Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
GoonerClank said:
I found this pic on the PAFSO facebook page, (a VO office - not sure which one) looks like our apps are in safe hands. I think I see the self in the back corner.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=100754513461776&set=o.356565487753628&type=1&theater

The text reads "Working conditions during my overseas posting. Not a cocktail in sight."

I think I see my application! I really feel sorry for our hardworking Visa officers after seeing this one.​

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I don't see the dartboards..........

This level of "organization" doesn't surprise me, but as someone with Order OCD, it makes me want to cry... and clean.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Is that a woman on the top right, looks like she is building another block of paper

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
thanks for the laugh !

For the life of me--------why cant they hire more VO's and add the cost to landing fees (thus not affecting the taxpayer) ? Common sense is not always common ! ???

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
gsize said:
thanks for the laugh !

For the life of me--------why cant they hire more VO's and add the cost to landing fees (thus not affecting the taxpayer) ? Common sense is not always common ! ???
Sure! An extra $500 for a better process would be okay with me. No wonder applications are picked out of order. I see why mine, in a giant box, was always on the bottom! It was great to pile stuff on top of.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
gsize said:
thanks for the laugh !

Landing Fee needs to be the same for all classes (Family, FSW, CEC) or else CIC would show favoritism.

Canada is engaged in a recruiting war with Australia, NZ, and the USA for Skilled Workers. Given it's cold climate, it's not exactly winning that war. Lower fees help attract immigrants.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
amikety said:
Canada is engaged in a recruiting war with Australia, NZ, and the USA for Skilled Workers. Given it's cold climate, it's not exactly winning that war. Lower fees help attract immigrants.
I don't agree with Canada that this is the best way to get the best immigrants. Many of these people, given all their privilege and choices, come with such a sense of entitlement, thinking they could have gone anywhere and asking what can Canada offer them. I would rather they take my humble spouse, who is not from a privileged background, is grateful to be in Canada and will work hard.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Steph C said:
I don't agree with Canada that this is the best way to get the best immigrants. Many of these people, given all their privilege and choices, come with such a sense of entitlement, thinking they could have gone anywhere and asking what can Canada offer them. I would rather they take my humble spouse, who is not from a privileged background, is grateful to be in Canada and will work hard.
It's all about money. If you're interested, do some research on the failures of the FSW program to stimulate the Canadian economy. It's actually very gloomy.

Canada's viewpoint is it needs skilled workers to keep up with other "developed" nations.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable discussing what I've learned publicly because I know I'll be blasted for repeating the research performed at reputation universities- but research USA immigration failures as well and the economic impact. If you do that, you may see why Canada has FSW as their priority. I am not saying it's right, but I am saying money talks.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
amikety said:
It's all about money. If you're interested, do some research on the failures of the FSW program to stimulate the Canadian economy. It's actually very gloomy.

Canada's viewpoint is it needs skilled workers to keep up with other "developed" nations.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable discussing what I've learned publicly because I know I'll be blasted for repeating the research performed at reputation universities- but research USA immigration failures as well and the economic impact. If you do that, you may see why Canada has FSW as their priority. I am not saying it's right, but I am saying money talks.
Well, they are certainly not very forward looking when they re-open Grandparent sponsorship yet at the same time limit the sponsoring of Dependent children to the young age of 18. They don't want Family class to seem economically viable even though it could be.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Holy crap! Now I understand why it takes so long! And here I was, thinking they just stay on Facebook all day... LOL

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
amikety said:
Landing Fee needs to be the same for all classes (Family, FSW, CEC) or else CIC would show favoritism.

Why does it need to be the same? You could have a lesser fee for family class because there is an expectation that the person's intent is citizenship as opposed to workers who may just be here to work.

As for a recruiting war, I am sure there are many "including myself" who would say we should not be doing that and instead use the resources to improve the current workforce.

Besides, the fee increase to cover processing would be better collected for the processing. The landing fee is only pertinent to someone who has gone through the process and been approved. What about those who have been denied, are we going to subsidize their processing costs? That's what would happen if the increase is tacked on the landing fee.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
Well, they are certainly not very forward looking when they re-open Grandparent sponsorship yet at the same time limit the sponsoring of Dependent children to the young age of 18. They don't want Family class to seem economically viable even though it could be.
"could be"? I would love to see a study done on this because I would bet that it would show family class has contributed far more to the wealth of the nation than skilled worker or entrepreneur. It is as you said, there is a sense of entitlement to the others. What is in it for me.

Look at the influx of Hong Kong immigrants in the 90's. They were worried about China so they flocked here. Canada wanted them because they had "investments" tied to their apps. So Canada got lots of money, the rich HK families got an escape. So what happened 10 years later? The economy in China boomed, and a large number of those admitted in the 90's went home, taking their money with them. So how exactly does Canada benefit from this?

If your reason for immigration is personal profit, then you will chase that profit wherever it is. If your reason is family, you will stay and make a life for yourself and your family here. Which motivation do you want in your citizens?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
scos said:
Why does it need to be the same? You could have a lesser fee for family class because there is an expectation that the person's intent is citizenship as opposed to workers who may just be here to work.

As for a recruiting war, I am sure there are many "including myself" who would say we should not be doing that and instead use the resources to improve the current workforce.

Besides, the fee increase to cover processing would be better collected for the processing. The landing fee is only pertinent to someone who has gone through the process and been approved. What about those who have been denied, are we going to subsidize their processing costs? That's what would happen if the increase is tacked on the landing fee.
I agree with you. We should be investing in our current people first, but saying that outloud on an immigration forum is a great way to get flamed :p

Well, we can't know a person's true intent. A Skilled Worker may want to live in Canada for the rest of his/her life as much as a Family Member. We also don't know the future. That family sponsorship could go sour and in 5 years, the couple divorces and the person goes back to his/her home country. The reality is that Family Class costs more overall, in the long term, that economic immigration. Their contribution to Canada's GDP isn't nearly as significant as the Skilled Worker. So if the goal is remain an economic powerhouse, maintain status among other countries, and grow the economy, Skilled Workers and other economic classes (CEC, PNP) are the preference. That is directly reflected in many CIC's new policies. Faster failed refugee removal, higher income needed to sponsor parents, shortening time and hours needed to apply for CEC. (The new FSW program is as well, although its harder to tell because it's so restrictive and disqualified the backlog applicants.)

I'm not trying to start an argument here. If anyone wants to see some of the sources of my information, contact me in PM. As far as discussing it, I'm not comfortable so this the end. Thanks :)

You can also research these items as I have suggested. Suggested search topics "Economic Immigration Canada/USA" "Failures of economic immigration"

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
amikety said:
I agree with you. We should be investing in our current people first, but saying that outloud on an immigration forum is a great way to get flamed :p

Well, we can't know a person's true intent. A Skilled Worker may want to live in Canada for the rest of his/her life as much as a Family Member. We also don't know the future. That family sponsorship could go sour and in 5 years, the couple divorces and the person goes back to his/her home country. The reality is that Family Class costs more overall, in the long term, that economic immigration. Their contribution to Canada's GDP isn't nearly as significant as the Skilled Worker. So if the goal is remain an economic powerhouse, maintain status among other countries, and grow the economy, Skilled Workers and other economic classes (CEC, PNP) are the preference. That is directly reflected in many CIC's new policies. Faster failed refugee removal, higher income needed to sponsor parents, shortening time and hours needed to apply for CEC. (The new FSW program is as well, although its harder to tell because it's so restrictive and disqualified the backlog applicants.)

I'm not trying to start an argument here. If anyone wants to see some of the sources of my information, contact me in PM. As far as discussing it, I'm not comfortable so this the end. Thanks :)

You can also research these items as I have suggested. Suggested search topics "Economic Immigration Canada/USA" "Failures of economic immigration"
It comes down to who is to be enriched and I don't agree with the "plan" because it enriches the favored few.