+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This Is my Education qualification, is it recognized in Canada?

AdnanAwes

Nov 1, 2016
NOC Code......
Hey, a little bit about myself:
- I'm a recent Masters graduate in Biosystems Engineering(Renewable Energy) (3.6/4 GPA), from University College Dublin, Ireland.
- I've a first class Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Production Engineering from Osmania University, India.
- I've an IELTS score of 8. I can speak 5 languages including German.
- I'm 26 and currently working as a Project Controller in the Middle East. I've a work experience of 3 years.

My to-be spouse holds a Canadian PR and we are looking to get married soon. I would like to know if my education (degrees) are recognized in Canada and if there would be any problems for me when seeking jobs/employment in Toronto, Canada. I look forward to hearing any suggestions and advice about going forward.

Many Thanks in advance!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
AdnanAwes said:
Hey, a little bit about myself:
- I'm a recent Masters graduate in Biosystems Engineering(Renewable Energy) (3.6/4 GPA), from University College Dublin, Ireland.
- I've a first class Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Production Engineering from Osmania University, India.
- I've an IELTS score of 8. I can speak 5 languages including German.
- I'm 26 and currently working as a Project Controller in the Middle East. I've a work experience of 3 years.

My to-be spouse holds a Canadian PR and we are looking to get married soon. I would like to know if my education (degrees) are recognized in Canada and if there would be any problems for me when seeking jobs/employment in Toronto, Canada. I look forward to hearing any suggestions and advice about going forward.

Many Thanks in advance!
You will need to aim for entry roles as you do not have Canadian experience and your international experience is very limited.

Beyond that everything should be fine.

Quanticko

Nov 1, 2016
Hi!

That’s a good question! I also wonder if my diploma and PHD is recognized by Canadian education establishments. I have European diploma of higher education and the PHD certificate in linguistics. Where can I get the information how to verify in Canada.

Thanks!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Quanticko said:
Hi!

That’s a good question! I also wonder if my diploma and PHD is recognized by Canadian education establishments. I have European diploma of higher education and the PHD certificate in linguistics. Where can I get the information how to verify in Canada.

Thanks!
This varies by institution. You should email the institution you are interested in.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Quanticko said:
Hi!

Thanks!
To get an accurate assessment of your education credentials, apply for one with any of the designated organizations. Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Going by the posts on this forum, there seems to be a preference for this one http://www.wes.org/ca/
Each organization lists the steps to follow on its site.

AdnanAwes

Nov 1, 2016
NOC Code......
Jalex23 said:
You will need to aim for entry roles as you do not have Canadian experience and your international experience is very limited.

Beyond that everything should be fine.
I understand it's limited but having a full Bachelor's and Masters and 3 years of experience at 26? How much more could I squeeze in? Not that am questioning you , it's for the employers.

Also would this education be recognised or would I've to sit and do year long courses before getting employed? I understand too that it depends on the employer's requirements.

And since you said I'd have to aim for entry level roles, what average remuneration/wage/salary and benefits can I expect?

Thanks for answering my question.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
AdnanAwes said:
I understand it's limited but having a full Bachelor's and Masters and 3 years of experience at 26? How much more could I squeeze in? Not that am questioning you , it's for the employers.
That is why I suggested entry level roles.

AdnanAwes said:
Also would this education be recognised or would I've to sit and do year long courses before getting employed? I understand too that it depends on the employer's requirements.
Depends on what you aim for. Getting employed is simple as long as you do not have high expectations.

The problem with educated people outside of Canada is that they expect to be treated the same as a person that has studied in Canada or has Canadian experience. That will not happen... unless you are a top student from a recognized university (top 50 world)... or those three years of experience were with a very recognized employer in top/key positions.

AdnanAwes said:
And since you said I'd have to aim for entry level roles, what average remuneration/wage/salary and benefits can I expect?
Look for this in job websites. I recommend monster.ca

Also for remuneration look in salaries websites like glassdoor.ca

AdnanAwes

Nov 1, 2016
NOC Code......
Jalex23 said:
Depends on what you aim for. Getting employed is simple as long as you do not have high expectations.

The problem with educated people outside of Canada is that they expect to be treated the same as a person that has studied in Canada or has Canadian experience. That will not happen... unless you are a top student from a recognized university (top 50 world)... or those three years of experience were with a very recognized employer in top/key positions.
Thank you for answering my post. I know about the current hiring outlook of employers in Canada, hence I don't have any sort of expectations although I've graduated from one of the world's top 1% universities. I just want to know if I can employed somewhere decently professional who pays me just enough to have a roof on my head and food on the table for two , without doing a factory/odd job ofcourse.

Thank you so much again! ;D