almost a year ago), but I still haven't received a decision till now.
Why the hell is security taking more than a year now, when I have already in Canada for the past 4 years on a study permit for my PhD?! And they do renew the study permit every year without problem. So obviously, they don't think I am a security threat to Canada! And I lived in Canada for the past 4 without having any problems with the law, or with anyone actually!!!!!!
And the same in home country of Egypt, I didn't have any problems with the law or join any political parties, groups, or organizations!
And will complaining affect the decision in any way? Like they get mad and reject my application?
Any suggestions?
Brother, condolences from my side first. I might not realize your real pain because I'm at an early stage of my application but my suggestion are as follows:

1. First you mail to VO or raise CSE & if No definitive or conclusive result
2. Call to CIC agents for information on your application & if No definitive or conclusive result
3. Order GCMS for useful notes on delay & if No definitive or conclusive result
4. Contact CSIS/CBSA for security result submission to IRCC & if No definitive or conclusive result (if stuck at CSIS, put complaint to Security Intelligence Review Committee (SIRC)
5. Contact with immigration minister & explain him your case & if No definitive or conclusive result
6. File a writ of mandamus, the last thing you could do - The best post about mandamus is HERE

Thank you.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
Any suggestions?
I was just wondering...are you waiting for your express entry to be accepted (i.e. accepted into the pool of express entry candidates) or are you waiting for movement on a PR application (i.e. you were already invited to apply for PR)

C.

mohammed.xyzt

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
chilkootcee said:
I was just wondering...are you waiting for your express entry to be accepted (i.e. accepted into the pool of express entry candidates) or are you waiting for movement on a PR application (i.e. you were already invited to apply for PR)

C.
I already applied for PR on August 25th, 2015 and met eligibility. I am waiting for the final decision, hopefully PPR.
I have been waiting for more than 16 months, while they said that the processing time is only 6 months!!!!!!!!!! That's why I am posting in this topic actually.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
Any suggestions?
I'm sorry about this long delay. Unfortunately, some cases might go into a spin when in-depth security checks (or other BG checks) have to be performed. I suppose you could order GCMS notes to see what is going on (if you haven't ordered it in a while).

Refer this post where Qorax has beautifully explained about BG checks.

I hope that you'll receive your PPR soon! Wish you good luck and all the very best.

EDIT: You might try contacting the MP responsible for your area and explain to him that you have been waiting for so long without any updated. S/he might be able to help you get some information.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
mohammed.xyzt said:
I already applied for PR on August 25th, 2015 and met eligibility. I am waiting for the final decision, hopefully PPR.
I have been waiting for more than 16 months, while they said that the processing time is only 6 months!!!!!!!!!! That's why I am posting in this topic actually.
You may contact with immigration minister explaining your situation. Somebody did this and speed up his process.

Gatari

Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@chilkootcee
Please check what's AOR mean, then you will see your reply was very inappropriate. Mohammed was fed up with IRCC already, dont torture him with such comment.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
Any suggestions?
Hi,

As your immigration security screening was already done by the CSIS, the next you should check is CBSA.
Contact CBSA and enquire about your immigration security screening. As you are in Canada, you can submit a direct online request.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

After getting to know your CBSA status, you would be in a better position to find out where the actual delay is from.

And yes, these delays are really frustrating.

Good luck!

Edit:
It's really bad if an applicant has to figure out what organizations/agencies are involved in these background checks/verification(s) and then has to run after them to find out the status of their part of the processing and/or try to ask them to finish their job. : /

You can use the writ of Mandamus option as the delay from other organizations has got nothing to do with the applicants, we the applicants are IRCC's direct clients and it's IRCC's responsibility to make sure those organizations/third parties [which IRCC hires/uses for its services] respond to IRCC in time so that IRCC can render its overall services to its clients [the applicants] in an appropriate manner matching its service standards and expected timelines.

There's nothing wrong with demanding a decision on your application if it gets delayed beyond the promised/expected processing timeline.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Que Em said:
Hi,

As your immigration security screening was already done by the CSIS, the next you should check is CBSA.
Contact CBSA and enquire about your immigration security screening. As you are in Canada, you can submit a direct online request.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

After getting to know your CBSA status, you would be in a better position to find out where the actual delay is from.

And yes, these delays are really frustrating.

Good luck!

Edit:
It's really bad if an applicant has to figure out what organizations/agencies are involved in these background checks/verification(s) and then has to run after them to find out the status of their part of the processing and/or try to ask them to finish their job. : /

You can use the writ of Mandamus option as the delay from other organizations has got nothing to do with the applicants, we the applicants are IRCC's direct clients and it's IRCC's responsibility to make sure those organizations/third parties [which IRCC hires/uses for its services] respond to IRCC in time so that IRCC can render its overall services to its clients [the applicants] in an appropriate manner matching its service standards and expected timelines.

There's nothing wrong with demanding a decision on your application if it gets delayed beyond the promised/expected processing timeline.
Totally agreed with you bro!

Gatari

Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just realized there's something not right with my application via the GCMSnote. Per their update on April 2016, on the security section, the status is "not started", however there's due date of 2nd December 2016. Does it mean they only start my security check on 2nd December 2016. If my understanding is correct, then there's no meaning with their commitment to process each application in 6 months given since the beginning, they already decided to process my application longer than that.

I'm waiting for my GCMSnote which will be available by end of this month to see the progress.

Please share your view on this

Thanks

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
Any suggestions?
I feel you. I have been waiting for 15 months, and my background check has been ongoing since March 5 last year. I wrote to CSIS three times and never received a response from them. I also requested CBSA ATIP notes and am waiting for those at the moment.
I wrote to the Minister and never received any kind of reply from him. Sadly, I cannot write to the MP since I am outland, but I heard some people did that and it didn't really do anything in the long run. I wrote countless emails to Ottawa, some angry, some filled with complaints, some desperate... nothing. They told me not to write to them again as they will not respond. I think that after spending several thousand dollars on their processing fees I at least deserve an answer to my questions, but that's IRCC.
After I receive my CBSA notes, I am planning to write to Ottawa again with a warning that I am engaging a lawyer and starting work on Writ of Mandamus. Maybe that gets them moving. If not, well, I am definitely going ahead with it.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Gatari said:
Hi,

I just realized there's something not right with my application via the GCMSnote. Per their update on April 2016, on the security section, the status is "not started", however there's due date of 2nd December 2016. Does it mean they only start my security check on 2nd December 2016. If my understanding is correct, then there's no meaning with their commitment to process each application in 6 months given since the beginning, they already decided to process my application longer than that.

I'm waiting for my GCMSnote which will be available by end of this month to see the progress.

Thanks
I always have some doubt about this "Due Date" term mentioned in GCMS notes. Why it is for? No idea. How this date comes from? No idea. Some due dates are even showed 6-8 months later from generation date of GCMS. What is the significance? No idea.

So far my idea goes, this date is a kind of reminder or trigger for the system to update that specific assessment. Or some kind of expiration of that specific assessment under that note.

Hopefully, you will see some progress or new notes from the GCMS you're supposed to get at the end of this month. But, I also fear, you will see just a new "Due Date" and the rest of your notes will remain same.

Lets see. Thanks

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Gatari said:
Hi,

Thanks
Brother, I just noticed that your BG check had gone into progress from 16th of December, 2016. It's a great move indeed. You are almost there. Just hold strong a little bit and you'll have the good news soon.

Thanks

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
Any suggestions?
Hi Mohammed,
We are exactly in the same boat. I can understand your frustration.
IRCC is just taking the advantage of the people who wants to get Canadian PR and hence not escalating much because of the fear of getting rejected by IRCC. They know people wont escalate much and hence are so arrogant.

I have tried writing to the minister as well but got the same reply ( not from minister but surprisingly from IRCC) that my app is under process and they will get back to me if any additional information is required from their side. After one month of writing that mail, I called up their call center yesterday and got that same stupid response that BG check is not yet completed and to call back if nothing happens by April 2017.

I think all of us who are delayed should at least make it a practice to Copy minister in any communication we are doing with IRCC...may be when his mail id will be stuffed with so many delayed application then he will pull IRCC to process the delayed applications.

A joint petition to the minister / prime minister from all of us would be another option.

People who are based out of Canada can use lawyer to file writ but I don't think that's feasible for most of the people outside Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
taekwondo said:
Hi Mohammed,
We are exactly in the same boat. I can understand your frustration.
IRCC is just taking the advantage of the people who wants to get Canadian PR and hence not escalating much because of the fear of getting rejected by IRCC. They know people wont escalate much and hence are so arrogant.

I have tried writing to the minister as well but got the same reply ( not from minister but surprisingly from IRCC) that my app is under process and they will get back to me if any additional information is required from their side. After one month of writing that mail, I called up their call center yesterday and got that same stupid response that BG check is not yet completed and to call back if nothing happens by April 2017.

I think all of us who are delayed should at least make it a practice to Copy minister in any communication we are doing with IRCC...may be when his mail id will be stuffed with so many delayed application then he will pull IRCC to process the delayed applications.

A joint petition to the minister / prime minister from all of us would be another option.

People who are based out of Canada can use lawyer to file writ but I don't think that's feasible for most of the people outside Canada.
Oh my, this is another terrible timeline. I am very sorry.

Have you ordered GCMS notes? Notes from the personnel handling our applications can give valuable information about what is going on with the application.