+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I called CBSA today. The agent who I was talking with told me that CBSA is not involved in security screening. They are the enforcement organization. They do not conduct security screening. She recommended me to contact with IRCC for a status update. I said I already contacted IRCC multiple times and every time I was told that CBSA is conducting a security check. Then the agent told me: "Sir, CBSA is not involved in this matter. I cannot provide you an information which I do not have!". She was very convincing.
The Number I called is (902) 454 3725.
What do you say?
My CSIS GCMS notes clearly says that they conducted my screening for the client name CBSA. My guess is the CBSA agent does not have enough information about that or they are not allowed to talk about that. and also CBSA pages say that they do indeed perform background check.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
cant say for sure.
My CSIS GCMS notes clearly says that they conducted my screening for the client name CBSA. My guess is the CBSA agent does not have enough information about that or they are not allowed to talk about that. and also CBSA pages say that they do indeed perform background check.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html

Canadian government officers and agents must not give wrong information. They must be truthful. If they do not know the answer of a question they cannot guess. What we have written in our GCMS notes mention the name of the CBSA but they do not say CBSA does security screening. I guess CSIS technically do not contact IRCC. The communication takes place over CBSA which is a kind of mediator. This is how I see the situation after I called them. But why don't you give them a call and confront them with this GCSM info? Then you can provide the info you get from CBSA here. Please do it. We finally have to solve the mystery of this James Bond type of ridiculous procedure buddy.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
cant say for sure.
I believe that the whole deduced hype about security screening is a fallacy, but of course YMMV.

Maybe it's just different wordings by different officers, some write security, others security screening, and recently there's "verifications" too

Reactions: AFUA2017

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
Morning everyone!

Is there any info or a tracker (except for the one with 13 cases) to see what's the average processing time for SS? Is it 3-6 months or longer?

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Reactions: Lupus

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
I believe that the whole deduced hype about security screening is a fallacy, but of course YMMV.

Maybe it's just different wordings by different officers, some write security, others security screening, and recently there's "verifications" too
Dear, you are absolutely right

Miles Away

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2017
I got an answer from my MP:
Good day ....,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We have verified the information that you provided to us on behalf of your constituent. The verifications with CSIS has be received, and added to the file, however, the security clearance remains in process, as the file is pending the processing officer’s review. Please note, that security clearances may involve other government agencies.

If the responsible office requires additional documents, they will communicate with your constituent directly.

Your constituent may also consult the online Help Centre or our website to find answers to other questions they may have.

We hope this information is helpful. If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

agent 3736
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

So I am not sure if my application is pending for security screening or the officer final review. Any idea?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I got an answer from my MP:
Good day ....,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We have verified the information that you provided to us on behalf of your constituent. The verifications with CSIS has be received, and added to the file, however, the security clearance remains in process, as the file is pending the processing officer’s review. Please note, that security clearances may involve other government agencies.

If the responsible office requires additional documents, they will communicate with your constituent directly.

Your constituent may also consult the online Help Centre or our website to find answers to other questions they may have.

We hope this information is helpful. If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

agent 3736
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

So I am not sure if my application is pending for security screening or the officer final review. Any idea?
If CSIS completed your security a year ago (August 2016), why you are not starting the legal process by hiring a lawyer?

Reactions: Miles Away

Miles Away

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2017
If CSIS completed your security a year ago (August 2016), why you are not starting the legal process by hiring a lawyer?
CSIS is not the only agency conducting security screening. My application is at CSBA

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
CSIS is not the only agency conducting security screening. My application is at CSBA
Doesn't matter. If your application has been delayed for a significant time you can start the legal process. CSIS is the main part of the security screening and send the report through CBSA but we know that for some reason either CBSA or CIC is not working on our cases. If you are an EE applicant and you have significant delay you can hire a lawyer for Mandamus process. According to law, CIC is responsible to make a decision on your case within the standard time and security screening is not a good reason for the delay in the court unless you have previous background concerns.

Reactions: Maggiechen

Miles Away

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2017
Doesn't matter. If your application has been delayed for a significant time you can start the legal process. CSIS is the main part of the security screening and send the report through CBSA but we know that for some reason either CBSA or CIC is not working on our cases. If you are an EE applicant and you have significant delay you can hire a lawyer for Mandamus process. According to law, CIC is responsible to make a decision on your case within the standard time and security screening is not a good reason for the delay in the court unless you have previous background concerns.
Its been a while that I m thinking about hiring a lawyer...