+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thompson Rivers University Post-Baccalaureate Diploma - Marketing

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
OIL and GAS industry does not require much marketing job, even accounting job also difficult to find a job in Calgary. I do actually not go to Toronto or Vancouver, I will directly come to Calgary because my sister family there and they will support accommodation to me.

sneha_applyjan15

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
:eek: :eek: Hey Guys I have to be honest with you all TRU and George Brown cannot be compared cause both have different strengths and different weakness.

However you all must not be aware that there is a Cap system from now on in Calgary on the number of people that would get PR because they have had too many applicants.

I suggest stick to TRU and move to Vancouver on completion of your course.If you need info abt tru inbox me I have studied there

immigrantmumbai

Aug 18, 2014
sneha_applyjan15 said:
:eek: :eek: Hey Guys I have to be honest with you all TRU and George Brown cannot be compared cause both have different strengths and different weakness.

However you all must not be aware that there is a Cap system from now on in Calgary on the number of people that would get PR because they have had too many applicants.

I suggest stick to TRU and move to Vancouver on completion of your course.If you need info abt tru inbox me I have studied there
What a relive to finally find someone who has studied from TRU!
Please check your inbox!

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Thank you all for your responses...As we all are in same boat, I like to put my situation in front of you all and take best available option for me.

B.Sc, Bio-tech , have 5 years exp as CustomerSErviceExecutive in one of international banking center in India.

Me and my husband planning to move to Canada, me on student visa and my husband on Open work permit.

Now my priorities are

Ready to do any Masters ( if any univ accepts 3 yrs bachelor degree ) or any PG diploma

---Easy route to PR

--Very cheap fee, less cost of living as we dont have any loans, and expenses are from our pockets and potential part-time jobs.

--Chance of part-time jobs for myslef

--Chance of fulltime IT jobs for my husband, in same place

As of now I have TORONTO in mind, as its big city my chances of getting part time jobs are good n my husband can start from small IT jobs if not atleast odd jobs..

Sorry for two many questions, Can someone please help me in this regard.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
luckyBoy said:
Thank you all for your responses...As we all are in same boat, I like to put my situation in front of you all and take best available option for me.

B.Sc, Bio-tech , have 5 years exp as CustomerSErviceExecutive in one of international banking center in India.

Me and my husband planning to move to Canada, me on student visa and my husband on Open work permit.

Now my priorities are

Ready to do any Masters ( if any univ accepts 3 yrs bachelor degree ) or any PG diploma

---Easy route to PR

--Very cheap fee, less cost of living as we dont have any loans, and expenses are from our pockets and potential part-time jobs.

--Chance of part-time jobs for myslef

--Chance of fulltime IT jobs for my husband, in same place

As of now I have TORONTO in mind, as its big city my chances of getting part time jobs are good n my husband can start from small IT jobs if not atleast odd jobs..

Sorry for two many questions, Can someone please help me in this regard.
As you said, we are the same boat. Like me, I have quite good job in my home country (I only can earn half salary in Canada compare with my current salary), I have my sister in law in Canada. I think go to Canada we already take a risk, almost person I known the objective of PR in Canada is not money but they want environment life and for their Kids education.

I think, firstly we need clear our end objective is PR. So, a few milestone is very important to us.

- Get Visa and study permit (we have to find down the course what Visa officer will issue visa to you and change college later)
- Choose location where you can find a part time job to support your living expenses and your spouse can find a job support your studying or your Kids's expenses ( your family member who can support us during we study in Canada)
- Choose college what we will easy to have a job in NOC O, A or B so that we can apply PR later on (CEC route), 2 years course and 3 years work permit.

As said, if we choose location and we also choose the course to study. I read a lot of post, they said it is quite difficult to find a job in Canada if you have Master. My opinion do not recommend master course if we just land to Canada, you can do later if you have experience in Canada.

Sorry for my terrible English but hope you can understand.

immigrantmumbai

Aug 18, 2014
Thank you guys for replying!
Can you'll please confirm one thing again :
If I study for the 2 years PBDM from TRU, I will be eligible for the 3 year PGWPP (work permit) for sure right?

immigrantmumbai

Aug 18, 2014
sneha_applyjan15 said:
immigrant Mumbai all of my friends including me received three years work permit so I don't think that's an issue at all...
Thank you Sneha! Do you mind sharing your number so that we can chat on whatsapp? I just need se help with TRU. If you don't mind that is!

sneha_applyjan15

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
;D lucky boy i completely understand your needs and would have suggest TRU because as per a university standards it has an affordable fee structure and besides tru there are many other options .. please let me know if you need more information regarding colleges in toronto.. there is GBC , Seneca ...

the course matters more than the place .. of study from visa point of view..

;D