+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Cowkiki said:
Try registered mail. I did it twice, fax and registered mail.
Hello Cowkiki,

Did you attach the consent form to your request letter you sent to CSIS?

Thank you in advance.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
Hello Cowkiki,

Did you attach the consent form to your request letter you sent to CSIS?

Thank you in advance.
In fact, I just wrote my name and the Canadian address (CSIS did not specify that the applicant has to reside in Canada). No consent form was involved.

I do know others attached the consent form and in both cases we all got the reply.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
DreamCanada16 said:
@Que Em

I saw ur post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/understanding-gcms-notes-t366708.1335.html

Its says that u got S. 15(1) in July GCMS. Does that means from day first u were having S.15(1) on security page since day first or u got it changed at later stage
Hi DreamCanada16,

I requested my first GCMS notes in April, after my application had already exceeded the normal processing time of six months, and the notes had s.15(1) mentioned on them wherever the security part was redacted.

On contacting CSIS, I found out that my immigration screening was already concluded back in early March. So, the first ever set of GCMS notes I requested was after my security was already done.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Tocanadawego said:
I am getting so frustrated with CSIS. I have faxed them twice already about my security screening status and have not received any response. You guys who've done it and received a reply, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm an outland applicant, so I put together a short letter with a request for status on my file, and I included all the details they ask for on their website. In addition to that I included a name and address of a designated individual in Canada to receive the reply. I also filled out the consent form and attached everything together and faxed it to them. Does this sound about right, or am I totally wrong here? Is my friend in Canada supposed to do the whole thing, including the letter and everything? I am confused as to why they are not sending me any response.
I did the same and CSIS replied to my request within a week (as per the date printed on the letter).
However, my relative emailed me the scan much later. I am not sure if the delay was because of the postal service or my relative just forgot to send me the scan (and did so only on my inquiry later).

So, you have to get in touch with the person you have authorized to receive the letter from the CSIS. And, if they never got any letter from the CSIS, then try sending your request again through a registered mail/courier (as Cowkiki has mentioned above).

Good luck!

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Que Em said:
I did the same and CSIS replied to my request within a week (as per the date printed on the letter).
However, my relative emailed me the scan much later. I am not sure if the delay was because of the postal service or my relative just forgot to send me the scan (and did so only on my inquiry later).

So, you have to get in touch with the person you have authorized to receive the letter from the CSIS. And, if they never got any letter from the CSIS, then try sending your request again through a registered mail/courier (as Cowkiki has mentioned above).

Good luck!
hi queEm,

does an update from csis(say positive) indicate that eligibility is met and bg started, and its just a matter of time.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Que Em said:
Hi DreamCanada16,

I requested my first GCMS notes in April, after my application had already exceeded the normal processing time of six months, and the notes had s.15(1) mentioned on them wherever the security part was redacted.

On contacting CSIS, I found out that my immigration screening was already concluded back in early March. So, the first ever set of GCMS notes I requested was after my security was already done.
So may be the post by someone in other thread was right about S 15 (1). It says that it apears once security is done.

I got S.15 (1) first time yesterday. So may be my security is done now

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
canadianrrk said:
hi queEm,

does an update from csis(say positive) indicate that eligibility is met and bg started, and its just a matter of time.
Hello canadianrrk,

If an applicant receives a letter stating that CSIS has completed its review, it usually means that the screening part of immigration is done. IRCC might consult foreign organizations/entities for their advice and/or any kind of verification/investigation. Also, nobody knows how exactly IRCC processes immigration applications [especially, the background checks and verification(s) part]. So, one cannot say that if security is concluded, an application is ready for finalization. However, under normal circumstances, this (security/immigration screening) is usually the last part, i.e., an application is first assessed for completeness, then eligibility and the correctness of the information, and finally for admissibility.

So, generally speaking, if security part is complete, one can assume that the most part of the application processing is also done and it's just a matter of time before an officer can pick that application to review for the last time before sending a PPR/RFV email.

Normally, if admissibility (security) is done, it means 'everything' is complete and application is good to go.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
DreamCanada16 said:
So may be the post by someone in other thread was right about S 15 (1). It says that it apears once security is done.

So, it wasn't mentioned on your previous notes and there was nothing hidden under your security section?

I am not sure if any part of information can be redacted from the GCMS notes without mentioning the applicable section/clause.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
DreamCanada16 said:
If your previous notes didn't have s.15(1) mentioned against your security pages and there was nothing hidden (security status was written as 'not started'), then, your security screening is probably over (or maybe, still 'in progress').

The only way to confirm this is by requesting an update from the CSIS.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Que Em said:
So, it wasn't mentioned on your previous notes and there was nothing hidden under your security section?

I am not sure if any part of information can be redacted from the GCMS notes without mentioning the applicable section/clause.
No I don't think so. My first set of gcms notes was generated before the security check was complete and S15(1) was already in my notes.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Cowkiki said:
No I don't think so. My first set of gcms notes was generated before the security check was complete and S15(1) was already in my notes.
Only S.15 (1) or u were having others codes as well. I m taking half heartedly positive as i got these first time otherwise i was having s21 and s26 before this.

Dod any of u got ur spouse notes included in ur gcms notes or it was only PA notes ?

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
DreamCanada16 said:
Only S.15 (1) or u were having others codes as well. I m taking half heartedly positive as i got these first time otherwise i was having s21 and s26 before this.

Dod any of u got ur spouse notes included in ur gcms notes or it was only PA notes ?
Just re-read my first set of gcms notes, S.15(1) and S.16(1)c.

My opinion is the data access officer just randomly picks some clauses to cover the security part, it can be S.15(1) or S.16(1)C or other clauses relating to security information. That is to say, no indication of whether the security check has been done.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Cowkiki said:
Just re-read my first set of gcms notes, S.15(1) and S.16(1)c.

My opinion is the data access officer just randomly picks some clauses to cover the security part, it can be S.15(1) or S.16(1)C or other clauses relating to security information. That is to say, no indication of whether the security check has been done.
I agree with you. I've had both in my GCSM for a long time now, and my background check is not finished yet.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
I am getting so frustrated with CSIS. I have faxed them twice already about my security screening status and have not received any response. You guys who've done it and received a reply, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm an outland applicant, so I put together a short letter with a request for status on my file, and I included all the details they ask for on their website. In addition to that I included a name and address of a designated individual in Canada to receive the reply. I also filled out the consent form and attached everything together and faxed it to them. Does this sound about right, or am I totally wrong here? Is my friend in Canada supposed to do the whole thing, including the letter and everything? I am confused as to why they are not sending me any response.
Be patient a bit, though I dont know when you applied. I just got response from my canada contact yesterday with a feedback from CSIS, I made a request on Oct.7, hopefully it will arrived soon. However, it was my details we I used instead of my spouse, I have to send another request with spouse detail again. :D :D :D