+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking to change employer while CEC application is under processing.

HarrySingh

Jan 2, 2013
I am April-2013 applicant under NOC code : 2175 Web designers and developers. I have received AOR on 23-May-2013. After applying CEC application I have been transferred to my home country, still working for same employer but now in my home country.

I am thinking to move to new company for better work opportunities, I need suggestions on:

1. Is it OK to change employer while CEC application is in progress ?
I am not thinking to place all my life on outcome of CEC.

2. Do I need to update my new employment details with CIC ? In AOR it says, update any change in employment status.

2. How likely CIC may require further documents related to my Canadian employment? which I have to request from my concern department of employer.
Idea is, if I am working for same employer it sounds easy to get document from employer on demand. my AOR says my file is considered complete and forwarded for processing.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
HarrySingh said:
I am April-2013 applicant under NOC code : 2175 Web designers and developers. I have received AOR on 23-May-2013. After applying CEC application I have been transferred to my home country, still working for same employer but now in my home country.

I am thinking to move to new company for better work opportunities, I need suggestions on:

1. Is it OK to change employer while CEC application is in progress ?
Yes.

2. Do I need to update my new employment details with CIC ? In AOR it says, update any change in employment status.
If they ask for it, do it. It won't affect your application at all.

2. How likely CIC may require further documents related to my Canadian employment? which I have to request from my concern department of employer.
Usually they dont. They might call the person that wrote your reference letter, but you usually don't have to provide more informsation.

Check comments in red above.

Cheers